• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I'm running a high fever today.

Do not feel well at all. Hopefully it passes by tomorrow. Usually that's how it works with me. If I get sick, it hits me like a ton of bricks to the point of being pretty much non-functional but it passes in a day.

I don't know if that's better or worse. I have friends when they get sick, it's mild but lasts for 3-4 days but they can still function. Me, not so much but at least it's over in a day.

At low temps it doesn’t need to. Also, if it goes between you and your insulating layers, it tends to keep those dry by blocking your vapor. In a sleeping bag, a vapor barrier makes about a 10 degree difference in comfort.
lol - when we were kids, my dude was into backpacking, and took me with him. he would zip our bags together, and told me that we had to sleep naked (necessary for the bags to keep us warm). i believed him until i started to notice a trend in his theories.

lol - when we were kids, my dude was into backpacking, and took me with him. he would zip our bags together, and told me that we had to sleep naked (necessary for the bags to keep us warm). i believed him until i started to notice a trend in his theories.
when my kid was in scouts we did some snow camping and they said if we couldn’t put on a clean set of clothes before bed we should sleep naked in our bags. your sweetie might have had ulterior motives but he wasn’t wrong. 😇

He definitely had ulterior motives, but he was also right in this particular instance. Cootz called it. :laughing

when my kid was in scouts we did some snow camping and they said if we couldn’t put on a clean set of clothes before bed we should sleep naked in our bags. your sweetie might have had ulterior motives but he wasn’t wrong. 😇
This. We were snow camping in college and my date was freezing and I couldn’t get her to get naked. I should post a snow camping picture… big fun.

1724336852835.jpeg

I wish I had taken a pic of the coffin-shaped shigloo (my shitty igloo) that I made while stranded in WAY eastern Canada for a couple of days when I was younger. It did NOT look nearly as cool as yours, but it sure did the job. I unzipped my sleeping bag in the middle of the night because I was too warm.

It better not snow up here or I'll die, I didn't know about the nekkid thing being beneficial, I always assumed it was about making moves 😆

I'm running a high fever today.

Do not feel well at all. Hopefully it passes by tomorrow. Usually that's how it works with me. If I get sick, it hits me like a ton of bricks to the point of being pretty much non-functional but it passes in a day.

I don't know if that's better or worse. I have friends when they get sick, it's mild but lasts for 3-4 days but they can still function. Me, not so much but at least it's over in a day.
Hope ya feel better quick then. Got some mild case of the sniffles which never really knocked me out, just left me tired. That said, even when I thought I was feeling better a beer or three would knock me out the next day. Weird, I think it was more than a week before I was feeling better.

hey n8-4... Did you get the email for the next thing (the one I told you to do last time ;) )? I did.

but I'm not sure I can do it. But I probably should--since I have nothing else. My BFF said I should probably let it go and drop it, however. I think he has high expectations of me. : |

I'll check assuming the start date isn't before I get back from this trip I'll probably do it again. Think I need to be in Colorado early October so I'll have to check if that's a conflict

Good morning!
Sleeping naked is the best. Swimming neked tops that so I guess sleeping neked is 2nd best.
Nate stay warm and dry.

I ordered some parts for the Shiver and a new helmet for me 🥳 Thinking of retaking a road course but also thinking what I need is saddletime.

Grats on the new scoot, Thumpy! :thumbup Those things are pretty neat, too.

+1 to doing as many things naked as our society will allow. Pants are the devil.

Back