• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Yep, come to the mountains. I can't quit you.

yes.gif

Finally getting over this sinus infection that got me last Friday. I think I overdid it at work today tho. Feeling somewhat run down.

Finally getting over this sinus infection that got me last Friday. I think I overdid it at work today tho. Feeling somewhat run down.

cheerios. :thumbup

do you think my AC broke? AC-think leaking? The other day I had this hissing sound in the engine bay... sadly I have a new car failure :cry

... and codes are : (without CEL) (I don't think the first two matter for this one)
today I drove it without a/c but with fogged windows.. and I don't think I heard a sound!

Attachments

• refrigerantcodexs.jpg
    refrigerantcodexs.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Compressor or expansion valve might have taken a poop. Could just be a bad sensor too

Sensor is most likely. At least VAG made it so you can change the sensor without discharging the system (if I remember correctly :laughing)

Mr. I!!! Coming to Bay Area :banana

Sensor is most likely. At least VAG made it so you can change the sensor without discharging the system (if I remember correctly :laughing)

But there was a hissing noise from the engine bay

Doesn't that mean that's some hose is broken

I don't even know where the sensor is yet I'll try to find it today
somewhere on the side of the radiator.. apparently maybe sometimes it leaks from there (I had no leaks in the ground, but maybe something accumulated on the under engine protector)

But there was a hissing noise from the engine bay

Doesn't that mean that's some hose is broken

I don't even know where the sensor is yet I'll try to find it today
somewhere on the side of the radiator.. apparently maybe sometimes it leaks from there (I had no leaks in the ground, but maybe something accumulated on the under engine protector)

You may be able to find it more easily if you shoot some refrigerant with UV dye in there and look for leaks with a UV light.

I should probably work on my car at some point, but I'm not sure I wanna be taking valve covers off while parked on the street. Might just do the suspension stuff myself and pay someone to do the timing belt. This is why those houses that have a workshop or a detached garage are always appealing on redfin...

:wow I am unable shoot anything into A/C conduits!!!! :wow :gsxrgrl

--but

found the sensor!
luckily as far as visibility goes it's the black plug on the right side next to the engine and there is a gap to see.

and also there is actually leakage underneath :wow ... dripped exactly on the underbody-shield. (blue arrow, like a small-palm-sized patch) and on the side of the body (red arrow, on the third image)

the sensor is in black with orange arrow. It does look a little tight to unscrew it from the top.. :( and I'm surprised I don't see anything like a 17mm or 24mm? hex-shape to grab it for/with

ABLVV87vuAhc7lVPk8U4R5k0TH0AvqjpOnSqxN8Zh-YUeBiqzkL88bTpCcT_tx4zQmWMrS4RnbAKvPyvrUt20kPMcJqR0vLju8HdRfOrBR2hXogz4o1b4VMLNF5-EmerTe8StQUO11NrIVidqq7dOUeJY0JuMw=w485-h863-s-no

ABLVV87oU0L0nvYQs6gzB2u49FcSayk09SDm6EBr_z_2qslywf9Pl_uhYLN2EiBrnkzPA2ouQ5rGzgL2HjIuXvVxLJWWvFEngUeFs67cYOsWSNbLysbpPS_iYYxxJDV6VnBVl_cdPZfzSUIAphc9jPQlrbQ-Ig=w485-h863-s-no

Attachments

• lekearrows.jpg
    lekearrows.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
That sensor looks hard to get to, maybe you could find where it plugs into the wiring harness and test with a voltmeter before trying to take it off? Also not sure what A/C leakage looks like or if it leaves fluid? Looks like the lines are aluminum so I'd guess any leaking would be from a rubber joint like the one underneath the black plug... I've never worked on A/C so I dunno..

Back