• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Need a trip update too, @N4teTheGreat :thumbup

1724241422082.png

I’m doing a lot of math wondering if I can retire at 65 vs 67.

Sometimes I wish I went the public sector route so I could buy out years towards retirement with all of my military service and retire sooner. But I honestly don't think I could deal with all the bureaucracy that comes along with working in the public sector.

Still amazed that you set out for Alaska on a hyper.
I'm certainly wondering WTF I was thinking right about now.
Made it to Vanderhoof last night after a riding through a downpour and getting properly soaked. I think everything dried out overnight, except for the bike because my luck in regards to the weather has run out. Just in time to ride the most remote road in the Yukon :laughing

A balmy 50 degrees and raining today.

AP1GczPkcDivCZGSpCvYBGLdhoHjNFR0ElGPDarX1fTh4biH5mY5euCdIYmu4zA4DlGUabcIEcM9udVyrOyMH1upkSTg11_AZDuyQ9O95ZJCWPn_KC9ZcDwuI7VJ6OPlHgXAFLBDEWHtzdeXhVcaJpLkHjGRvw=w778-no-gm

I will be using my layers today I think.
Guy with experience.

.how did you know!!? :mad :p

I bet those Greeks has amazing drugstores to buy them toothbrushes. :dunno
Unless you're talking about ivy League Greeks?!?
manner of speaking, I think they had different utensils back then.
I’m doing a lot of math wondering if I can retire at 65 vs 67.
I've not done the math but I'm pretty sure I cannot retire ever, let alone at 46, though I'd like to!

I worked in the “private sector“ and there was bureaucracy:dunno

Gov: the good s**t in capitalism I guess!

I'm certainly wondering WTF I was thinking right about now.

Made it to Vanderhoof last night after a riding through a downpour and getting properly soaked. I think everything dried out overnight, except for the bike because my luck in regards to the weather has run out. Just in time to ride the most remote road in the Yukon :laughing

A balmy 50 degrees and raining today.

AP1GczPkcDivCZGSpCvYBGLdhoHjNFR0ElGPDarX1fTh4biH5mY5euCdIYmu4zA4DlGUabcIEcM9udVyrOyMH1upkSTg11_AZDuyQ9O95ZJCWPn_KC9ZcDwuI7VJ6OPlHgXAFLBDEWHtzdeXhVcaJpLkHjGRvw=w778-no-gm

I will be using my layers today I think.

manner of speaking, I think they had different utensils back then.

I've not done the math but I'm pretty sure I cannot retire ever, let alone at 46, though I'd like to!
How are the boots holding up?

I worked in the “private sector“ and there was bureaucracy:dunno

Gov: the good s**t in capitalism I guess!
Any company that gets large enough will get some bureaucracy
How are the boots holding up?
Seemed fine yesterday, maybe slightly damp but I couldn't really tell if that was the rain or just sweat from the day as they also don't breathe well at all. I've got plastic bags at the ready if I need em. More concerned about the temperature as the last time I was riding in the 50s I was not enjoying myself at all. I have a few more layers now than I did then however.

Guess I need to get on the road, restaurant at my destination closes at 7 and it a mere 6 hours drive time to there, plus stops don'tcha know.

Coffee has done coffee things and now I must hit the road. It's 54 now, mesh gear weather for some.of you apparently 😆

Good mornoing!!
Still dealing with old computer and Microsoft BS.

Good morning! I have decided to retire at age 62 if financially possible. After 15+ years with the County It'll be time to say bye,bye.
For now it's off to work I go!
Congrats.

45 percent of highest years' pay is not bad at all.

Back