• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

There's basically a techincality here. You may not be allowed to withhold rent . I don’t know, that may be a reason for a landlord to say “sheriff this dude needs to get kicked out because he’s a bad tenant”.

But, you have the right to prove he’s not given you a habitable space, and, to ask or sue for a reimbursement (rent refund)

(Also, He may not have the funds for the repair (which would be totally lame from what I assume is an adult landlord))

-

Not having much to do I’ll make a second coffee. I do love the fresh roasted beans from the local roaster. Push that button!

There's basically a techincality here. You may not be allowed to withhold rent . I don’t know, that may be a reason for a landlord to say “sheriff this dude needs to get kicked out because he’s a bad tenant”.

But, you have the right to prove he’s not given you a habitable space, and, to ask or sue for a reimbursement (rent refund)

(Also, He may not have the funds for the repair (which would be totally lame from what I assume is an adult landlord))

-

Not having much to do I’ll make a second coffee. I do love the fresh roasted beans from the local roaster. Push that button!
es, in California, tenants can withhold rent if a landlord fails to make necessary repairs to a rental property, including water, that make it uninhabitable. However, there are certain conditions that must be met, including:

• Notice: Tenants must give the landlord written or verbal notice of the issue.

• Reasonable time: Tenants must allow the landlord a reasonable amount of time to address the issue. The reasonable time frame depends on the condition of the property.

• Seriousness: The issue must be more serious than a minor fix and must threaten the tenant's health, safety, comfort, or convenience.

• Not caused by tenant: The tenant cannot have caused the problem.

Other remedies for tenants include:

• Repair and deduct: Tenants can pay for repairs themselves and deduct the cost from the next month's rent. However, there are limits to how much can be deducted and how often this remedy can be used.

• Report to local authorities: Tenants can report the issue to local health or building inspectors.

• Sue the landlord: Tenants can sue the landlord.

• Move out without notice: Tenants can move out without notice.

Landlords must ensure that their properties are habitable and safe for tenants. This includes ensuring that the property has proper plumbing, electric, and gas utilities, as well as proper security systems and locks.

Thank you, Geoff.

What's the worse that can happen here?

I had some... let's call it levity with a friend a neighbor sitting in the jacuzzi talking about anything not related to my current bullshit.

Thank you, Geoff.

What's the worse that can happen here?

I had some... let's call it levity with a friend a neighbor sitting in the jacuzzi talking about anything not related to my current bullshit.
No problem.

As a landlord I hate to hear what some put their tenants through.

Mind you, I suspect there are more good mom and pop landlords out there than bad.

Evidently 42 percent of renters have never had a landlord they disliked which is a good sign.

No problem.

As a landlord I hate to hear what some put their tenants through.

Mind you, I suspect there are more good mom and pop landlords out there than bad.

Evidently 42 percent of renters have never had a landlord they disliked which is a good sign.

To a detriment, I do my best to believe in good people.

This is not going to work out the way he thinks it will. He won't like it and I won't like it.

Arrived in Haines about an hour early and went straight to the ferry terminal, they don't have potable water here and the vending machines don't work. Properly wet ride down, core is dry boots and gloves are soaked.

Luckily I have a room in Skagway so I can find that place dry off and then go find myself a meal since I haven't had anything but coffee so far today.

Gonna have to disrespect a few hand towels to dry out my boots a bit.

good afternoon whores!

i had coffee at one cafe with @SFMCjohn then we went to another cafe for more coffee and some grub. got fitted for a helmet at munroe. was extremely impressed with the person who helped me. (thanks Kyle!)

currently getting a pedicure. have 6600 steps and about 2.8 miles under my belt from that little loop. riding north to visit a buddy in rehab. he hit a deer on his bike.

"Joe this is out of my control, I don't want to have to come again to collect rent."

This is a joke, right!? I legit lold' :laughing Threatening me with... I don't know, his presence? You think I'm afraid of you?

