• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Gwynne, I don't think I'm ready for that right now. I'll talk to the other half, but I think two are more than enough right now

That said, I do recall you posting frequently about working from your hot tub, playing video games all day, and finishing your work at noon and being done. That will never fly in consulting, as I believe you eventually found out.
That is not how I "found out" and, Mike, as if you all of the sudden in the past years I just learned how our consulting business works because of those things points you brought up... Come on, man. This ain't my first rodeo. Give me more credit than that of what I said in the post whore thread.

Don't mispresent me as a do-nothing/lazy employee. If anyone needed me, I always showed up to the office or answered the call. And my clients were good.

If you want me to be sorry for taking advantage of working from home in those covid years, I'm not gonna apologize for anything.

I never worked from the hot tub. How would I even do that? Let's be serious... I would never put my work laptop anywhere near a hot tub where it could fall in. I may have taken a call from the hot tub but so what? And if I got a deliverable out that wasn't expected of me until the end of the day by noon and I played video games after that, so what? If I did what was asked of me, then I'm good. Underpromise, overdeliver. You know this.

I used to put in over 90 hours a week, probably more when I was flying or driving between here or there.

Would be cool if you could respect what I said in the off topic/post whore thread just for what it is and not be so critical of my work behavior because you don't know me that way.

I appreciate your advice to help me get back to it but what you said here is not helping and not accurate.

Last edited:
Gwynne, I don't think I'm ready for that right now. I'll talk to the other half, but I think two are more than enough right now
Don't bother her with it. We will find a foster or an adopter for Cinderella. I know it's too soon and I should not have burdened you with it.

so, kinda a little happy.

yesterday my bike rear brake was sluggish.

so today, I disassemble rear wheel, remove rear disc first time ever (whoa crusty white screws), sand it, dose it with cleaner,
then remove pads, sand them, dose with cleaner, clean the caliper, reassemble,
bend the disc a little :wow where I thought it's touching.... and all of this seems to have worked after a few gentle brake-ings... I think the brake operates better now!!!! :wow 🥳

Last edited:
This site looks a lot like ADVrider now, but is definitely a lot more laggy/slow to load. That said, I am guessing that faster servers likely cost more money and I am perfectly happy to wait the 5+ seconds for a page to load. It's still better than it was before and is sure as shit better than trying to do anything at all on dial-up back in the day. :laughing

I have found it to be pretty fast. Pages load in one second or so for me with Starlink.

But also: This post sponsored by the generator I bought from @ThumperX a few years ago. My power went out again last night. Weeee. I had a 7:00 AM meeting with a client in KSA. I am so fugging glad I woke up extra early for it. I had enough time to drive to town where I had reception for the meeting.

This site looks a lot like ADVrider now, but is definitely a lot more laggy/slow to load. That said, I am guessing that faster servers likely cost more money and I am perfectly happy to wait the 5+ seconds for a page to load. It's still better than it was before and is sure as shit better than trying to do anything at all on dial-up back in the day. :laughing
The server is screaming fast. We think the issue in in the colo network.

Good morning!
It’s fast enough. I can’t forget the friendships formed over these servers.

In other news-solar are there any barfers that do it for a living?

The server is screaming fast. We think the issue in in the colo network.

It's weird. Sometimes it loads pages really quickly. Other times, it takes 5 seconds to to process a "like" of someone's comment. Oh well, I still think it is leaps and bounds beyond the old situation. :thumbup

I’m only concerned with speed on my motorcycle! Maybe the speed of my morning pour over but the smell of beans gives me a taste.

A Haro cone with Melitta filters, not really a speed issue but a lack of patience.

Same here, my cone is called "Bee House" BTW

I really didn't like it those two times the cone fell on the ground BTW:(

Is pour-over noticeably different from drip? Other than being able to drop a cone full of wet grounds on the floor?

Is pour-over noticeably different from drip? Other than being able to drop a cone full of wet grounds on the floor?
I don't care to plug in a drip coffee maker to make one or two cups. I have a single outlet in the bottom of my preferred ceramic cone (I don't like plastic cones) and it makes a nice strong brew. While my kitchen isn't small, I would resent the space a drip machine would take up. I already have a gorgeous Rancilio Silva machine I have used all of twice. oops.

Back