• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I'm feeling a little weird.

I'm trying to table this with my mom... She understands her sons will never ever play well with each other. I get frustrated because he is such a terrible person. The burden feels like it's on me and I hate that. Why should I feel bad for being the good son? Mom wants us to come together. I feel like I'm the only person who decides how this goes. Why? Because my mom would never choose between her two sons and I would never ask her to do that.d

Mom was telling of her hope that the 3 of could come together. That will not be happening because my brother is not a good person and any time spent with him is not just wasted but time spent doing something more positive.

Listening to this song sparked memory. The Beatles - Come Together I was listening the whole time but I told her, the Michael Jackson version of that song is so much better.

Fite me

[youtube]ubR9cXWkXv8[/youtube]

Sometimes you have to compromise if you want to make your mom happy. I know you have history with your brother. And it doesn't mean you have to make amends. But being in the same place at the same time can make your mom happy and won't be the end of the world.

I am so tired. Beyond tired.

You see, on Sunday I lost my dog up in the national forest in the snow. He went after a deer and got lost. I spent the rest of Sunday hiking around (and snowshoeing) in the snow trying to track and find him. I didn't.

I spent all day Monday doing the same thing. I hiked over 7 miles through the snow, down ravines, over ridges, etc. on Monday. I eventually did find him thanks to a few really good people, his Fi collar, and sheer luck. But it was stressful.

I almost gave up for the day. I had gone home and gotten my ATV, driven it back to where I knew he was hanging out and laid out a bunch of dirty clothes and sheets, some food, a couple of game cameras, and started cooking bacon on my camp stove. Somebody saw him up at their house (a very remote house off grid in the middle of fucking nowhere) and pushed him down the hill to me.

The thing is, he was running scared and went into wild dog mode. I had seen him twice on Sunday and both times he ran away from me. But this time I just stood quietly and when he ran by me on the fire road, I called his name (Fox) and his hackles went up and he almost took off. I then very calmly called his nickname (Boopie) and his head turned. He slowly approached me and then recognized me. He was so happy to see me he couldn't contain himself. I fed him some bacon, packed all of my gear back up, and rode the two miles out to my truck with him leashed and running next to me.

We are both completely exhausted. I was sore and tired yesterday and very dehydrated. Today I am less sore but more tired. I also was so busy tracking him and stressed I didn't eat for two days. Literally the only thing I had in two days was a bagel each morning.

But he's home. And he's safe.

Here is him about ten minutes before he ran off after the deer.

431322766_10161378739427436_7947579210535937594_n.jpg

Wow, BL. My dog hasn't run off like that, but it's a possibility when I try to give him freedom in the mountains. I can imagine vividly what that felt like.

Oh holy hell Michael!! I can imagine the sick pit in your stomach. So glad he's home.

I am so tired. Beyond tired.

You see, on Sunday I lost my dog up in the national forest in the snow.

Congratulations; beyond stressful.

I get antsy if I can't find one our three house cats inside the house.

I didn't add to your fb post but I was following it. Fuckin stoked that you found your doggie, man.
Not gonna lie I was worried for a bit.

So so glad you got your good boy back!

Good luck on the bloodwork, TWT

Kuro, with Kevin on this. Have one of "those" uncles and once my family cut ties, my grandma kept saying we needed to forgive (ignore) because FAMILY. F to the No In the end, you build your family around you, blood or not

Final walkthru of the house at 11:00. Still on track to close tomorrow. Now to manage packing and moving around surgery - at least we have until April 30th

Final walkthru of the house at 11:00. Still on track to close tomorrow. Now to manage packing and moving around surgery - at least we have until April 30th

Exciting.

On day 12 of a remodel to eliminate washer/dryer in the garage and move it to a "dead space" entry hall from the kitchen inside.

Can't wait for it to be done.

Ripped up the wood floor in the kitchen, (not a great idea if you actually use the kitchen as the floor wears out quickly), and the underfloor heat is down and tile over it is about half done. Stuck using only the front half of the house.

Not as exciting as looking forward to a new house but close.

Same contractor had done three remodels here since 1985 so he knows the place like the back of his hand. This is the fourth.

1. Turned workroom in front of garage into TV Room/added wood deck to yard. 1980s.
2. Added sunroom to kitchen/major remodel of 1950s kitchen into modern. 1990s.
3. Added master bath/walking closet to master bedroom. Couple of years ago before Covid.
4. Current remodel.

I think we're done remodeling finally! :laughing

I think we're done remodeling finally! :laughing

If things go well I may get around to throwing a new tarp over the boat this week :(

I am trying not to be jealous but definitely envy you both.

When I grow up I want a shop like yours!

GAJ, been lurking and checking out the process. Going to have a few projects as well. Need to convert part of the laundry room/entry from the garage into pantry storage

Ran across an "interesting" car show on YouTube while looking for episodes of "Everyday Driver."
He talked me out of the idle thought of getting a GR86 or BRZ as he found the engineering decisions "iffy" unlike my 30 year old Miata or my wife's CX5.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCarCareNut/videos

Where was that? There's a wall o' video clips. Which one(s)?

Hope you do realize he's a Toyota/Lexus mechanic. The twins are a Subaru/Toyota hybrid.
Can you show me where he touches a Mazda in a bad place?

10 years and 97k, I've had a completely positive ownership experience.

hi

-

Also

Why did this dumwit mover driver went to stop #7 when we explicitly said "now, go to #6"?? :mad

(Man, what an ordeal, not eating for two days and wild dog mode
)

...his Fi collar...

Here is him about ten minutes before he ran off after the deer.

431322766_10161378739427436_7947579210535937594_n.jpg

First of all, wonderful to hear that you got him back safe! Secondly, you mentioned he had a Fi collar and I'm curious if that helped much at all with tracking him? I've been thinking about getting one for Jack and I'm wondering if the hype is truly warranted on them. Do they track in real time?

took cat to vet to get vaccines, he's at least 14YO and starting to do old cat things. but He's happy to be home and chasing the orange cat away from the house.
glad to hear lost doggies got home

First of all, wonderful to hear that you got him back safe! Secondly, you mentioned he had a Fi collar and I'm curious if that helped much at all with tracking him? I've been thinking about getting one for Jack and I'm wondering if the hype is truly warranted on them. Do they track in real time?

Thanks Jason. The Fi collar is pretty good depending. It doesn't do "real time" but it's pretty close. It also uses cell signal so only works where there is a signal. The day he got lost, he went down into a ravine and there was nothing. I had hit the lost dog mode, but got nothing because there was no signal.

Monday was a different story. I had gone back into where I lost him and got a ping from Fi saying he was on the ridge about a mile away. I made my way out there and was able to track him with Fi. I found his tracks and was following those, but they went back down into a ravine. Then Fi piged again and he was back up on the trail about a half mile behind me. The little fucker circled back around me. Fi kept pinging me with updates and I eventually caught up to him and saw him. It pinged a few more times and I was able to track him by following his tracks (and Fi's location) but eventually the battery died. By that time, I knew he was kind of hanging out in one area and could focus my efforts there.

Without Fi, I don't think I would have been in the right area at all. And if I was, I probably wouldn't have known. But, it depends on cell service. Further out, no it would not have worked. Where we were it was spotty but ended up working.

I would totally recommend it if you don't want to spend the cash on a Garmin collar, which uses satellite, and cell service is pretty good in your area. If that isn't the case, then I would save up and buy a Garmin.

The Lost dog mode is pretty damn close to real time. I could see when I was catching up to him and when it showed me on top of his location, there he was about 50 feet in front of me.

Back