• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

All the zombies are in bayview or the tenderloin, they don't walk up hills so good.

Glad you enjoyed the show and didn't wash away, I think rain seemed heaviest in the early evening from 4 - 6 or so.

Not raining this morning like I was expecting, but looks like it'll be back soon enough. Good day to be irresponsible and get another tattoo since a notable shop nearby is having a flash day today. Gonna go peruse the options at least and see if there is anything that looks fun.

Haven't been able to access the TV room with DVR as the kitchen floor gets underfloor heating to be followed by tile Monday.

So will go out there via the garage later and catch up on all the F1 I've missed.

No spoilers please! :laughing

I do make snarky comments BL. Sorry about that.

However the ermahgerd it's not Happening in my neighborhood that was posted like five times by one other person, once by AgentO and m..once by you, got me in the heat of the moment. :) I shall learn that it should not get me! Sorry.

Rain was pretty bad for me yesterday, and has the potential that it will make for a crappy Tuesday...:thumbdown

--

And now - coffee

All good man. Was just kind of hoping for snow to be honest and was a little bummed when I work up to yet another lame STORMAGEDDON that failed to impress. I know, I should be thankful it wasn't like two years ago when half my trees broken from the heavy snow.

You're not wrong, but if it keeps bay area Tesla dipshits from piling up on 80 because fReSH PowDEr, I'm somewhat ok with it.

This is a very good point.

Kinda sounds like maybe things are getting spicy at higher elevations. 190mph gusts and stuff.

All good man. Was just kind of hoping for snow to be honest and was a little bummed when I work up to yet another lame STORMAGEDDON that failed to impress. I know, I should be thankful it wasn't like two years ago when half my trees broken from the heavy snow.

Seems to depend on where you are. Last night at the Sierra Snow Lab, accumulation was about 3" per hour.

I-80 was and is closed due to spinouts, which says more about how many inept drivers are out than how many inches of snow are on the ground, I suppose.

88 is closed due to snow, as it does when they get about 8" on the ground. It'll stay closed until it stops snowing and they can blast the hillside and clear the debris.

Over where our cabin is, they have doubled the snow on the ground in the last 36 hours. We're in the rain shadow, so the accumulation isn't as much, but the % increase is indicative.

Some areas recorded gusts up to 149 MPH and even here in P-town, the wind blew hard.

The Sierra Avalanche Center is forecasting high avalanche danger at all aspects and elevations, with up to D3 size avalanches probable: https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/forecasts/#/central-sierra-nevada

I think it snowed last night.

It was pretty tough here last night. Big winds.
Today hoping to get some stuff done. ✔️ envy Gaj his heated floor.

I was wondering how things went on the water, if it was shaking my car in SF I can only imagine all the moving and shaking.

Got my tattoo slot, busier than I expected so I'm not scheduled until 6pm.

Snow is finally sticking on Cobb. Last night sucked with very high winds. I could hear trees going down on the slope behind our house. As long as we have power, I will be okay. I just don't want to go through losing all of our food again. The last storm took a huge hit on our food budget for the year. Methinks I am going to need to leave the mountain sooner than later.

We lost power from just before 10pm last night to about 1:30pm today. Pretty impressive considering the number of outages.

Is it snowing where you are byke?

You got a phone yet?

Sort of, using the phone I use for navigation, it's got data so I can use my old google voice number. Should have my actual phone back next week I hope, then I'll be able to reactivate my main number. Unintentional mini digital detox of sorts I guess :laughing

Is it snowing where you are byke?

Wunderground was showing like 4ft of snow over 3-5 days and we should have more than half of that by now, but we have ~4in. Total dud so far.

Last edited:
..Which is ironic considering some of the random shit you complain about. "The artwork on my latte was slightly off center."

Lol, I never post that. :laughing but if I Did, that means my joke got you :laughing :twofinger (might've been an anti-triple post :dunno)

-

helped a friend move. They had IKEA supports drilled into beams . Based on "slats" the beams are... 1920s-30s wood. She couldn't undo the screws with her A/C powered Dewalt ... drill. :laughing

I suggested it needs the impact driver... so I came back with my Black & Decker ...battery but.. impact-driver and .. Undid them. :thumbup The point is, many people said to throw the B&D away but... it still works.

-

she got me a coffee, the artwork was non-existent. :laughing

--

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/80-blizzard-closure-tahoe-donner-18700194.php

Chevy "Tahoe" SUVs stuck in the snow, I-80 closed... 190 mph gust. :wow

Last edited:
i am a happy camper! went to the timbuk2 store in hayes valley to buy a new brace strap for my messenger bag. i stepped on and destroyed the buckle on the one i had. i was informed they **repair** them for $0.

how rad to not have to throw it away! plus the man working there was so friendly and helpful. i wrote in to hq to tell them as much.

I remember when they had a store South of market. Think it was Timbuk2. :dunno

I hate reconciling credit cards when you have 4 people using them and no one is good about turning in receipts. Why I oughta :shakesfist :mad :rant

Back