• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

20C and below is when I add a liner unless I’m wearing leather, than can tolerate 7-8 degrees lower.
The weather yesterday was perfect for motorcycling. I rode to work and felt like taking the long way home.
Fyi in BC your bike may be impounded if caught doing 40kmh over the limit. Easy to do where the limit is 80kmh
So here's a question, when the speed limit on my GPS shows 80 but I see signs saying 100 max does that mean 100 is the speed limit, or is that the max speed for making a pass? I will definitely keep it in check, I don't need to piss off the Mounties.
woke up remembering (after 1/2 cup of yesterday's coffee) that I still have an SFMTA shuttle-stop-parking ticket to pay. the first appeal din't work, they say they had enough signs. I told them they're too far an invisible, WTF? also no paint.

not sure what else I can do... :(
Take pictures to show them how it is ambiguous, they might still not do anything, but worth a shot.

Yeah I did send them a picture. Shot from across 3-4 lanes, I'm like: look, 2 car lengths in front, and 4-5 after, there's no paint no sign no marks that this is a "ZONE". Picture is there, but perhaps didn't explain it with those exact words.

looks like the next step is "request for hearing".

I mean, this means that due to a current city law, they can post a sign anywhere within a block and say "oh this is only for this hotel" and this sign can be any smaller size (like the one for the zone I was in), and NOT BIG unlike the Cleaning-Signs.

Good morning hoerzeses!! Hope all is well.

I have to get in the water tomorrow and I don’t want to :cry

If you have the time and energy I'd do the hearing, worth being able to show and explain the picture in person to make sure they understand your point.

So here's a question, when the speed limit on my GPS shows 80 but I see signs saying 100 max does that mean 100 is the speed limit, or is that the max speed for making a pass? I will definitely keep it in check, I don't need to piss off the Mounties.

Take pictures to show them how it is ambiguous, they might still not do anything, but worth a shot.

Is there a conflicting sign stating a lower limit?
Signage may differ in different areas. Not sure what’s with your gps but if the only sign you see says 100 Max I’d go by that.

Don’t call the mountie a Hoser, it hurts their feelings. They’re a sensitive bunch.

Well... I've been riding in 80+ degrees the past three days, I was starting to feel cool around 75 so I suspect low 60s will be chilly. But I may try to acclimate the hard way without them since it's gonna be downright chilly when I get to Denali
Damn...I'm still wearing mesh into the upper 50s. :laughing

This person is monitoring the Waymos because they honked during the night... At other Waymos. Haha.

It's a live stream, often there's no action

Last edited:
So you're that guy! Family friend when I was a kid would be out in jean shorts and no shirt washing his car on any sunny day winter day in Colorado where the temp was above freezing :laughing

Fancy coffee break
1000006712.jpg

1994 was hesitating and had started to stall so change the plug wires though the old ones were less than 4 years old; turns out that one of them was not firmly attached to the coil pack so I'm handing on to them.

After decades with a K&N filter I decided to go back to standard paper filter and clean the Mass Airflow Sensor as K%Ns don't filter as well as stock.

Used CRC MAF cleaning spray.

30 minute job.

Car is transformed in terms of throttle response, acceleration, no hesitation or stumbles and supposedly I'll also get mpg.

I am no mechanic so if I can do it anyone can on an older car.

Mine has 195k miles.

excuse me but my name isn’t no one. :x

we should do someday :) gotta figure out when I can try the latest cool stuff at ziet... and endure the cooler than me rockstar bartender with a hat

1994 was hesitating and had started to stall so change the plug wires though the old ones were less than 4 years old; turns out that one of them was not firmly attached to the coil pack so I'm handing on to them.

Mine has 195k miles.

awesome. GFY

in the meantime Farmers have increased my insurance quote the last few times bc.... they never sent me a "mileage estimate request" and I never updated the used-miles online. They're presuming more than double in some cases. :mad: 🇲🇬

I just had yummy Korean food.

having rad coffee of local-SF and posting from said Shop. (So far I have spotted only one weirdo outside dusting his clothing against a bus)

I just put a wine inspired post in the Thinking thread about names. I'm all emotional still over the bike. I hate being in my 60s; it makes me highly aware that there are days left.
You kids!

Back