• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Is pour-over noticeably different from drip? Other than being able to drop a cone full of wet grounds on the floor?
Well

It's a yes and no thing.

Well, I just bought relatively hipster @ntytown third wave drip canister coffee from a grocery shop... And yes my pour over at home can definitely be better than that!

It's rare that I find a shop that has really good canister drip. At home, drip could be better than in a coffee shop.
It does come to freshness and discerningness. Pour over people can do it fresher

And finally, when one puts sugar or milk the lines get even more blurry. If not even "OMG my drip is so good"

And finally the convenience. Some of us drink only one pur over cup a day - so ..pour 😀over

Don't forget to bring a towel.

And for Jules, tell her to bring her shortest shorts.
The cabin has all those amenities, and of course Jules packed all the short shorts. She's probably forgotten about the UV index at elevation so I expect there will be a sunburn by Sunday.

The server is screaming fast. We think the issue in in the colo network.
As everyone else has said, I've noticed it too. The difference is with old BARF, it was consistently slow.

New BARF, the lags are intermittent.

That said, I haven't had any lag when browsing on my phone.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be client device dependent. I've had it lag on everything and be fast with everything.

Load on the server is minimal. There are many hops within their network and it appears that sometimes the delay is in reaching the server. Insyder has been working with the colo and doesn't have direct control over the network routing. I'd guess that if he did, this would be solved by now. We'll keep working it!

Reactions: GAJ
Ultimately, I'm not complaining. Just making observations.

Sometimes youtube videos buffer longer than it takes to refresh a thread on BARF.

I think the only thing that is sometimes annoying is replying to a thread puts your post right below the post right above the one you're replying but it's out of order from the conversation because there could be 2-3 pages of posts after. And you have to refresh the thread for it to be all in order. :laughing

Thursday hat trick.

giphy.gif

not true, as The Tz below says. I've definitely had lag on the phone--if anything, b/c a PC is more powerful, I actually am less annoyed on the PC, b/c I can always waste time in another tab!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be client device dependent. I've had it lag on everything and be fast with everything.

It is true for me. Why would I lie about it?

Maybe I'm just lucky that new BARF on my phone has been quick.

holy canoly, I def TLDrD here for the coffee

Well

It's a yes and no thing.

.. so ..pour 😀over
TLDR: as some people here do 1 cup for 1 person a day, pour over is def better. You can simply do it fresher on the spot

-

so I disassembled my fron brake this time. AMAZED TO FIND OUT ROTOR RUBBING ON CALIPR/fork :wtf :wow ... noticed b/c the fork is black alloy and it was... silvered-out on one spot hmmm... so the rotor arm was rubbing b/c I had been fiddling with the caliper and it made the rotor touch the bottom of the caliper. :wtf

oh well. moved the bolts and spaced that out, but now the pads are probably not perfect...

From what I have experienced the site is always snappy on my phone as well. I do get some occasional lag on my desktop, could be I'm making requests faster on my desktop.

Back