• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Yeah, I still swaddle him but she is already a better break dancer than anything that came from Australia. She'll sleep on her stomach so we don't tend to swaddle her as much. But if she really fights a nap I'll still put her in handcuffs.

Sometimes it works and sometimes she breaks loose as she already has. So now we're watching tele monster scat with Joe Williams at Birdland

So, one of my long time riding buddies passed away a few months ago. Apparently, he left me his scooter because he knew I liked it and thought I should have one in my stable. I picked it up this past weekend and visited with his widow (they moved to GA a few years ago). I've had it for a few days and already love it. It's a 2021 Yamaha XMax 300. Good lord this thing is fun.
Damn Aaron, sorry for the loss, but you were in my hood and I don't even get a heads up? 😥

Damn Aaron, sorry for the loss, but you were in my hood and I don't even get a heads up? 😥
I know, I know. It was a very quick out and back. I covered the 1100 mile round trip in just over 20 hours, including taking an hour to pick up the scooter and hang with my buddy's widow for a short time.

I know, I know. It was a very quick out and back. I covered the 1100 mile round trip in just over 20 hours, including taking an hour to pick up the scooter and hang with my buddy's widow for a short time.
No worries, sir. Just not often that BARF'ers are in the hood. Always nice to rub elbows with some of y'all when you're in the AO.

Technically, considering the average life expectancy in the U.S. is 76, you've already reached middle-age and are no longer a young man. :laughing
Not to be too depressive on my birthday but based on the age when the men in my immediate family checked out, thinking 6 or 7 or them, I'm already playing on the back 9 holes of the golf course of life.

Not to be too depressive on my birthday but based on the age when the men in my immediate family checked out, thinking 6 or 7 or them, I'm already playing on the back 9 holes of the golf course of life.
It may not be a foregone conclusion. A good friend from college lost his dad and brother at young ages, both to heart attacks. While his doctor encouraged him to retire early out of similar concerns, he has vastly outlived them and seems to be doing OK.

Perhaps you were dealt a different hand via your mom.

In the end, none of us know. Be as happy as you can be now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KUROSEXI!!!
🥳

good morning to the rest of yous.
:teeth Thanks, G.

And thanks to the rest of as well. Just planning on taking a walk to the local theater to catch a movie in about an hour, mostly just to be out of the house while water repairs are still going on, then hang out at the bar next door with friends to have a few drinks, then possibly head to a friend's house for game night.

Reactions: GAJ
It may not be a foregone conclusion. A good friend from college lost his dad and brother at young ages, both to heart attacks. While his doctor encouraged him to retire early out of similar concerns, he has vastly outlived them and seems to be doing OK.

Perhaps you were dealt a different hand via your mom.

In the end, none of us know. Be as happy as you can be now.
I know, Andy. That's why I started that post with "not to be too depressive". Some of the stuff I say in here isn't always positive but it's not because I'm in a bad mood (well sometimes I am), it's more because I trust y'all in the post whore thread and I'm just saying what's going on in my life as most of us do.

Just for instance, I just got back from the community pool refilling some water bottles and taking a shit in the bathroom there. This whole situation is incredibly annoying but what was fun, I chatted with one of the workers because he was curious about my bike and my car. We also talked a bit about the job because I think I mentioned it's not just my house, it's the whole line of 6 houses on the street they're doing at the same time. So, that conversation was interesting. I asked again if they need me to move my car. Moving my bike is easy. My car hasn't moved in 4-5 years but it's still a Toyota MR-2 that weights like 10lbs and moving it to a parking spot in the complex isn't that hard. He said nope, you're good, we'll work around it. So I threw a car cover on it and that's that.

Is your ass to the wear bars yet? :laughing
It's getting there! :laughing Every.day from here on out is planned at 350 miles or so, unless I decide to take it easy. Nothing booked past tonight, but I guess I should figure out where I'm staying in Vancouver...

350/day isn't that bad. Doing it consecutive days in the conditions you're dealing with, yeah, I'd say you're making a Herculean effort. Haven't posted in your separate thread but I have been following it.

Zombie student loan?!!!!! Dammitttt!
They were supposedly all paid off. In dispute dept of education has no records prior to 2011?

Zombie student loan?!!!!! Dammitttt!
They were supposedly all paid off. In dispute dept of education has no records prior to 2011?
The fuck? jerks!

My boy child sent me an agave and a citrus tree that is cold tolerant. They arrived today. I feel so loved.

Back