• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Still getting ready to head out, well, I'm ready, but, I'm only half the battle.

Need to go through my mail and make sure all bills that will come due while I am on the road are paid, or in a position to be paid and then finalize packing today / tomorrow. Tomorrow is final bike prep, oil change, chain adjustment, etc.

That makes sense.
Sometimes it sounds like the damn fan is pulling the truck before it shifts. :laughing

Thank you.

Our Yukon did that too. Haven’t heard that description of the sound and sensation, but you nailed it.

I haven’t heard that sound since the truck broke a rear axle and I finally got rid of it.

making our plans for my 60th. Can't believe that I am getting that old.

Good morning.
60!!!! I used to be 60 :lol

Woke up this morning to one of our car doors wide open and the seat is a little dirty inside. Can bears open car doors? It was the driver's side rear on an older camry with the lift handles, doesn't seem like they could manage that, but there are a ton of little scratches on the handle. The suburban has pull handles and that seems like something their curved nails would be good for, but they've never opened those, or at least they were polite enough to close it afterwards.

:laughing

I was camping with gramps at yosemite when I was maybe 12 and a couple rangers woke us up in the middle of the night because a bear was running around the campground and had ransacked the food in the trunk of the car, but gramps left the trunk open. For years I had a wheaties box with perfect bear teeth holes in them as a souvenir.

anyone do work here where they sit in a room for 8 hrs a day, don't talk to people, but sometimes spend anger discussing things on the phone/zoom and sometimes doing boring stuff on the computer?

trying to amp myself for another job here... but I'm wondering what's up. :(

I am not 60. :laughing

ywb.gif

anyone do work here where they sit in a room for 8 hrs a day, don't talk to people, but sometimes spend anger discussing things on the phone/zoom and sometimes doing boring stuff on the computer?

trying to amp myself for another job here... but I'm wondering what's up. :(

I can't really tell what you're asking for here. If you can, would you describe a work situation you'd like?

I can't really tell what you're asking for here. If you can, would you describe a work situation you'd like?

It looks like I didn't like my previous job at all. Probably due to the people or, it's always going to be like that, in other companies.

Too much techy without any real interaction.

Or maybe I was never made for it (which is not a great excuse bc there are plenty of mediocre people that get money, not to mention the bad ones)

But not sure what could be an ideal work situation, so no , not sure I can describe it. Perhaps something with more working with people?!?

What kind of tech work did you do? What technologies did you interact with? Do you like technology but just want to interact with people more or would you rather the subject matter itself were different?

I was(am?) down in the trenches programmer. Java n Scala. suffice to say all buzzwords like people put, unix emacs gitBS, I had them down to the Lisp-plugin, basically (or could have had them.)

however, that's not necessarily an advantage in a world where people look for "Hibernate" or "Angular" (just retired I think?)

Looks like I was good in helping other people, merging, solving problems, things like that. I actually think I may have been "good at" being a highly-advanced QA, since I hated when I had to help... also the QAs. : | but that should probably be under me.

how exactly do I say "do you like technology?" yeah, I like internet, but I hate Tesla, Waymo and/or automatic transmissions?!? Maybe if I do hate Waymo... I do hate technology? It's possible I've disliked technology but.. people gotta do something.

The more I think about returning corporate life, or a regular working schedule, the more I am tempted to take another year off and go ride to Alaska and other interesting locals. My bank account is in ever more firm disagreement with that line of thinking however so my resume is getting better and better, but first, quick trip to Colorado and then a long trip to Texas and various places in between.

Back