• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

made Peet's Sumatra this morning instead of Philz Jacob's Wonderbar, feeling more caffeinated.
I'm more caffeinated too, because I had two double espressos instead of one this morning. My go-to these days is a double espresso with about a half teaspoon of heavy cream gently poured through the crema so it floats on top. Takes a little of the bite out.

Morning, I helped move stuff (thankfully no furniture) from a third floor Victorian wall up from 4-11 yesterday, so I think I did my friend duty. We had three to four people at times and alternated watching the truck or moving stuff down. Back is fine, legs are a bit stiff but I'm gonna count that as a workout 😆

COFFEE!

The Utility company's arborists are outside butchering my trees to so they are clear of the power lines. I am gonna stop by the grange tomorrow to see if there is something to apply post trim to help with their stress.

Poor babies.

Morning, I helped move stuff (thankfully no furniture) from a third floor Victorian wall up from 4-11 yesterday, so I think I did my friend duty. We had three to four people at times and alternated watching the truck or moving stuff down. Back is fine, legs are a bit stiff but I'm gonna count that as a workout 😆
Pro tip, never ever be an idiot and volunteer to help move a pool table fully assembled like I did.

COFFEE!

The Utility company's arborists are outside butchering my trees to so they are clear of the power lines. I am gonna stop by the grange tomorrow to see if there is something to apply post trim to help with their stress.

Poor babies.
PG&E just had their way with a neighbor's redwood tree. They made a mess of it.

And in the mountains, Edison has crews just lopping off the top of conifers that are close to power lines. We say there is a new species of tree up there: The Half-pine.

PG&E just had their way with a neighbor's redwood tree. They made a mess of it.
That's sort of what happens here. I am asking my neighbor if I can have some of his horse manure and i will deep water my trees tonight.

Just got three tickets for the October 5th Cal football game against my Alma Mater.

University of Miami.

Should be fun.

BTW, buy from Memorial Stadium direct if you ever go to a game.

1/4 the price of other sites.

Pg&E tried to denude our property of a few 200+ year old oaks. They are not allowed on site without one of us on premises. Folks down the road chased them off with a shotgun in 2018 after the fire. Well beyond their right of way the killed and cut up for firewood a 350 year old tree.
They are entitled fuckers charging us to install underground yet have seen zero advances in that direction.

We used spray foam and found it fairly effective:

We are in process of moving stuff. I’m trying to clean out the RV, my man child is messy to say it mildly. I have 2 dogs supervising things closely.

Thumper, let me know if you need help or advice with PG&e
Thank you. They’ve gone with a new subcontractor who is from our area, knows and loves the fauna. They even gave us a justification for keeping some of the poison oak as it supports a species of bird that otherwise we old have to find a new place to live.

Also, we need the have you up, get that DR going.

1723227410491.png

Back