• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I might be able to help if you're in a bind. I'd have to tinker on it, but that stuff is fun to me, and you'd also have to drive a ways(Roseville?). I'm sure you'll find something closer, but maybe keep it in your back pocket just in case.

I have an old Compaq Computer, but I'm told the power supply is fried and unavailable.

If it's an old laptop with internal power supply, that gets more complicated, but if it's an old desktop, I'm sure you could fix it, as long as it's just the power supply. I don't know how much time and money you want to spend on an old computer, but maybe worth it if it's all setup how you like.

Been a long time since I’ve been in a hospital cafeteria. Very pleasantly surprised at the quality and pricing. Very very reasonable. Most sandwiches are $5 with hamburgers or a French dip for $6.5

Wow. My old XP notebook is still out there somewhere. Probably working too. I bet I was storing my Amazon purchases music at the time on it.

It must be a strange program however, bc they usually run on windows 7...

Been a long time since I’ve been in a hospital cafeteria. Very pleasantly surprised at the quality and pricing. Very very reasonable. Most sandwiches are $5 with hamburgers or a French dip for $6.5

Meanwhile super duper burger special with blue cheese is $12 before tax SF healthy and tip....nor fries. FML!

Last edited:
Feels like we’re even pricier here in Seattle area. Groceries and restaurants are insane

remember going to the California Department of Public Health cafeteria on the 7th floor of the building at Shattuck and Hearst in Berkeley when my mom worked there.

Okay the day is waning...man...still sooo.mich to do... slowly but trudgingly

Last edited:
I'm feeling a little weird.

I'm trying to table this with my mom... She understands her sons will never ever play well with each other. I get frustrated because he is such a terrible person. The burden feels like it's on me and I hate that. Why should I feel bad for being the good son? Mom wants us to come together. I feel like I'm the only person who decides how this goes. Why? Because my mom would never choose between her two sons and I would never ask her to do that.d

Mom was telling of her hope that the 3 of could come together. That will not be happening because my brother is not a good person and any time spent with him is not just wasted but time spent doing something more positive.

Listening to this song sparked memory. The Beatles - Come Together I was listening the whole time but I told her, the Michael Jackson version of that song is so much better.

Fite me

[youtube]ubR9cXWkXv8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Cafeteria at my office is pretty good. A nice salad is around $10 which is a deal in that part of the bay.

at the place in san bruno and bacon?

Yes, I wanted the burrito from the grocery store on the corner, but a 5am start and all day driving a van meant... lets just say there wasn't gonna be room for a burrito. Next time. Also Bayview and Portola are pretty sweet, wish I could afford to live there. It's all houses with garages and stuff.

I always liked MJ’s version of that song.
Good morning hoerzeses!
Plans anyone?

Morning, up early and back to work after a long day yesterday, coffee will be important.

Coffee and kitty and Joy. All the girls are in bed this morning.

Yes, I wanted the burrito from the grocery store on the corner, but a 5am start and all day driving a van meant... lets just say there wasn't gonna be room for a burrito. Next time. Also Bayview and Portola are pretty sweet, wish I could afford to live there. It's all houses with garages and stuff.

i lived in the portola for a decade. it was sweet but my particular street got a bit rougher while i was there. good luck with work today.

i’m off to kaiser to get lab work done. (standard issue liver function, a1c, and other exciting stuff.)

I'm feeling a little weird.

Our brothers seem similar (in that they're pieces of shit). I haven't talked to him in well over twenty years and I'm super cool with that.

Let your mom talk about reconciliation and group hugs the same way you might let someone talk about their hobby you have no interest in. Nod occasionally and agree in principal that it would be a good thing if everyone was on the same page. :dunno

I might not be the best person to listen to about this as I have a very easy time scraping the occasional piece of shit off my shoe of life.

Back