What are you gonna do to me? Force me to put some numbers into Venmo or Paypal or whatever. Not gonna happen.

full

I like where I live and I'm not leaving until next year, July 2025 but until then...

"Joe this is out of my control, I don't want to have to come again to collect rent."

This is a joke, right!? I legit lold' :laughing Threatening me with... I don't know, his presence? You think I'm afraid of you?

What are you gonna do to me? Force me to put some numbers into Venmo or Paypal or whatever. Not gonna happen.

I like where I live and I'm not leaving until next year, July 2025 but until then...
What a complete ignorant law breaking asshole your landlord is.

What a complete ignorant law breaking asshole your landlord is.
Geoff, he's the type of person that doesn't have problems when everything is going right,

but when things are not exactly going right or going wrong, he crumbles. I wish I was wrong about this but the fact he's trying to reason his way around this instead of doing everything he can so his tenant has running water... That speaks very loud.

good afternoon whores!

i had coffee at one cafe with @SFMCjohn then we went to another cafe for more coffee and some grub. got fitted for a helmet at munroe. was extremely impressed with the person who helped me. (thanks Kyle!)

currently getting a pedicure. have 6600 steps and about 2.8 miles under my belt from that little loop. riding north to visit a buddy in rehab. he hit a deer on his bike.
oh noes! Feeling left out. :x ;)

Could have joined for the second coffee and grub , but hey I rode around, saw a carbon Trek in size 60 on a garage sale … I think I think it’s too big for me. Feels like I want a bike but shouldn’t buy it.

Seems very likely that the landlord is having money trouble. You’re being nicer than I would be. He needs a visit from the building inspector and an education as to what his obligations are.

I think you need to open that account for rent dispute immediately. Screenshot it on the first. Then first thing Tuesday contact a tenent's group. I know when I had trntal property when we had an issue that could not be resolved within 24 hours we paid for a hotel covering teh duration of the interruption.

Reactions: GAJ
How long can a landlord leave you without water in California?

In California, landlords must ensure tenants have hot water access, as mandated by state law. Essential service repairs, like hot water, need prompt attention, with a 30-day windowfor non-urgent fixes and swifter action for emergencies.

You have no water therefore no hot water. By legal standars your unit is uninhabitable. Trust me when I say make the account for holding the rent while in dispute. Do that today!!! Even if it means you have to go to the bank right now. You have rights. I appreciate that he is in dispute with the HOA and it sounds as if he will have to apply for permits to perform the repair. Although you are not obligated to pay rent to him, you are obligated to pay your rent. With that money in a seperate account earmarked as rental dispute your hand gets a lot stronger. Once the water is back on you are allowed to charge back a daily rate for days the unit was uninhabitable.

full

I'd be going building inspector / lawyer real quick and looking at a few months of rent free living.

Today, on NPR’s wait wait don’t tell me, I heard a funny case with a mistaken tattoo. Apparently it’s a real case and here is the text about it!

Worked as a piercer in a shop a decade ago. A guy came in and wanted "Murphys law"...the artist freehanded a design on him, he green lit it after watching in the mirror and they did a beautiful piece with a banner saying "murpys law". Seemed fitting. The guy loved the fact that his one messed up tattoo was the murphys law one.

-

I also test rode that old carbon trek in size 60. I was wobbly on it. Nate are you size 60 for road bike? The guy wants $600 or offers for it.
(Rim brakes, front derailleur Ultegra, rear 105)

Today, on NPR’s wait wait don’t tell me, I heard a funny case with a mistaken tattoo. Apparently it’s a real case and here is the text about it!

-

I also test rode that old carbon trek in size 60. I was wobbly on it. Nate are you size 60 for road bike? The guy wants $600 or offers for it.
(Rim brakes, front derailleur Ultegra, rear 105)
Ya know I'm not sure what size I am, 6:3" and 34 inseam, but also old carbon fiber? Naw. Those epoxies don't last forever.

Back