• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I got some Canadian money, the S/O collects the stuff so that was the main reason. No strippers were harmed in the breaking down of those bills into change. Planning to head out today around 11, I have less than two hundred miles to get to Cache Creek, so I'll be lazy. Need to find myself a tire in Vancouver or Portland though, so calls will be made this morning / afternoon.

I got some Canadian money, the S/O collects the stuff so that was the main reason. No strippers were harmed in the breaking down of those bills into change. Planning to head out today around 11, I have less than two hundred miles to get to Cache Creek, so I'll be lazy. Need to find myself a tire in Vancouver or Portland though, so calls will be made this morning / afternoon.
get to work.

are you gonna stop by my house ? 🥹

Hmm, coffee maker is imbuing some sort of cleaning product aroma in my coffee, I ran a few pitchers of water through it so it's better. Guess I'll have to find good coffee on the road today.

Hmm, coffee maker is imbuing some sort of cleaning product aroma in my coffee, I ran a few pitchers of water through it so it's better. Guess I'll have to find good coffee on the road today.
plans = thwarted

money laundering
Work? I ain't got no jerb. You gonna be around Sunday? I need to actually figure out my route home, but the current plan is Vancouver tomorrow, somewhere 300 miles south of that Saturday, somewhere 300 miles south of that Sunday (which might work out to be near you?) and then hammer on home Monday. I think...

Loonies and Toonies are the most annoying part of Canada IMO. Carrying around so much change as opposed to smaller denomination bills is just dumb and cumbersome.

I agree. It seems kinda ridiculous.

The other thing I learned about Vancouver when I was there is the overall joke about Canadians apologizing for everything is not exactly unreal. I was walking down a street and a bus passed by... the scrolling marquee sign said, "Not in service, sorry." I was laughing so hard I put my hands on my knees and my sides hurt.

They say

L I B R T Y

What does that mean. ?

And yes. They exist in SF, if that's what you mean.

I must've moved exactly next to the one of them.
The point was they don't strike me as the kind of people that would live there based on what you described.

But hey, at least California doesn't have this stupid ass plate...

1725555985265.png

I think it's more about the maximization of profit in that sort of environment.But of course, the more expensive the cost of living, rent, etc gets, the more everyone is gonna try harder to maximize their profit at the expense of those they are profiting from.
So you're saying we're screwed over here. Constant overcharging, and, by the looks of (some?) Of us , "we can afford it_.. shit.. that's BS

I'm guessing areas with more space could have better support and better cheaper pricing like you seem to be finding in Vancouver.

Gotta rinse those hotel coffee maker with a regular pot of water before using them

The point was they don't strike me as the kind of people that would live there based on what you described.
Because this one was some kind of a cop or commercial enforcement and his brother or cousin probably, is, too...

Like duh

In fact why don't I go to the donuts place where sometimes when I walk in there and there are two middle-aged guys chatting on a table and look at me all nasty when I walk in (undercover ?) . Too bad the donuts are cheap (ish) and good

Work? I ain't got no jerb.
Nate, what you're doing reminds me of the last time I was unemployed when I travelled the country for a month by train.

I've been meaning to finish consolidating that experience between anything I posted on BARF, facebook, instagram. I still have friends that ask me why haven't I done it again and I tell them I don't want to try recreate that experience because 90% of it was not planned but it was perfect.

I certainly drew a little inspiration from the seat of your pants move there. I usually do my trips a little more unplanned save for a route, but I had to make sure I had places to stay and gas on this one. However, I may have unplanned myself into a corner. By the time I get into Vancouver all shops are gonna be closing up for their weekend. Cycle Gear is open, so if I can get the rear wheel to them they'll have a Dunlop or Michelin I can run and I'll just deal with mismatched tires until I get home. Otherwise, I guess I'll have see how long this much rubber will make it south... I figure the coast won't be as hard on the tire as hammering I-5, but, it's also a long way from moto shops there.
PXL_20240905_051954890.NIGHT.jpg

Back