• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Or he could remove the line to the left of the one he needs to take off and have room to get the bulkiest wrench he owns on there.

Wise words from my first aircraft maintenance instructor back in the day...

"Unless you want to make more work and trouble for yourself than is necessary, never remove or otherwise uninstall anything on the bird that you don't absolutely need to and always use the correct tool for the job."

I get the feeling that Absolut isn't a mechanic by trade so taking off additional lines/parts may end up making things worse since he may not know what it's for or what he's doing. Replacing a sensor is usually pretty straight forward, though.

Wise words from my first aircraft maintenance instructor back in the day...

"Unless you want to make more work and trouble for yourself than is necessary, never remove or otherwise uninstall anything on the bird that you don't absolutely need to and always use the correct tool for the job."

He probably didn’t work on European cars. :laughing

Monday. It is!

Wise words ...
I get the feeling that Absolut isn't a mechanic by trade so taking off additional lines/parts may end up making things worse since he may not know what it's for or what he's doing. Replacing a sensor is usually pretty straight forward, though.

Feeling = correct :laughing

He probably didn’t work on European cars. :laughing

Working on European cars is an exercise in stylishness and stoicism:twofinger :laughing

A little repair&M on the side !

Last edited:
Google "Flair nut wrench". Harbor Freight, and Amazon both carry them. Maybe help?

Should probably try "flare nut wrench" ;)

I'm at a body shop right now. My wife hit a post while leaving Starbucks the other day. Our insurance requires us to get an estimate from one of their contracted body shops instead of just using an estimate submitted by whatever shop I want to use. Such a bullshit process, especially since I know for a fact that the shop I'm going to use actually does high quality work :rolleyes

Google "Flair nut wrench". Harbor Freight, and Amazon both carry them. Maybe help?

Should probably try "flare nut wrench" ;)

No, I totally googled...THE Flair and got... Jennifer Aniston :banana

(No I didn't. Google by now gives you the correct wrenching results even if you mess up the spelling)

'bobl' , these wrenches actually exist on hand at the auto parts store and I saw them over the weekend --but they cannot be used because you cannot "go over" the nut from the top . You cannot slide the wrench on ...just saying

I'm at a body shop right now. My wife hit a post while leaving Starbucks the other day. Our insurance requires us to get an estimate from one of their contracted body shops instead of just using an estimate submitted by whatever shop I want to use. Such a bullshit process, especially since I know for a fact that the shop I'm going to use actually does high quality work :rolleyes

Some tit for tat going on between insurance and body shops, no?!?????!?!!!!!?

Last edited:
A little repair&M on the side !

Sounds about right :laughing

Windy wet morning in SF. Looks like someones illegally dumped trash got opened up and now market street is covered with wet trash. Just SF things. Buddy of mine just got back from Japan and he's adjusting to how much trash is strewn about here versus Japans complete lack of it.

Working on European cars requires removing everything :laughing

Sure does. To replace the steering rack on a Volvo requires supporting the engine from the top, disconnecting the engine mounts and dropping the sub frame. :laughing

I'm sure that's not unique to Volvo...

Sure does. To replace the steering rack on a Volvo requires supporting the engine from the top, disconnecting the engine mounts and dropping the sub frame. :laughing

I'm sure that's not unique to Volvo...

Pretty sure it's similar for a VW, sadly

Sounds about right :laughing

Windy wet morning in SF. Looks like someones illegally dumped trash got opened up and now market street is covered with wet trash. Just SF things. Buddy of mine just got back from Japan and he's adjusting to how much trash is strewn about here versus Japans complete lack of it.

I avoided seeing that trash bc I was underground:) and it was behind me to when the train popped out of the tunnel. :)

But I did cross "UN square" twice and patronized Ariscsult :dunno also just to check how bad the square would be.
It wasn't ...bad. but more like sad empty and forlorn. Just like the damn apartment building with a closed grocery store across from it :dunno. There was just nobody there. You cannot expect the place to be lively and clean when there are simply no people there...

Last edited:
When I helped my brother do ball joints on his 90s Chevy Blazer we had to drill out the mounting points as they, for whatever reason, had peened the bottom bolts for... reasons? That was a pain in the ass.

Ain't no one anywhere today, lots of places are closed for the holiday and the weather sucks.

Last edited:
So we have FlexPTO which means we don't get any holidays off automatically, we're all working today, but we can take the day off if we like by requesting it. Sucks because I can't see myself requesting President's Day off, but virtually everyone takes Christmas, Thanksgiving, NY, 4th of July etc.

I'm taking 2 days to go to Vegas next month so it's not like I feel that I'm being denied PTO, but wouldn't have minded a free day off today.

Does the amount of PTO work out to cover the days most companies would give off for recognized holidays or is this a sneaky way of giving less PTO?

It's a way of never having a PTO balance on the books that they need to payoff. I personally somewhat prefer a clear "you have this may days off, this many can be banked" but since I don't have a choice, I actually end up with MORE days off that I normally work. I take 2 weeks at New Years/Christmas, 10 days to go to Canada in the summer, and whatever other days off here and there I want or need.

I have a good relationship with my supervisors and have never been told no, also nobody really keeps track unless they notice you're always on vacation.

Ah ok, that sounds like a decent option then. Slowly working my way back to having a job and I am gonna miss just being able to take off on a ride and decide on the way how long I want to be away.

So we have FlexPTO which means we don't get any holidays off automatically, we're all working today, but we can take the day off if we like by requesting it. Sucks because I can't see myself requesting President's Day off, but virtually everyone takes Christmas, Thanksgiving, NY, 4th of July etc.

I'm taking 2 days to go to Vegas next month so it's not like I feel that I'm being denied PTO, but wouldn't have minded a free day off today.

i dont understand why you can't see yourself taking a holiday off, errr, a day when many other people aren't working. ?
But the "T" autoshop I visited today... was working.

..., had peened the bottom bolts for... reasons? That was a pain in the ass.

Ain't no one anywhere today, lots of places are closed for the holiday and the weather sucks.

was already out, trying to get out again.
sadly I was waiting at the bus stop and this old (azn) lady came up and said "you can't wait on the bus stop... across... there is this stinky guy sitting there, he's been there for three days. And he's peeeing".

And then the longhaired stinky guy across pulled out a penor appendage and expelled pee forward on the sidewalk and curb from his stop.
"just SF things". :dunno
(I wonder if I should have posted that. )

Last edited:
Back