• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Damn straight. Hoodies and shorts are the best comfort outfits for me year round...well, if it's cold enough to actually need a hoodie in the first place. :laughing

It ain't an argument! When I worked in SF, outdoors daily, it'd regularly be foggy when it was in the 60's and 70's. That's absolutely shorts weather!
sandals and socks with a hoodie and shorts. it’s the oregon way.

omfg. i forgot to share this. i was driving to town earlier this week. passed some esteemed elder checking his mail in a bucket hat, yellow polo, fanny pack, jorts, knee high black socks and sandals.

i swooned.

Maturity is not caring what color socks you’re wearing with shorts, I’ve heard.. I have a few non public t shirts from the previous century that are 1 step away from the garage but occasionally I find myself in other than a wally world wearing one.
First world problems.
Or care that formerly good friends want to dress you!

Maturity is not caring what color socks you’re wearing with shorts, I’ve heard.. I have a few non public t shirts from the previous century that are 1 step away from the garage but occasionally I find myself in other than a wally world wearing one.
First world problems.
Or care that formerly good friends want to dress you!
formerly good friends? 😞

Your Florida correspondent here.

From Labor Day to the northbound snowbird migration on Easter, the couture I see is much like the costumes in a Federico Fellini classic film. The retirees seem to put on a blindfold and turn off the light in the closet when they dress for the early bird special.

Camo shorts with Hawaiian print shirts under a crushable hat seem to be a current trend.

IMG_0778.jpeg

I took that photo from my seat in my favorite breakfast spot, The Garden CAfe in San Rafael.

also , I think Germans wear* leather, thin-asembly sandals with socks, while ... the Americans, like the whole northeast wears birkenstocks with socks. Including Oregon apparently!

'* basically I don't get what's the fascination with "germans being the ones wearing sandals". My POV is not quite the same, why can't it be boths?!?!? 😁

-
I took that photo from my seat in my favorite breakfast spot, The Garden CAfe in San Rafael.
yah, the Huie-voz rancheros look like a good size. Not terribly cheap, I bet it's like an SF price or $1-2 cheaper.

Breakfast for lunch, one of my favorite meals options. It's not brunch without the inclusion of alcohol and I got corners to attack.

sandals and socks with a hoodie and shorts. it’s the oregon way.
13a1be8d2281743a7808e2b9ed83ca60.gif

FWIW, my 32 year old nephew who looks like Captain America insists on wearing socks with sandals. It makes his girlfriend batty :LOL:

And here's the thing...Birkenstocks, slides, even Crocs...those ARE NOT sandals.

Back