• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Just saw that the insurance policy for the building I live in more than doubled. I hear Reno is nice and still somewhat affordable...

YOWZA.

If not for Jules' need to be a party mammal I would say Oregon is nice.

Yeah I think we both need a little urbanity. Not like I could actually manage a move right now anyway, but something tells me the bay area will reject me like a bad kidney transplant at some point.

In the last few years our homeowners went from $180 to $250 to $515 and now $565. My buddy in Auburn is paying something like $13l/yr, though his house is worth maybe 1.4x.

OTOH ours is $1700 yr, combined.. * I think it has increased this year compared to last but with tens of percents, not hundreds.

* now that you put it that way "its" high.

-

also, a homeless (? **) dude threw an metal soda can right in front of my car in front of Cosco today. I avoided it like a boss..

giphy.gif

** could've been any young unshaven hippie or other D/Add

Just got a call from an old acquaintance I haven't spoken to in years didn't feel like answering of course he left a VM to call him. If I haven't spoken to someone in years I usually try a text message first to re-establish communication. I have nothing against him so I'll probably call back.

What is the "combined" part?

I included the s.c. “Renters' insurance"; that part has increased more percent wise, in the last year. I think in Nate’s case he didn’t include it in his post; and for your house, it’s probably included

My horse headbutted me yesterday, right in my temple. Fuck it hurts and I feel stupid today. Yesterday I went full on Popeye, and everything was larger through my left eye than my right. Weird feeling for sure. Today I just have a headache and feel drained.

If your head is feeling warm+headache, it might be a mild concussion, indeed! But I think the doctors will say it’s not “real” if you haven’t vomited

Last edited:
I'm more text than call myself, but it depends on the circumstances, I'm pretty sure I'd leave a bit more detail in a voicemail, particularly with someone I hadn't spoken too in a while.

Oh yeah, not even talking homeowners insurance, this is just the insurance the HOA pays to cover the common area of the building and any liability the HOA might incur. It'll probably add about $600 a year in additional HOA dues.

Last edited:
Just got a call from an old acquaintance I haven't spoken to in years didn't feel like answering of course he left a VM to call him. If I haven't spoken to someone in years I usually try a text message first to re-establish communication. I have nothing against him so I'll probably call back.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for letting us know.

:laughing

it's okay, since he's not complaining his latte art is not centered!

He called the wrong Jordan. Now he wants to catch up since he lives in Oakland.

didja give him brownie points for at least not spelling it.. JORDON?~!?!?!

or JORDEN

I apologize for not meeting your interest standard

;) : |

--

so that throwing-canz homeless dude is near invisible in my dash-cam. :dunno
I should put a video... vid uploaded https://imgur.com/a/P2xEPMi

Attaching two pictures...

Attachments

• invisible.jpg
    invisible.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 16
  • invisible2.jpg
    invisible2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I have a call with India at 9:00. I hate night work calls. It's the waiting that drives me nuts.

----

And done. Good times. Stayed pretty sharp.

Last edited:

I better buy some tires.

There is a 2017 in classifieds right now, and I am told that is the year to buy. :teeth

It's really nice looking, but the two tone wheels aren't my style :laughing

Gotta wait for several things to fall into place first though!

Might be my first bicycle ride wearing shorts later today.

Flip flop weather dead ahead!

I live in flip flops when it's warm.

Hmm, does seems a bit breezy out. Planning on a bicycle ride, hopefully it's a tail wind so I can feel less out of shape!

Back