• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Oh hey Happy Birthday Kuro, you young man you :laughing kidding, I only got 8 years on ya.

Coffee is brewing, I'm looking at another day of riding, so pretty good. Tires look like hell, oil looks like hell. Part of me wants to limp it home, part of me thinks I should probably bite the bullet and get it serviced in Vancouver.
Get it serviced. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Hey, I'm 38. Knocking on the door of not being called young man anymore!
Technically, considering the average life expectancy in the U.S. is 76, you've already reached middle-age and are no longer a young man. :laughing

Get it serviced. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Two new tires and an oil change will be a bit more than an ounce, but you make a good point. Gotta get to Vancouver before I can really do anything anyway, which puts me a mere two days from home. I suppose I could find some oil and just drain the crank case and put fresh in without a filter change. Just need to figure out a way to catch the old oil.

Two new tires and an oil change will be a bit more than an ounce, but you make a good point. Gotta get to Vancouver before I can really do anything anyway, which puts me a mere two days from home. I suppose I could find some oil and just drain the crank case and put fresh in without a filter change. Just need to figure out a way to catch the old oil.
If you do it in the parking lot of an O'Reilly's or something, they'll usually be able to give you something to catch the oil with and the best part is they can recycle it for you right there in the building.

I forgot to ask too Nate, are you planning on popping in to The Motorcycle Shop in Anchorage? Wait, was Anchorage even on your itinerary?

W
I forgot to ask too Nate, are you planning on popping in to The Motorcycle Shop in Anchorage? Wait, was Anchorage even on your itinerary?
Way past them, I'm in Smithers now headed south. about 1300 miles left to go. So really at this point, I think even the rear tire might just be able to roll into SF on fumes :laughing and the oil mileage will be just past 6k with 6k being about when I normally do an oil change anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KUROSEXI!!!
🥳

good morning to the rest of yous.

Color me impressed, checked my tire pressures and they are spot on the cold pressure I want after I eyeballed the warm pressures a few days back in Palmer. I'll have to keep checking them as I get closer to sea level and they'll go up I expect. Not to the wear bars yet!

Back