• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Also I am out of beer because apparently not all gas station convenience stores have booze? WTH Alaska? I'd think with winters like they get here you'd need easy access to booze, or maybe not.

Think something got lost in translation with our water bill. My friend moved out, who had the utilities in his name. So obviously everything transferred. Maybe we missed water? Not sure how that slipped through the cracks if so seeing as that's one of the really big ones instead of like... garbage or internet. Either, I just looked at the last bill that says due on 8/29. Never had to deal with a utility getting cut off in tenant transition anywhere I've lived. Is it weird we got cut off a couple days early?

We got cut off last night around 8PM. Eh, I'll get it solved this morning in a few hours. Good thing I had two 1L water bottles and a full tray of ice. My bathroom and downstairs toilets have one flush in them. I'll take a shower at the community pool and refill my water bottles for the day at the fountain just in case something wonky happens and we're not turned back on. Luckily the community pool is closer than even my mailbox so I can take my morning poo there too. :teeth

Water problem fixed. Well not fixed but issue found. Nobody dropped the ball on payment. WD cut the water off yesterday. Nobody from the water district has been out here yet though.

Roommate has been in contact with them for a week. Could have been a bit more transparent about that... (We don't talk much...")

Last edited:
Good morning! Worked up to cat puking thought of Tux.
Hope you’re feeling better Kurosexi.
Dogs are sensing seasonal changez

Have a great day!

My water bill seems okay, I had a nice bike ride in Sebasto/ SR, it was hot,

my chain snagged pretty bad in the front dee-railleur. Not like a fallen chain, but like fold and snag, grind and lock. WTF? So, the new approach was, take off the rear wheel to have enough slack to straighten the chain!!!! WTF hadn't done that before.

(the rear dee-railleur was sprung / bent all the way forward like an arrow, so there was no slack)

Last edited:
Also I am out of beer because apparently not all gas station convenience stores have booze? WTH Alaska? I'd think with winters like they get here you'd need easy access to booze, or maybe not.
There are some weird rules about alcohol up in Alaska, especially when you get up north. It's because of the native americans.

I dunno why I'd have expected a Tesla to do better in a crash, that's sad.

Up at at 'em int he cold. Making coffee, and according to the guy who runs this place and ground it from his personal stash it's good coffee, because he wouldn't expect anyone staying here to drink coffee he wouldn't drink. It's brewing now, I'll report back.

Well, unfortunately the weather yesterday would have been the best weather to go into the park and see Denali looking mostly cloudy with some rain today. Oh well. I'll bundle up and ride the park bus anyway to see what I can see. I believe you can hop on and hop off at various stops to explore and then catch the next bus. I've carried my good camera all this way, today it gets used.

morin horin, listening to a sampler CD I got for 50 cents, all the odd songs are good while all the even ones aren't

The coffee is quite good and it'll be a balmy 54 degrees in the park, so quite pleasant for fall really. I'll be wearing my heated vest and bring my Forgg Toggs so as to be invincible to weather. Unfortunately for those on the bus, I'm not sure how nice my gear smells right now, I know my actual riding jacket is quite ripe, haven't found laundry as of yet, haven't really looked either. Might do that in Wasalia tomorrow.

I intentionally left the heat in the room off last night so I would stay used to the cold. Only problem is, this bed is very cozy so motivating to get up and pack is.. hard. Coffee is almost gone so that'll probably motivate me, one way or another.

Dangit, hoped you were in the community room doing your thing and unaware of my attempts :laughing

Back