• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

So I graduated in 2004, if there are no records showing payments from 2011 why are there records of a loan from 2004?

Just another day of frustration.

So I graduated in 2004, if there are no records showing payments from 2011 why are there records of a loan from 2004?

Just another day of frustration.
betcha they never updated their software and then when it died in 2010 and they had to purchase a new system they couldn't bring their old data forward. happened to me with a health care system, no records before 2016 when they got the new software.

Two new tires and an oil change will be a bit more than an ounce, but you make a good point. Gotta get to Vancouver before I can really do anything anyway, which puts me a mere two days from home. I suppose I could find some oil and just drain the crank case and put fresh in without a filter change. Just need to figure out a way to catch the old oil.

You can change the oil at my place. Give me a heads up a day in advance if its gonna be a weekday so I can stay home that day

I also have a front and rear stand if you have to pull wheels off.
Don’t have a 1/2” drive torque wrench though for putting the wheel back to proper torque. Could probably mark it before removing and put it back to that. Not what the motogp team would do but might not be too far off.
I’d ask the mechanic dude at work to borrow a torque wrench but he isn’t a fan of letting his tool out of sight.

You can change the oil at my place. Give me a heads up a day in advance if its gonna be a weekday so I can stay home that day
that's pretty awesome

note to self : visit V BC to check out the Frenchie folksies and BP :p

----
Don’t have a 1/2” drive torque wrench though for putting the wheel back to proper torque. Could probably mark it before removing and put it back to that. Not what the motogp team would do but might not be too far off.

I'm just here to chew bubblegum and to make a 3/8" wrench joke, which should make M D come back from the P W dead. (Or not... we'll see... )

1725495892322.png

Last edited:
I also have a front and rear stand if you have to pull wheels off.
I’d ask the mechanic dude at work to borrow a torque wrench but he isn’t a fan of letting his tool out of sight.
Right on, I was probably just gonna ride it to a shop and let them deal with the wheels, as of today I definitely have enough rubber o make it to Vancouver, I imagine as things get warmer further south it'll be done though. So smart money is on new rubber in Vancouver versus trying to milk it I think.

My butt has petitioned me for a chill day, so the current plan is to ride to cache Creek tomorrow if I can find a place to stay and then ride to Whistler and Vancouver the following day. No idea how flexible your work schedule is, but if you wanna join me in cache Creek and ride back home (or if you have better suggestions or wanna meet me along the way) let me know! Just got in and getting fed now, then I'll work on logistics tonight.

Cache Creek, yikes that’s a bit of a haul at 4 hours 😵‍💫

I can meet you in whistler Friday that way you get to check out the sea to sky highway.
To be honest the name of that road is a bit more grandiose than what it lives up to but since you’re in the area and it was on your list you might as well check it out.

Biggest score of the day, I found my room here has a full coffee maker and those motel coffee packs, since I have a.bag of grounds from last night I figured I'd ask if they could sell me a.few filters. The guy went to their supply closet and handed me a bunch, wouldn't take my money. Good coffee in the works by a lake tomorrow. Sweet.

If you think you’d be dropping into the dealer you might want to make a call tomorrow to book something.
There’s three different Ducati shops, I can check for you,
It’s unlikely they’d be able to get you in if you rode up unannounced.
They’d be more likely to do a tire swap with wheels off the bike.
Just like in the US the dealers are closed on Mondays.

been periodically hearing this eerie screaming at night. usually goes on for 10-15 minutes. really creepy. at first, thought it was an owl, but looked up the sounds they make. nope. heard it again a couple of nights ago. finally figured out what it was (searched on weird screams at night lol).

If you think you’d be dropping into the dealer you might want to make a call tomorrow to book something.
There’s three different Ducati shops, I can check for you,
It’s unlikely they’d be able to get you in if you rode up unannounced.
They’d be more likely to do a tire swap with wheels off the bike.
Just like in the US the dealers are closed on Mondays.
Good to know, I also don't need to do the dealer if you have a local shop you like, I have the socket for the rear wheel so anyone who stocks tires should be able to throw a rear on. That said I will definitely call and see what I can arrange. Plan is currently to get into Vancouver on the 6th and ideally get a tire thrown on the 7th in the morning. Worst case I can probably make it to Portland so if needed I can make an appointment there for Sunday. I'll call around before I check out tomorrow thanks!

been periodically hearing this eerie screaming at night. usually goes on for 10-15 minutes. really creepy. at first, thought it was an owl, but looked up the sounds they make. nope. heard it again a couple of nights ago. finally figured out what it was (searched on weird screams at night lol).

Holy crap, I head exactly this sound in Tok, Alaska and assumed something was getting murdered in the woods (and started wondering if I should go inside)! Nice to know what it was!

POI!!!! POSTING UNDER THE INFULUENCE

Two things.

1) went to the theater at 2:20pm to watch Blink Twice. Holy fuck. I don't think I can remember any movie ever that had a disclaimer before the movie because what was going to happen was pretty fucked up.

B) I just wanted to hang out with some of my local friends and that's what I did. That's it. Didn't want to make a big deal about my birthday.

3) I remember my friend Danielle calling me the little brother she never wanted. I responded, you're the big sister I didn't know I needed.

D) I had a long talk with my best friend and former roommate. I respect the fuck out of him for so many reasons but the biggest one is that he was at my dad's funeral. Emilio didn't know my dad but he wanted to be there for me.

Fun day...

It's not over. I'm watching What we do in the Shadows. Because anything vampire related is good for me,

Good to know, I also don't need to do the dealer if you have a local shop you like, I have the socket for the rear wheel so anyone who stocks tires should be able to throw a rear on. That said I will definitely call and see what I can arrange. Plan is currently to get into Vancouver on the 6th and ideally get a tire thrown on the 7th in the morning. Worst case I can probably make it to Portland so if needed I can make an appointment there for Sunday. I'll call around before I check out tomorrow thanks!
Ive only dealt with dealers so not really familiar with any small shops.
One of the Ducati mechanics was always cool with me and would fit me in without appointments but he got out of the industry a few months ago.
There’s at least 6 dealers Ive dealt with, I suspect one of them should get you sorted for the tire swap.

Damn, Vancouver is big! There's one dealer, one Ducati focused independent shop and then a few other independent shops. Dealership was always a mixed bag so once my warranty ran it's course I found @Lucytriple , who might have a bit of work lined up when I get back :laughing

this might be an interesting side note, if, in our "blessed for riding" City, the "dealerships are a mixed bag". I wonder if that's because of the wishy-washy nature of the people who actually do the work--because they can't afford the city ...

... so therefore, other metro areas benefit from more-stable workers?

Back