• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Morning, gonna get up and make coffee as soon as the cat is finished sleeping on me. Then it's a few last minute errands, ditching the car somewhere and hoping it doesn't get towed while essentially abandoned for a month 😬 planning to hit the road either today or Friday for Alaska so I guess I'm doing this thing.

Coffee has been made and I'm picking at my itinerary. Need to start calling places to ensure they'll be open since it's that time of year up there. Gonna need more coffee before I get into that much human interaction though...

We own three rental homes but aren't your "regular" landlords as we care about out tenants and they never leave.

Most landlords are assholes.
i’ve had really great landlords for the most part.

my current landlord?

she’s the worst!

Mine doesn't allow motorcycles on the premises, something about not having a garage and the elevator not being rated for them... rude.

The effects of the spinal injection a few weeks ago were short lived. Back to pre-injection pain levels.

The good news is they did pinpoint where the trouble is. We're thinking decompression surgery is the next step. Will know a bit more after Friday.

Not exactly fun, but the recovery time isn't bad and the procedure itself is outpatient.

Reactions: GAJ
The effects of the spinal injection a few weeks ago were short lived. Back to pre-injection pain levels.

The good news is they did pinpoint where the trouble is. We're thinking decompression surgery is the next step. Will know a bit more after Friday.

Not exactly fun, but the recovery time isn't bad and the procedure itself is outpatient.
Well hopefully that procedure does the trick, having merely dealt with some occasional issues with my lower back I can only imagine if it became chronic. I still have slight numbness in my thumb and index finger on my right hand, probably some mild carpal tunnel, something tells me it won't be minor once I'm done with Alaska. Sounds like there is a procedure to bore out said tunnel to relieve pressure on the nerve, I wonder if it is similar to what they'd do to your back...

Good luck on the ride and medicating , respectively.

Walked home, got the last midnight bus

Got an email for my high school 20th reunion with an 'official' flier.

$100/person

You think I'm gonna pay 100 dollars to meet up with people I haven't kept in contact with in two decades? :laughing

I do have quite a bit of really good friends from high school I keep in contact with because we wanted to stay in contact. Everyone else? Hard pass.

Did I not get the memo? I had the impression from movies and TV shows that high school reunions were free. Whoever can show up shows up. Or at the very least, not anywhere near 100 dollars. So if you bring your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband/partner, it costs you $200 to hang out with people you don't care about?

My 20th was likely the last one I'll to attend for a long time. While there were over 1500 people in my graduating class, as of the 20th anniversary, about 10% actually showed up. Most of whom I never knew then and still don't know now. And now with having to fly all the way across the country to do it? Yeah, no thanks. Maybe I'll go to the 50th...if I make it that far and they're still having them. That might be worth it. :dunno

Last edited:
Got an email for my high school 20th reunion with an 'official' flier.

$100/person

You think I'm gonna pay 100 dollars to meet up with people I haven't kept in contact with in two decades? :laughing

I do have quite a bit of really good friends from high school I keep in contact with because we wanted to stay in contact. Everyone else? Hard pass.

Did I not get the memo? I had the impression from movies and TV shows that high school reunions were free. Whoever can show up shows up. Or at the very least, not anywhere near 100 dollars. So if you bring your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband/partner, it costs you $200 to hang out with people you don't care about?
my classmates treated me like shit.

fuck each and every one of them. :twofinger

to the hermit hut!

Back