• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Cheers! Congrats on the kids.

Okay, morning volunteering done. I guess I can take a the long way round ride home

Wow Thumper, that is super cool. I hope they didn't kill them.

Koi, good to hear from you. I thought your wife hated me for some reason. Anyway, good on you guys for your kid skills. Looks like you've been busy. The additional problem with this winery is the owner sat there staring at us the whole time exclaiming how great his wines were. We couldn't even spit it out. At one point, we were tasting his horrible red (I don't even remember the variety) and it tasted like some really bad port. Sweet, cloudy, sticky. The GF was like "Here honey, you like port." and drained her tasting into my glass so I had to down that also. And yeah, we ended up buying bottle of the least shitty wine because we felt all weird.

Vertigo sucks.

The sneaks are safe. It’s a wildlife thang.

:laughing

No, she loved you and your place, she just gets very meow when she's in a car all day. We're staying with some of her family that way in October I think and she keeps asking about your horses.

Bummer about the wines, was it a winery up in the hills that way?

Day 3 with no water. Landlord is dragging his ass on getting a contractor out here to get working on the slab leak.

Well, I did turn the water back on yesterday just long enough to run a load of clothes through the washing machine, let the ice maker in the fridge refill, take a shower, then turned it back off.

Wait what? What is the deal with the water? In CA, landlords are required to fix things like that very fast. I think you can either deduct the rent or simply call someone and deduce the repair bill from your rent.

Wait what? What is the deal with the water? In CA, landlords are required to fix things like that very fast. I think you can either deduct the rent or simply call someone and deduce the repair bill from your rent.

Thanks for that info/link, Mike. Not something I've ever dealt with before.

Dragging ass sounds like landlord not liking the renters

Request rent back haha, next time he’ll be better

:laughing

No, she loved you and your place, she just gets very meow when she's in a car all day. We're staying with some of her family that way in October I think and she keeps asking about your horses.

Bummer about the wines, was it a winery up in the hills that way?
Let me know when you are coming up. She is welcome to come play with the horses. I can take you guys to a good winery.

Yes, it was one of the places near us. Like I said, there are some pretty good wineries up here. This was not one of them.

Well, shared the house with an older couple from Minnesota last night, they'd been hauling materials up to their property in Wasila where their son also lives and were on their way home. I offered the fire pit up but they were out early. They were up at 6 or so and I had too many beers around said fire pit waiting to see the stars so I didn't get up. Now they've left and I have this whole huge house to myself until check out. Feels kinda weird, but also kinda cool.

Cropdusters!

:dunno
iu

Smaller, Lower and more frontal Who doesn’t want an Agcat circling their untouchables?

So, on the topic from earlier about the slab leak in my home and the landlord dragging his ass on getting the repairs going... I legit lol'd at the text from him saying 3 things. 1) Reminding me that rent is due on the 1st. ONE time I was late this past month in 6 years living here and he's concerned I won't be paying rent on time because I wasn't really exactly sure what we're doing here and what I owed for August because there was no actual lease for this month. The last lease ended July 31st and the new lease picks up on Sept 1st but the month of August? :dunnoSo I paid him on the 4th of August at the same rate of the previous lease but he wanted to charge me $60/day on top of charging me a portion of house cleaning fees, which he's never done before. We keep up the house, you know... because we live here but having cleaners come through around lease time, that's his decision, always has been that way. Doesn't cost us anything.

2) Asking me when I'm going to pay him that $400 for late rent and house cleaning. Show me in the lease where it says I owe you $60/day late fees. Wait... what lease? That lease doesn't exist, not in August of 2024. Also show me where I agreed to be charged for house cleaning. Wait, that agreement doesn't exist either.

3) Asking me if I have any quotes to share with him about a hole in the wall I caused about a month ago. There's no disagreement there. I was moving a bedside table, lost my footing on the stairs. My bad, I'll deal with it.

It's weird he seems more concerned about a fucking hole in the wall over the fact, WE DON'T HAVE RUNNING WATER. And being unresponsive when I've tried calling him today.

michael-jordan-laughing-gif-8.gif

Also thanks again Mike for that link about tenant's rights but if he's dropping the ball as the landlord, what choice do I have?

If I'm being stupid or irrational about this, feel free to tell me so. I'm fine admitting fault in my thinking/actions. It's not my intention to be a problematic tenant but it's also not my intention to be taken advantage of by my landlord. It's also not my intention to have to keep taking a shit and shower at the community pool bathroom with, so far, no communication on when this might get fixed.

Back