• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

If riding with others the butt can tolerate a lot more miles if you switch bikes every now and again. Almost as good as taking a rest.
After getting use to cruise control that would be a must have on any long trip.

I just put a new battery in the DRZ SM. This thing is 19 years old and has been used and abused the entire time. It's been on multiple BARF rallies and all over California and half of Nevada. It's been to Death Valley. It's been to Carrizo Plain. It's been to the Lost Coast. It's been dumped more than once; in the dirt, mud, and street. It's hit a deer head-on at 55 MPH and been thrown into a ditch. It has never been rebuilt, maintained, or fixed by a shop. I've never rebuilt the motor. It hasn't been started in over a year and was left outside for several weeks recently.

It started up within ten seconds and idled like new.
i love a good suzuki thumper.
IMG_5997.jpeg

and BL, I love that DRZ. It's a fine pony.

I just put a new battery in the DRZ SM. This thing is 19 years old and has been used and abused the entire time. It's been on multiple BARF rallies and all over California and half of Nevada. It's been to Death Valley. It's been to Carrizo Plain. It's been to the Lost Coast. It's been dumped more than once; in the dirt, mud, and street. It's hit a deer head-on at 55 MPH and been thrown into a ditch. It has never been rebuilt, maintained, or fixed by a shop. I've never rebuilt the motor. It hasn't been started in over a year and was left outside for several weeks recently.

It's a solid bike, I was considering taking mine to Alaska but doing that trip on my Ducati seems dumber, so I'm in.

for those long slabbing times

Just checked and looks like the longest single day ride Ive done over the past decade was about 170 miles. Longer ever was around 200. I know I couldn’t wait to get off the bike after each.
Pretty sure I don’t have the right stuff to do 500, but perhaps a Gold Wing might surprise me.

for those long slabbing times

i already offered him one. he’s… weird.

Jesus christ my ocd is killing me. There's a good chance we'll be moving closer your way and, if so, you're going to need to let me give that thing some love.
are you sure you don’t wanna come stay at my place?!? :rofl

Impressive.

How many miles on it so I can pass along the info to my friend in Orlando who I gave my 2016 DRZSM to?

Thanks.

Good morning hoerzeses!

I remember a fantastic ride with BL but I don’t think honk you were on the DRZ.
Jason, neighbor cut a bypass through those steep S turns. That’s why we needed the crawler that hill is at max 20 degrees.

Headed back up p to YEP tomorrow. Spreading rock.

What is everyone else up to?

Buried in smoke again, presumably from Placerville this time.

I guess that cut is a benefit for now, but anything cutting through switchbacks will be a mess come the rains. I'd get some water bars installed to keep the whole road from eroding.

Up early today to move my car, saw a spot but I wanted coffee, spot was of course gone when I got back. I'll check in an hour or so once people have left for their various office engagements and I'll probably find something more legal.

Back