• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Good morning everyone, here is the super sound of the forums posting,
Tuning in once more in this barren landscape void of notification emails.

So much fun huh? Jealous I’ve never been to Portland. Yeah I saw your new bike on the images thing…you were here to buy it then now you’re there?!? Wack !

I love it ! Https links are something I sometimes watch, too ;)

Oh wait I should probably clink on that link

i was in sf for a week. i went to florida for 2+ weeks for my bday. borrowed nate’s 950 SM for the sunday morning ride on the 4th. then my friend ben sent me the link to the 950 SMR. it was love, instantly. i had the trip to pdx pre planned and am sad to leave the SMR but i’ll be back in two weeks and plan to do the sunday morning ride on the SMR the 25th.

Oh I thought it’s a new bike, but this is basically the used model ? If so I bet it’s a good catch for a good low price…

absoluteenduser it’s a used bike that rides like it’s on rails. i love it.

thesnaf, i rode LVR with nate on NYe and thought of you. i had my first ride in the twisties with you when i was a rank newb.

Norning hoerzeses! That's some tat Chris! :wow
Missed days of banter but congrats TWT!!

Snap! I love seeing you here.

20 people showed up to SuperBowl...at some point I was like "Well I already have too many people so might as well say yes to more".

18 of them I knew well, one was a girl invited by another friend, but I knew her as well, and one lady brought her current "meat"...the guy was an absolute unit, like 6'4" tall, huge arms, built like a lean tank.

Absolute great party, tons of food, drinks, no madness, and we made room on the floor (had a friend bring 4 floor sitting pillows).

Sitting here winding myself that I'm not going to be able to change tie rods by myself, much less properly diagnose everything if anything else in the steering column is a miss.

Have only 10 business days before I need the car every day. Judging by the way my last parts order came, that will be mostly eaten by the shipping time...

Speaking of which I got an oil filter from RockAuto that had a damaged thread :wow I was even OEM but the thread was like melted at the start:wow

I've done tie rods and ball joints on my old jetta, hard, but not tricky, just a lot of wrenching.

Morning nerds, it's SF beer week but I'm not having any beer today, body could use a break I think. Going to the Murakami exhibit at the Asian Art Museum to catch it before it closes. Maybe a walk after that to enjoy the nice weather before our next bout of rain.

I've done tie rods and ball joints on my old jetta, hard, but not tricky, just a lot of wrenching.

Morning nerds, it's SF beer week but I'm not having any beer today, body could use a break I think. Going to the Murakami exhibit at the Asian Art Museum to catch it before it closes. Maybe a walk after that to enjoy the nice weather before our next bout of rain.

Solid decisions on yer part, I think!

I actually don't know anything about the murakami dude.
All the Murakamis are Harukis to me . And also on a wild sheep chase... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wild_Sheep_Chase

Last edited:
Murakami show was pretty cool, and I've never been to the Asian Art Museum either, impressive space, I'll have to go back and we ran out of gas well before we'd had time to see even most of their collection.

Also haven't had any beer today, just lots of water and of course, coffee. Was tempted to go to Toronado though, Monday on beer week is basically all their favorite beers and I think they provide pizza or something.

How many hours is a tattoo of that size? Does it hurt?

Tattoos hurt :laughing
You're getting poked with a tiny needle (or array of needles) thousands of times a minute for hours at a time. Some areas definitely hurt more than others. The shin area was pretty painful, but the meatier part of my leg was much more tolerable.

This one took about 4-4.5 hours total.

I knew you'd make that reference. :twofinger

Too bad you couldn't try their other offerings!

Damn I'm too predictable. It was at a BBQ place so they only had one kind of that beer and some other domestic beers like Bud and Corona.

I will certainly seek it out next time I'm there.

Back