• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Slept in a bit today, only have 300 miles to cover, and I sure do hope all the gas stations are open 😬 I may convert my aluminum water bottle I've been using into an extra gas container, though I'm not sure it'll buy me much. I made it 158 miles on the tank and spare gas yesterday and probably could have gone further.

Awe Kou, you have us for adult (questionable) exchange and conversation.’

Just make sure it's questionable!

I think I'm actually gonna try out a great of the outdoorsy shops in town and see if I can get some white gas bottles or something. I have two 160 mile stretches and while I made both of them last time, one had a tailwind and the other had a additional gas stop that may or may not be open for me today. I'd rather not risk it as the bike was really sucking down gas yesterday.

Our creek had slowed to a trickle yesterday. Turned out a drainage culvert that directs the stream under a road uphill of us had gotten plugged up. The stream had overflowed the bank uphill and was flooding the road below, close to inundating a neighbor’s house. The water was fresh snow melt, about five feet deep in the culvert. I waded in up to my chest to feel for the blockage with my feet, with no luck. Ended up joining about six boards end to end to reach about 40 feet up the culvert from our side and was able to get a small trickle started. I poked another stick into the muck in the culvert and suddenly head a roar of water behind me.

The 12” pipe was totally full of water, which burst out and flowed down the stream channel in a big wave. Once the backup was drained, I found a patch of old truck inner tube that had caused the blockage. Relieved to have that behind me, but it redirected some of my project time for the weekend.

This will be the last hurrah before back surgery on Tuesday. If I was having any doubts before (I wasn’t), I’m definitely not by now.

Everyone I've talked to has said the same.

There was a few more texts from him last night but at that point, I just ignored the rest of them. The last thing I said was when the water is turned on or there's actually someone here to begin repairs, we can talk then. Let me know when that happens. Until that happens...

It was a bit humorous, his texts were flip flopping between bullying and to trying to explain his "plight" as a landlord dealing with a major home repair. Dude, pick one. You can't have it both ways. Actually, you can't have it any way here.
Kuro... Don't know if you've seen this ----> https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/landlord-tenant-issues

• Tenants with health or safety issues in their homes have a right to ask their landlords to make repairs. Tenants should make repair requests and complaints about unsafe or unhealthy conditions in writing. Tenants should document issues by text messages, emails, letters, and certified mail, and also by videos and photos. Tenants should keep a copy of any communications they have with their landlord.
  • If a landlord refuses to make repairs, tenants should contact their local code enforcement office or local health department. Cities or counties may also have their own rent board or rent control program that deals with building health and safety.
  • If a tenant living in a unit with health or safety issues is served with an eviction notice, it is very important for the tenant to inform a lawyer or the court about those health and safety issues. Doing so may help the tenant’s defense or affect the landlord’s right to evict the tenant. (Civ. Code §§ 1942.3, 1942.4.)
  • Tenants are responsible for keeping their units clean and sanitary, and for using appliances and fixtures as intended. Tenants must also avoid damaging the unit. If tenants cause damage to the unit, they may be responsible for the costs of repairing it.
Hope that helps!

Our creek had slowed to a trickle yesterday. Turned out a drainage culvert that directs the stream under a road uphill of us had gotten plugged up. The stream had overflowed the bank uphill and was flooding the road below, close to inundating a neighbor’s house. The water was fresh snow melt, about five feet deep in the culvert. I waded in up to my chest to feel for the blockage with my feet, with no luck. Ended up joining about six boards end to end to reach about 40 feet up the culvert from our side and was able to get a small trickle started. I poked another stick into the muck in the culvert and suddenly head a roar of water behind me.

The 12” pipe was totally full of water, which burst out and flowed down the stream channel in a big wave. Once the backup was drained, I found a patch of old truck inner tube that had caused the blockage. Relieved to have that behind me, but it redirected some of my project time for the weekend.

This will be the last hurrah before back surgery on Tuesday. If I was having any doubts before (I wasn’t), I’m definitely not by now.

Video on this evenings news, right?

Positive JU-JU heading your way for tomorrow's surgery and a quick recovery!

picked up "Greatest Hits of Petula Clark" at a church rummage sale for 2 bits and I am quite frankly amazed. It's a really well engineered CD.
full range and depth of sound at a volume slightly above just in the back ground, it makes you want to turn it up.
Maybe it's the three beers and two shots.
Ha, ha, ha.... explains a lot!

One thing I'm gonna do today is watch Passenger 57. One of Wesley Snipes lesser known movies. Have it on DVD
Kuro... Don't know if you've seen this ----> https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/landlord-tenant-issues

• Tenants with health or safety issues in their homes have a right to ask their landlords to make repairs. Tenants should make repair requests and complaints about unsafe or unhealthy conditions in writing. Tenants should document issues by text messages, emails, letters, and certified mail, and also by videos and photos. Tenants should keep a copy of any communications they have with their landlord.
  • If a landlord refuses to make repairs, tenants should contact their local code enforcement office or local health department. Cities or counties may also have their own rent board or rent control program that deals with building health and safety.
  • If a tenant living in a unit with health or safety issues is served with an eviction notice, it is very important for the tenant to inform a lawyer or the court about those health and safety issues. Doing so may help the tenant’s defense or affect the landlord’s right to evict the tenant. (Civ. Code §§ 1942.3, 1942.4.)
  • Tenants are responsible for keeping their units clean and sanitary, and for using appliances and fixtures as intended. Tenants must also avoid damaging the unit. If tenants cause damage to the unit, they may be responsible for the costs of repairing it.
Hope that helps!
It does help. All the information y'all have shared is a good thing.

Reactions: GAJ
One thing I'm gonna do today is watch Passenger 57. One of Wesley Snipes lesser known movies. Have it on DVD

It does help. All the information y'all have shared is a good thing.
I watched 21 jump street. The josh/puffy remake :rofl

Taking a break in Teslin, about 3 hours to go to my destination today. It's late for coffee but coffee is required.

The original or the remake?

Both are hilarious.
The remake (as it says). I actually didn’t know it was gonna korny:rofl Of course the “cameo” at the end was fun, too

Taking a break in Teslin, about 3 hours to go to my destination today. It's late for coffee but coffee is required.
Yeaaahhh…sometimes if one is wound up, stopping for juice, water, coffee… is necessary. Taking a break.

Back