• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

They are going to love that underfloor heating!

We signed off on paint, flooring, deck & porch repair quotes yesterday. Handing over the check today. Little nauseous but the contractor is very highly recommended. They should be on time to finish everything before surgery so one more to-do off the list. :)

Our remodel is 99 percent complete and we have yet to pay a dime.

The same contracting company, (first father and now son), have done every single remodel on this house so they trust us to pay and we trust them to do a fantastic job.

Which they have.

When we have an "issue" with part of a remodel 15+ years down the road they come right out and make it right and never accept the offer for reimbursement of the repair work.

Both times roofing or sunfroom windwo related.

Having a go to contractor as a homeowner is a godsend.

I think at age 68 we are done with every possible darned thing we could do to improve this not huge house! :laughing

Hopefully they find something soon. That's an awful way to live.

Have a couple of friends with chronic migraines that did not respond to medication. They both get botox injections now and have seen relief.

Hoping to build a decent relationship with this contractor somewhat similar to yours. We will need additional work on windows, doors, kitchen remodel down the line and it would be great to have a solid go-to.

You have a DREAM set-up congrats on that!

Hoping to build a decent relationship with this contractor somewhat similar to yours. We will need additional work on windows, doors, kitchen remodel down the line and it would be great to have a solid go-to.

You have a DREAM set-up congrats on that!

Fingers crossed your contractor is as good.

Mind you, ours is not the cheapest, but we don't care.

We don't bother with bids.

This current remodel, 22 man days with another one to go, I dreamt up just about two months ago and assumed it wouldn't get on his schedule until fall.

He fit us in and we are glad he did.

Now I just have to finish up clearing up the garage to see how the Miata fits in there as I moved a work bench so I didn't have to squeeze in and out of the tiny car in the one car garage.

Waste bin is full with more stuff to go in.

Amazing how much junk one "saves" in a garage. :laughing

G morn.

hi wazzu.
:rofl :laughing

[YOUTUBE]PdsVRegEJTA[/YOUTUBE]

--

dog owners in SF let their dogs off leash, pretty frequently, everywhere in parks.

I've seen "boundaried" dog areas only in NYC. In SF they're pretty much nonexistent. the dog play areas have "unwritten boundaries", written On That Map At The Corner. That is, some/most parks can have a dog area that is somewhere in the middle or corner, but there is no fence around it.

My favorite is the dog owners with unleashed dogs , behind the sign on the lawn that says "No Dogs ... Park Code "... note, doesn't even mention a leash

Last edited:
Our remodel is 99 percent complete and we have yet to pay a dime.

The same contracting company, (first father and now son), have done every single remodel on this house so they trust us to pay and we trust them to do a fantastic job.

Which they have.

When we have an "issue" with part of a remodel 15+ years down the road they come right out and make it right and never accept the offer for reimbursement of the repair work.

Both times roofing or sunfroom windwo related.

Having a go to contractor as a homeowner is a godsend.

I think at age 68 we are done with every possible darned thing we could do to improve this not huge house! :laughing

This tells me everything I need to know about you as a customer. I have clients that I will take care of until I just can’t any longer.

I try to be a good customer. I must be my go to repair shop that was the go to motorcycle guy in Haiti. He has my little Elsinore now, they were slow and the shops owner said bring it down.

Yes.

Wanna schedule a phone call sometime soon?

I'm really struggling withthis concussion right now, so let's try and otuch base later this weekend or next week. PM me your number unless you have mine. I would PM you mine, but quite frankly I need to not be on the computer at all right now.

Take care of your noggin' sir!

Had an appointment yesterday to get a growth on my scalp looked at, along with some blood work. Doc took pictures and sent them for review. Blood work is mostly good aside from some slightly elevated red blood cell sizes, we'll see if that results in more blood work. Dermatology calls me today as they wanna see me, so I schedule the first available appointment which is... next month. I guess if they aren't worried I'm not worried...

Also, got offered an updated Covid vax which I don't think I've done in over a year, certainly took it out of me today, not much planned aside from surfing the couch I think.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm keeping the dog for a few days, she's just can't handle her right now. Apparently headaches can be worse a few days after a lumbar puncture.

At least her sister is stepping up a bit with help in the ER and such.

had a friend that got cluster headaches, like a migraine, he'd do some crazy shit to get relief, hot steam from a pan and sticking needles in his gums. Eventually got a epipen to use as soon as he had onset.

She's been experiencing health problems for a while, but doing well and then COVID and now long COVID symptoms. Really sucks she's a wonderful human being and good friend.

I am doing all I can to support her but of course still feel frustrated and helpless.

It’s Friday night and it has been that kind of week, let’s get after it

Attachments

• IMG_5164.jpeg
    IMG_5164.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 17
^ :wtf WTF is this :laughing

-

yeah, no. It hasn't been that kind of a week.

--

feel "lucky" to have nabbed a ride pre~noon today... it was semi-sunny, good weather. And now bits of rain. :thumbup

back is hurting (since way before the ride). :(

It’s Friday night and it has been that kind of week, let’s get after it

My doctor told me rather emphatically no more than two beers a day, but I don't drink every day, so I guess I'm fine? I probably should cut back though, maybe, someday.

Spent Tuesday and Thursday interviewing college hires for open roles at work. Have to say I feared for humanity after the cycles I did in December and January :wtf but this week brought some hope.:teeth

the kids have no idea how to interact with human beings or problem solve if it isn't right in front of them on a screen. Jeebus Crist it's f'n tragic. bubblewrap the lot and put 'em in tubes :afm199:afm199:afm199

must be tough to be the interviewing boss :laughing

can you prescreen them or sth?

-

man, I guess I miss the SF Meets now. We've met a bunch of times and/+ a party.

It's a network thing. They are prescreened all over the country. Those that pass are offered an interviewing pod where they do a round table with 3 mrgs at different levels of responsibility. Luckily the interviewers I have been set up with have been aligned with my choices every time. We have enough shitty college hires in our fulfillment centers already.

Back