• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

That too, but it's a little known fact that spanking cats is a very effective behavioral training tool. They fall right in line.

oh THIS Fking SUCKS! so I go to a shop in Brkly, they replace the steering rack, tie rods and control arms, for fkin thousands of dollars ..

... and I just noticed that the underbody shield is not attached properly. The teeth on the front are not hooked up correctly (intermeshed) and it's flappy.

FML. WTF, WHY!??!?

in all this dirt and rain... for $$$$ :mad

they also hadn't cleared some codes, headlight adjustment and brakes/"Power steering control module"

-------
i am a happy camper! went to the timbuk2 store in hayes valley to buy a new brace strap for my messenger bag. i stepped on and destroyed the buckle on the one i had. i was informed they **repair** them for $0.

that's pretty awesome, I might get some reflectors for the bag someday there, then. they're broken.

mine is pretty old though, not sure. :dunno

Last edited:
oh THIS Fking SUCKS! so I go to a shop in Brkly, they replace the steering rack, tie rods and control arms on my VAG, for fkin thousands of dollars ..

... and I just noticed that the underbody shield is not attached properly. The teeth on the front are not hooked up correctly (intermeshed) and it's flappy.

FML. WTF, WHY!??!?

in all this dirt and rain... for $$$$ :mad

they also hadn't cleared some codes, headlight adjustment and brakes/"Power steering control module"

-------

that's pretty awesome, I might get some reflectors for the bag someday there, then. they're broken.

mine is pretty old though, not sure. :dunno

That lack of attention to detail drives me crazy and I'm always on my guys about it.

Another tattoo, moms gonna be disappointed.

AP1GczNNuf0ER2c_6FfuKYMCiFRkkoVxS1-QcWEUANcj4xEhW2Hk5g0TgLQ8vfmQkriBZL_fjBgUPrac08eUDFctkyeBggvySgIP6yo8xxY-nK0vzoyCj4PhlOPgpBAW0LQo-yTzoKOSRXrKt0x2odioscA9wg=w845-no-gm

I've never spanked the cat, but, the cat has spanked me.

As for the car, that's definitely a go back. They need to clean the under carriage and clear those codes, and those codes need to stay cleared or it's small claims court time as that is a failed job.

The fact that I play decent pool with friends and worse pool with strangers certainly demonstrates that it's mostly in your head, and I clearly don't have mastery of my head

Gosh, it’s 5:45 AM and I’m awake.

That lack of attention to detail drives me crazy and I'm always on my guys about it.

Not sure how common it is, but I’ve experienced it too, and apart from cost, it’s one of the reasons I prefer to do my own work.

We recently made an exception and sent our son’s Volvo to have its steering rack replaced. It was there for a month. When we got it back, I picked it up after hours and drove home. A block away from the place, it suddenly lost power while I was accelerating. There was also an unusual level of noise from the engine compartment.

Once home, I opened the hood and found the turbo intercooler disconnected. The next day, I test drove it and while the power was normal, the noise and engine smells in the car were not. Found the boot that should seal the steering shaft at the firewall was hanging loose on the shaft.

Makes you wonder what else they didn’t put back or tighten that might not be causing symptoms yet.

That’s a lot of problems with the Volvo with the work on it!

Even if I could support a subframe at home (if I manage to learn how to) there’s no way I am replacing or how to replace a steering rack. On top of all they pulled the “the dealer sent us a new rack with a new harness, here is the increased price for the harness and labor “.. so…lots of intricacies.

All in all however…too much $$$$ for, as you say “how could they leave this or that unchecked and unconnected, makes you wonder…“

Last edited:
Not sure how common it is, but I’ve experienced it too, and apart from cost, it’s one of the reasons I prefer to do my own work.

We recently made an exception and sent our son’s Volvo to have its steering rack replaced. It was there for a month. When we got it back, I picked it up after hours and drove home. A block away from the place, it suddenly lost power while I was accelerating. There was also an unusual level of noise from the engine compartment.

Once home, I opened the hood and found the turbo intercooler disconnected. The next day, I test drove it and while the power was normal, the noise and engine smells in the car were not. Found the boot that should seal the steering shaft at the firewall was hanging loose on the shaft.

Makes you wonder what else they didn’t put back or tighten that might not be causing symptoms yet.

That's unacceptable. Either the car wasn't test driven before being handed off to you, or they just plain didn't care. Either way, the technician failed at their job.

Back