• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Kinda surprised you think any landlord is giving a funk about ya.

Don't recall any of my landlords or neighbors giving a fukk...
Well I feel fortunate previous landlords I've had really did care. So I've been lucky in that regard.

I'm aware that isn't the norm or expectation. Just my experience.

Well I feel fortunate previous landlords I've had really did care. So I've been lucky in that regard.

I'm aware that isn't the norm or expectation. Just my experience.
I care a lot about my tenants and their comfort.

I replaced an HVAC system that was old but still worked in the spring so they wouldn't have to go through an emergency.

Even paid extra to go heat pump so they could save money on electricity.

A few weeks ago notified them that we would raise rent by $100/month starting November, first increase since they moved in 10 years ago, (new rent is $1350/month for standalone two car garage 2/1 small back yard, 850 sq/ft house).

He came by with the rent two days ago and paid the new rent ahead of time.

"Oh no, that's fine, we have no problem starting the new rent now."

They clearly appreciate our approach.

I care a lot about my tenants and their comfort.

I replaced an HVAC system that was old but still worked in the spring so they wouldn't have to go through an emergency.

Even paid extra to go heat pump so they could save money on electricity.

A few weeks ago notified them that we would raise rent by $100/month starting November, first increase since they moved in 10 years ago, (new rent is $1350/month for standalone two car garage 2/1 small back yard, 850 sq/ft house).

He came by with the rent two days ago and paid the new rent ahead of time.

"Oh no, that's fine, we have no problem starting the new rent now."

They clearly appreciate our approach.
Geoff, you came to mind when I was writing my frustrated post because you've spoken many times before about how you handle being a landlord and your tenants.

Reactions: GAJ
Long term renters save a landlord money. Just cleaning and painting with turnover adds up.
Admittedly most landlords are short sighted.

Our turnover in our three rentals has been zero past ten years and I expect the same next 10 years.

Sure we've spent money, all tax deductible as part of maintenance or upgrades.

Two have new HVAC past few years, the one without central a/c got a whole house fan two years ago; they love it.

So fortunate to have our landlord. Current owner is the third generation. Sadly Prop 19 will fuvk her kids and any of her current tenants.
I hate that corporations have taken over property and property management. The greed and callousness has destroyed any relationships that tenants can have with their landlords.

picked up a CD for 50 cents at Rasputin's in Concord, Hits of the 80s, it's only 10 songs but each one as elicited an OMG from my GF.
You know Jenny's number?

arrgghh I have 40 pus Sailor Moon CDs and I have to figure out where this song comes from

yeah I realize that having 40 plus Sailor Moon CDs is not a problem that most humans have

arrgghh I have 40 pus Sailor Moon CDs and I have to figure out where this song comes from

yeah I realize that having 40 plus Sailor Moon CDs is not a problem that most humans have

I have over 400 Tangerine Dream titles.
Wanna trade?

:teeth

Back