• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Hopefully THAT tremor was just me having :burp indigo

No, indigestion, you stupid Apple !

Also, gold :banana

Last edited:
That sensor looks hard to get to, maybe you could find where it plugs into the wiring harness and test with a voltmeter before trying to take it off? Also not sure what A/C leakage looks like or if it leaves fluid?

yeah, there's definitely leaking (of something), I'm familiar with the black plastic below b/c I take it off from underneath when I do an oil change, that silver rectangular thing is the grommet for a T-25 ; anyway that part looks smudgy/oily while all of the plastic is usually black+brown dusty dirt

now what I'm wondering is if it has been leaking for a while and I don't have enough refrigerant!

I should probably work on my car at some point, but I'm not sure I wanna be taking valve covers off ..
. This is why those houses that have a workshop or a detached garage are always appealing on redfin...

yeah, that looks like it's a job for a garage. (or in theory someone with lots of space)

1.4 1.5M tho for the last ones with a garage... :cry .. but amazingly if you have many people living, lots of sq ft, even more modest people pull it off.

Apparently an earthquake? I didn't feel it.

lol I thought HH would say "not in my neighborhood". I might actually suspect your building is anchored or on rollers so you might've not felt it.

heretetis

Last edited:
That sensor looks hard to get to, maybe you could find where it plugs into the wiring harness and test with a voltmeter before trying to take it off? Also not sure what A/C leakage looks like or if it leaves fluid? Looks like the lines are aluminum so I'd guess any leaking would be from a rubber joint like the one underneath the black plug... I've never worked on A/C so I dunno..

A/C can leave traces of oil. The refrigerant is gaseous, but is mixed with oil that circulates to lubricate the pump.

I don't see any of the arrows in the photos, does anyone else?

the arrows are in the attachment photo (which is #3, the last )
However, I have duplicated the photo with the original content without arrows and that is #2.
(And the first picture has no arrows but I thought the black connector is obvious to show the sensor)

In the meantime I realized I have a picture from 3 months ago from the latest oil change... of the protective shield underneath :wow

the big leak in the middle is either unknown, or A/C or transmission///.. but the spot around the sensor is actually at 1:30-2 o'clock in this picture ...

Attachments

• shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
If that stain is from the A/C system, there probably isn't much refrigerant left in the system. I haven't been following this saga closely; have you tried adding refrigerant? To do so, the you need to find the low pressure fitting (a large Schrader valve) and connect a can of refrigerant to that. The engine needs to be running and the compressor operating to draw the refrigerant in. There may be so little pressure in the system that the compressor will not come on or stay on. If that's the case, you can typically find the pressure sensor and jumper its wires together to fool the compressor into running.

cool tnx ^ I'm writing this down in case I need to refill ... (no, never added.)

--
however the BIG spot at 5-6 o'clock might be .. transmission or engine?! 1) because it falls right under the oil pan/DSG. BUT I check the oil so it's not oil. But I can never ever check the transmission.

The "found" high-pressure sensor falls over the shaded area, up top on the right. Well anyway

Last edited:
Hmmm, possible the line or compressor went kablooey. Would account for the oil stain. Whenever we do a recharge we use oil that has UV dye in it. It fluoresces bright green under a black light. If you've ever had a/c work done they might have done that.

well. that was fun, but inconclusive.... I pulled out a black light :
There are thousands of white spots on this side of the engine in ... green specks and a little bit of white exactly near the fill valve of an AC-line.. Unfortunately this black ambient light didn't reach the bottom to the underbelly shield.. but it's quite an enterprise to take it off just to inspect it

hey perhaps my light wasn't right
ABLVV87zi_LDcXuVyNLNnSa6lEjDu1THraexRucfnAycRdSy6XVUPv2EhTYdD4HxdeNvRxs0s1Z_zqPuuzU10Hadaee1QhT6PkMfT_HOuQKdN6Zgv0OnmGKpoAyIdB9xV0iCT4iwtaPf01pyyRu8UDX9UJXm5A=w501-h891-s-no

ABLVV84sw5zJaf7MQG178Nl7gSsZAS2Ts0nq6nDz_ImbLfs-MlR8kgAWPajDnaJHgEcU6il6P-DGIgxAH7GvHfgh0xTWgpFWvXsxixBmOxhs3M44UridSU50OD1rghhYaodSnK8esN76xztOqCkJpyX5p8f6IQ=w501-h891-s-no

the other side of the engine, the left one. doesn't have as many specs, if any... you can even see the top, the first kink of the manifold / sparkplug, is cleaner on the second picture

I picked up an earth worm from the middle of the street and threw it in my garden

I picked up an earth worm from the middle of the street and threw it in my garden

man after my own heart. :love

I need to fill mine like every 2 days now. So many birds I love it.

hummers are our deal (seed food draws in the bears). we have three of these. they each hold four cups, and we fill them twice each day (three times in summer). sorry for the bad pic (am getting a better camera soon).

Attachments

• E0B7C882-FCD7-4449-98D1-21CC3E175AF5.jpeg
    E0B7C882-FCD7-4449-98D1-21CC3E175AF5.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 28
I guess everyone's out riding motorcycles

The Sun is not even warm yet so I slept in. Gad, the chores; cats, coffee, computer, food, cats again, dishes, more fucking computer, prolly cats again... maybe go for a ride, maybe the Sun will be warm by then.

Back