• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Morning.
We had a very sad day yesterday. When I got home late afternoon Spicy stumbled out of heis hiding spot. He looked like he was in really bad shape. It looks like he was mauled by a dog. We made him a bed and put him in a safe spot. He relaxed and his breathing became more even. Sadly.y he passed a little before 10PM. Spicy taught us a lot about raccoons, he was a very sweet and polite little animal and we are very sad.

Oh man you really had a soft spot for that little guy.

RIP Spicy.

Yesterday the local fish store came and picked up all my Cichlids and Hank the giant Plecostomus.

Turning our little hallway from the garage where the tank has sat for 15+ years into an indoor laundrly.

Now to get rid of the 75 gallon tank.

Nobody on BARF seems interested.

We had fish in it but it could hold reptiles or rodents etc.

Not Raccoons though.

Do you think that's because they're from Texas or because maybe they were ranchers and/or farmers. I see a lot of that mentality from the latter as it's pretty much a necessity in their industry.

That's a good question and I don't know if she's mentioned what her life was like there. My guess would be that she's country, but not a farmer/rancher.

Wow, mauled. Sorry to hear about your friendly animal, G

I knew a guy too who had grown up in rural Minnesota who said they had never had a vet put a dog down. There was an unpleasant implication in the remark.

Whoa , ouch

Last edited:
I just dropped Spicy off at Wildcare for an autopsy and cause of death. Even our dogs seemed to know he was part of our crazy pack.

Sad news about spicy, I wonder if it could have been a coyote, they seem to be very active these days.

I just dropped Spicy off at Wildcare for an autopsy and cause of death. Even our dogs seemed to know he was part of our crazy pack.

Very sorry to hear about Spicy, but your last remark is pretty cool.

Sorry about your nature pal G :( You went above and beyond to take care of the little guy

Sorry not to have said anything directly about the goose. Your commitment to hand feeding it says a lot about your care for the bird. Sorry you lost her.

You had a pet goose?!?

Sorry to hear about your pet goose.

Sorry not to have said anything directly about the goose. Your commitment to hand feeding it says a lot about your care for the bird.

^ what he said

Last edited:
Sorry not to have said anything directly about the goose. Your commitment to hand feeding it says a lot about your care for the bird. Sorry you lost her.

+1. Tube feeding for a month, ain't nobody gonna say you didn't put in the effort.

Awe man Michael, I’m sorry about your goose. It really breaks the heart.

Morning.
We had a very sad day yesterday. When I got home late afternoon Spicy stumbled out of heis hiding spot. He looked like he was in really bad shape. It looks like he was mauled by a dog. We made him a bed and put him in a safe spot. He relaxed and his breathing became more even. Sadly.y he passed a little before 10PM. Spicy taught us a lot about raccoons, he was a very sweet and polite little animal and we are very sad.

:(

Thanks everyone and my condolences to spicy.

Mike, we should talk...

I'm admittedly in a funk...You've given me good advice... I'm open to anything and everything... when it comes to CEQA and environmental planning.

I went to the grocery store and was right next to a beautiful clean blue... Triumph...

... convertible. I forgot if a 1967 or 1973 or something. . So I talked to him about the nice car. ..and that's how I learned that: tomorrow on Ocean Beach in the parking lot, there's a classic car picnic.

If anyone is interested

Dang, that sounds cool, I've got a ride planned for tomorrow, but, depending on what time I could swing by on my way home if I make it back in time.

Hmm I wonder if he said Sunday or Friday. He definitely said something like "every third" ...

So, sorry, it may not be tomorrow ?!? Hmm why do I remember tomorrow then...

Because it might be this..not exactly searchable : https://www.instagram.com/p/C2oTnxuroTL/?hl=en&img_index=3

But then Jimmy's car picnic was at Ocean Beach in December already, too.. :

https://www.instagram.com/p/C09zqtgvfho/

-

Oh yeah it definitely is tomorrow, they just moved it in this month due to the (past) rain

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2TcYhCJ9Ke/

Ah the beauty of inconsequential Instagram for a communication platform...:rolleyes :laughing

Last edited:
Back