• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Sooo it was hot n sunny outside. I walked out and opened the windows of my car to let the heat out.

Went back in to get my bags ... and outside started pouring gray rain. :rofl. getting in the car , so I closed the windows.

Technically I was close to late so ...back in get umbrella...now my shoes are wet bc I wasn't getting the rain ones.

Start driving within five minutes the rain clears up and within 7 minutes it's sunny:rofl

-

Just realized I have time to waste and wait for 1.5 hours soon...and there are two Irish / sports bars nearby :laughing

( Any help with the car LMK)

( Any help with the car LMK)

If you need it parked in your area until mid April to annoy neighbors or anything I can be of service, downside of not having a garage when going on long trips is finding a place the car can sit without being ticketed or towed.

Saturday FYI factoid...
Tequila doesn't have the "worm", mezcal has the "worm" which is actually a larva (grub) of a moth that lives on the agave plant.

Tequila is made from the blue agave and has it's own Appellation of Origin (AOC) and can only originate from an officially delimited region in five Mexican states. There are five types of tequila: blanco, reposado, añejo, extra añejo, and cristalino.

Mezcal is made from any variety of the agave plant and 90% of mezcal is made in the Mexican state of Oaxaca, but is now produced in ten states throughout Mexico. There are three types of mezcal: mezcal, mezcal artesanal, and mezcal ancestral.

¡Salud!

A good factoid indeed!

I was running late for a flight one time so parked in the nearest lot to departure gate. Was intending park in long term lot but didn’t have time for that without risking missing my flight.
Came back a week or so later to a $350 parking fee. That kinda sucked.

14 thousand abandoned cars pretty much puts Oakland in the shithole category

[YOUTUBE]7dn1OFVa_F8[/YOUTUBE]

Do diesels have catalytic converters?

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

No triples yes beers? :rofl

Saturday FYI factoid...
Tequila doesn't have the "worm", mezcal has the "worm" which is actually a larva (grub) of a moth that lives on the agave plant.

Tequila is made from the blue agave and has it's own Appellation of Origin (AOC) and can only originate from an officially delimited region in five Mexican states. There are five types of tequila: blanco, reposado, añejo, extra añejo, and cristalino.

Mezcal is made from any variety of the agave plant and 90% of mezcal is made in the Mexican state of Oaxaca, but is now produced in ten states throughout Mexico. There are three types of mezcal: mezcal, mezcal artesanal, and mezcal ancestral.

¡Salud!

Have you ever tried Sotol? It's a very earthy mexcal that's made of a different plant altogether. It's very herbal and earthy and amazing if you are sipping it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotol#:~:text=Sotol%20is%20a%20distilled%20spirit,texanum%20and%20Dasylirion%20lucidum%20(commonly

If you're into mezcal, visit Odin in Oakland. There I tried a mezcal de pechuga which is made by adding raw chicken during distillation. It was incredibly good

I like Mezcal now can sip it like...tequila.

I've never had one with the larva.

Bali was so good last night she sat between me and my friend as we watched Road House 2024 (Bali had no opinion on the film), but I heard her whimpering a bit in the night likely missing her mom...gave her some rubbies and went back to bed.

Going to see the Flaming Groovies in Oakland tonight apparently they were formed in SF in 1965 so they've been around longer than I've been alive...

So annoying during movie night the receiver would turn off every time something important was happening...I have to assume the cleaners messed with the wires somehow and now I will need to double check everything.

Weirdly the original Road House ran for quite a while with no issues....guess the new one is "louder".

Damn. The movie “man in the moon” now on KQED …is, powerful.

Edit! Holy shit it got more powerful!:wtf

If you need it parked in your area until mid April to annoy neighbors or anything I can be of service, downside of not having a garage when going on long trips is finding a place the car can sit without being ticketed or towed

that’s a long time, but can do, looks like I found places with cleaning 9 or 12 days away but i will need check it every few days.

Last edited:
Man the opening band for the Flaming Groovies was an all lady cover band of the Kinks called the Minks and they rocked hard. Chatted with the leader singer in the audience after their set, super cool.

Flaming groovies were...amazing! The dude is the only one left from the original band he's 75 but his guitar skills were great..singing was a little weak because he's 75 but overall I was impressed. For $25 I got a few hours of rock. Venue was fun too, nice and small.

Well got caught up in helping the SO do a Lumpia party so I didn't swing by the dealer to grab oil and a filter, so I'll change wheels today, but the oil change will have to wait until Tuesday. I'll just get packing and prep done today instead.

Wonder if there is money to be made scrapping those abandoned cars...

Mmmmmm, does it have a full tank of gas?
Oh, and what kinda car?
Asking for a friend. :)

It could, but it's not a fun car, just an old '04 Golf TDI that needs belts and suspension done.

What’s the catalytic converter worth?

About $260 new apparently, though I wonder if an old one like mine is worth anything used, it's probably mostly spent.

Last edited:
Turns out I do not have the right tools to get that rear wheel of, luck for me there are professionals out there who can laugh at me and then swap wheels for me.

Triple squared. Also, apparently I missed the memo and chain manufacturers no longer recommend kerosene? Weird.

Oh ...snap!!! 4x. No snap tools ?

Probably just missing the adapter. But I bet I have 1/2" wrenches and you do too, probably.

Did a lot of walking today, Sunday!!!!! :party

Last edited:
Back