• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Hmmm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240919_074729_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240919_074729_Gallery.jpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 13
That looks divine AE.

Jason, after the fire PG&E sent a crew out who basically wanted to firewood our place. They cut a 200-year-old oak that had nothing to do with their power line then another conifer that was probably over 50. As if that wasn't horrible enough, they randomly sectioned the big trees so we couldn't even mill them :mad: Now PG&E is not allowed to step foot on this property without one of us on site.

That looks divine AE.

Jason, after the fire PG&E sent a crew out who basically wanted to firewood our place. They cut a 200-year-old oak that had nothing to do with their power line then another conifer that was probably over 50. As if that wasn't horrible enough, they randomly sectioned the big trees so we couldn't even mill them :mad: Now PG&E is not allowed to step foot on this property without one of us on site.
That's b.s. I wonder if you could sue them for the loss of those trees, I'm sure there is value there.

Also up early to move my car so's not to get an 85 dollar parking ticket, no where to move it to, so I bought coffee and parked in a 2 hour spot, gonna try again around 10. Also, I should really get that car in for work before the timing belt explodes.

"up early" = 8am half-asleep-starting your car on the street. aaah sweet sweet times. :laughing

whatchur supposed to do is hang until the carts show up, then circle the block , stay at a fire hydrant, ogle all yer neighborhs doing the same...

when the machine passes, just park, :) ..ask me how I know :rofl

eh I'm sure you know this.

That's b.s. I wonder if you could sue them for the loss of those trees, I'm sure there is value there.
Trouble is how are you gonna prove they're the ones who cut them down? :dunno
Also up early to move my car so's not to get an 85 dollar parking ticket, no where to move it to, so I bought coffee and parked in a 2 hour spot, gonna try again around 10. Also, I should really get that car in for work before the timing belt explodes.
I accidentally got a parking ticket the other day for not paying a meter...$6. I'm so used to SFMTA tickets that I forgot what a reasonable fine looks like. :laughing
"up early" = 8am half-asleep-starting your car on the street. aaah sweet sweet times. :laughing

whatchur supposed to do is hang until the carts show up, then circle the block , stay at a fire hydrant, ogle all yer neighborhs doing the same...

when the machine passes, just park, :) ..ask me how I know :rofl

eh I'm sure you know this.
Jesus...is living in SF worth that much trouble? It's hard enough to find a spot as it is.

I was gonna do mine myself, but then I realized you have to support the engine to get at it and anything that involves getting that close to removing and engine from the car is above my pay grade :laughing so yeah, $$$$. I do think I will save some $$ and do struts / front end bits myself.

Trouble is how are you gonna prove they're the ones who cut them down? :dunno

I accidentally got a parking ticket the other day for not paying a meter...$6. I'm so used to SFMTA tickets that I forgot what a reasonable fine looks like. :laughing

Jesus...is living in SF worth that much trouble? It's hard enough to find a spot as it is.
Well, I could stop being lazy and get my car a parking permit, then I wouldn't have to play this game, but... someday. Scored a spot on my favorite Friday street across from my building. They start the sweeping route there so basically get in the car at noon, circle the block and park right behind the street sweeper as they roll past. Easy peasy.

I should unearth my desk today so's I can start fiddling with all the video footage I have between the Texas ride and Alaska. Might be able to get a few things edited by the end of the year :laughing

My facebook memories today had a post when I was living with my uncle in Hawaii. It was after college and I didn't have much going on with work opportunities. So talking with my parents, we casually pitched the idea of maybe I should go work for my uncle. It was a joke at first until the conversation became more serious when we called him. About a week later, I was on a plane to Oahu. :laughing One thing I hate is when my friends go on vacation to Oahu ask me where to go, what to do. I have to remind them I don't fucking know what to tell you. I was working 6 days of the week painting buildings and home repairs and my day off, I just wanted to stay home, drink some beers and chill the fuck out. One of my days off, I was just driving around the island with no aim in particular. I stopped by a strip club because I don't know, fuck it. I didn't even buy any lap dances or paid much attention. I was watching The Karate Kid one of the TVs. The Mama-san kept bugging me to meet some of the girls and I kept shrugging her off like an annoying fly. :laughing He got mad at me because I was driving the work van, his wife saw it on her way home and got mad at him. He told me next time, please take the Jeep instead. That's also when I learned Oahu is a very small place.

But it was a good experience. My uncle was extremely meticulous about his work so I had to be too. I couldn't get away with cutting corners anywhere (figuratively and literally). Sometimes in my current home I look at things and think "If my uncle saw this and it was my work, he would kick my ass and not allow this." The annoying part of that is he would use stupid names for tools. He'd say shit like, "Joe, pass me the dumaflage." WHAT THE FUCK IS A DUMAFLAGE!? Eventually, I had to learn what he meant for any given tool. :rolleyes

I had a ton of respect for him because he left Oakland in the early 90s because at that time things were... less than okay, especially for a black man. Said DEUCES and moved to Hawaii with a very small plan. Started his own painting business, turned it into a full on general contracting business. Even built his own house in Waipahu.

He died a few years ago. I miss him. I miss my dad too.

Now I haz a sad. :(

Home DeSoto Trip completed, very happy to find out my "compact" CUV (USA term) "car" fits.. 10 feet of 3/4" PVC pipe. :wtf inside 😱😱😱

(I suspect hard limit is
9 or 9.5")

Now to cut it with my mini battery b&d sawsall or with a Leatherman 😀 could do with a Swiss Army knife:D

Back