• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Nod

Morning! It’s coffee time!

BLIZZARD WARNING. DO NOT DRIVE. DO NT GO OUTSIDE. DO NOT BREATHE.

My God, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do up here with this 0.0000000001 inches of snow we got last night.

At some point, the public is going to realize this is all sensationalism.

IDK.... Just looking at some ski resort live cams and visibility is currently shit

But it's not happening in ...my neighborhood :)

-

Hi Greg.

Nice to see you posting on weekends!

---

The weather sitch changes every 1/2 say I think they're having trouble being perfect

IDK.... Just looking at some ski resort live cams and visibility is currently shit

Yeah I get that. But this year has been ridiculous. This is like the fourth "OH my God, don't drive, don't leave the house" storm that has completely underwhelmed this year. According to the weather reports, we were supposed to get 10 inches of snow last night. We got about 1 MM.

Even watching the news, I can't help but chuckle. They have this chart. They talk about the massive amount of rain and snow. Blizzard conditions. Meteorologist said it would be dangerous to even walk outside. Then they go down the chart and say "Windy. But not that windy." "Ponding but no flooding".

The ground up here is saturated. Our pond is full. If they aren't predicting flooding and wind damage, it aint a major storm up here.

But it's not happening in ...my neighborhood :)

-

Hi Greg.

Nice to see you posting on weekends!

---

The weather sitch changes every 1/2 say I think they're having trouble being perfect

Shouldn't you be posting about some lady cutting you off in the crosswalk or some other random train of thought?

Random train of thought?

-

What is this thread about?

--

I can't post about a car trying to run me over in a crosswalk?

--

Lol sorry boss

BLIZZARD WARNING. DO NOT DRIVE. DO NT GO OUTSIDE. DO NOT BREATHE.

My God, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do up here with this 0.0000000001 inches of snow we got last night.

At some point, the public is going to realize this is all sensationalism.

Placerville is on the cusp as for snow, maybe drive up to Pollack Pines for snow.

Currently snowing in Truckee and traffic is light. (Camera's up on Moody's, but not rotating.)

Attachments

• Truckee.jpg
    Truckee.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19
Random train of thought?

-

What is this thread about?

--

I can't post about a car trying to run me over in a crosswalk?

--

Lol sorry boss

You absolutely can. And so can I. But you have this habit of making snarky comments like "But it's not happening.... in my neighborhood." Which is ironic considering some of the random shit you complain about. "The artwork on my latte was slightly off center."

Placerville is on the cusp as for snow, maybe drive up to Pollack Pines for snow.

Currently snowing in Truckee and traffic is light. (Camera's up on Moody's, but not rotating.)

I'm halfway between Placerville and Pollock. My God that photo of Truckee, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. That must be like 1-2 feet of fresh snow. How will they ever dig themselves out?

The winds seem super nasty up there. 100+ mph is freaky. It’s been oddly windy over this way as well. The kind where you can hear the gust approaching for several seconds before it hits.

I do make snarky comments BL. Sorry about that.

However the ermahgerd it's not Happening in my neighborhood that was posted like five times by one other person, once by AgentO and m..once by you, got me in the heat of the moment. :) I shall learn that it should not get me! Sorry.

Rain was pretty bad for me yesterday, and has the potential that it will make for a crappy Tuesday...:thumbdown

--

And now - coffee

I will admit it was rather windy last night. My cousin Markleeville said it was crazy windy up there. I'm not saying this isn't a good storm. I'm just saying that the news has turned storm season into "ARMAGEDDON 2024".

Yeah I get that. But this year has been ridiculous. This is like the fourth "OH my God, don't drive, don't leave the house" storm that has completely underwhelmed this year. According to the weather reports, we were supposed to get 10 inches of snow last night. We got about 1 MM.

Even watching the news, I can't help but chuckle. They have this chart. They talk about the massive amount of rain and snow. Blizzard conditions. Meteorologist said it would be dangerous to even walk outside. Then they go down the chart and say "Windy. But not that windy." "Ponding but no flooding".

The ground up here is saturated. Our pond is full. If they aren't predicting flooding and wind damage, it aint a major storm up here.

Shouldn't you be posting about some lady cutting you off in the crosswalk or some other random train of thought?

You're not wrong, but if it keeps bay area Tesla dipshits from piling up on 80 because fReSH PowDEr, I'm somewhat ok with it.

I agree that the rain was pretty intense in SF, couple points driving home where it was completely overwhelming my windshield wipers and kinda felt like someone was just dumping swimming pools of water off the roof tops. That plus the wind rocking my car, I could see that being crazy in the hills had the snow materialized. I wonder if most of the water got dropped in the bay area before it made it up there.

The drive into SF last night for the Mountain Goats show at Grace Cathedral was a wee bit harrowing but worth it.

Great show, great venue.

Parked across the street at the Masonic, sister in law prepaid parking at the Masonic across the street which is a cramped multi level underground parking garage that is often a royal PITA to get out of ax the endless line spewing carbon monoxide inches along.

By prepaying though we walked past dozens of folks waiting to pay at the two machines and got home by midnight so definitely pre paying in future.

SF was not the zombie apocalypse at all last night as the media would have you believe, of course.

Amazingly no accidents to slow us down getting to SF or leaving despite some minor hydroplane incidents and a minority driving way too fast for conditions.

All the zombies are in bayview or the tenderloin, they don't walk up hills so good.

Glad you enjoyed the show and didn't wash away, I think rain seemed heaviest in the early evening from 4 - 6 or so.

Not raining this morning like I was expecting, but looks like it'll be back soon enough. Good day to be irresponsible and get another tattoo since a notable shop nearby is having a flash day today. Gonna go peruse the options at least and see if there is anything that looks fun.

Winds were gnarly last night!

I love it when 80 is closed. No mcd's trash and piss bottles on the ground at the exits is nice.

Back