• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

To be fair, I've probably only hit that 500 mark the Hyper a few times and it's the kinda limit that you remember for a few days after you hit it :laughing 300 is still a full day but leaves room for a break every 80 miles or so as well as time at the end of the day to rest and recover.I had a few 400 mile days on my Texas trip and those were a lot. At some point I'll either need to get a comfier bike for big rides I suppose, but I just don't find big, heavy bikes appealing.

I've ridden from Tucson to the Bay Area in one day on an 02 SV650, absolutely brutal and I was 20 years younger than now. Can't imagine doing more than 500 miles in a day now.
Funny enough, the first time I did 500 on the Hyper was with a few buddies no the way to Colorado, we took a wrong turn (not my doing!) and had to make it up. One of the guys was on a SV650, good thing he was a young buck, but I still saw him squirming by the end of the day.

I used to do 400 mile days on my DRZ with a truck hard seat pretty regularly. I still hurt from it
I have given consideration to taking the DRZ. Stock seat still. Did a few 400 mile days on my most recent trip, did not like.

And gas every eighty miles too, am I right? :later

:laughing
Perfect cadence for water and stretch breaks. Also reminds me, I need to buy a gas bag...

Toni at Motorcycle/Scooter Upholstery (415) 531-2917 can integrate a gel pad into your seat for a reasonable price. His turn around time is about 6 hours.

Otherwise, I can sew up a sheepskin fo you. Trust me sheepskin pad helps, a lot, had one on the 599 and boy did it make a difference.

I also have the roll up jerry cans or giant loop gas bag if you need them.

I will probably give in to the sheepskin for this trip, but the body parts I'm really worried about are my throttle hands and my left ankle. Throttle hand has a bit of carpal tunnel, sleeping with a wrist brace seems to help but I have a feeling 22 days on a Ducati will not. That and my left Achilles get all pissy whenever that ankle spends a lot of time extended such as riding with the balls of my feet on the pegs, so, we'll see how those things treat me.

Basically it is an involved process, but once you are certified you can teach anywhere in the state. Up front it requires a lot of shadowing and observation.

DM me for more info.

I just put a new battery in the DRZ SM. This thing is 19 years old and has been used and abused the entire time. It's been on multiple BARF rallies and all over California and half of Nevada. It's been to Death Valley. It's been to Carrizo Plain. It's been to the Lost Coast. It's been dumped more than once; in the dirt, mud, and street. It's hit a deer head-on at 55 MPH and been thrown into a ditch. It has never been rebuilt, maintained, or fixed by a shop. I've never rebuilt the motor. It hasn't been started in over a year and was left outside for several weeks recently.

It started up within ten seconds and idled like new.

Back