• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

dammit, too muc typing doesn't interrupt Nate's triple. :mad I'm getting Mexican via 🚵and 🍺

here is the hissing vid.
(need to up the volume)

I did actually tighten the long brass fitting too, a little bit. I think those two things helped a little bit. Anyway not a big deal, I can always throw it out

Maybe the pressure relief valve is corroded and not fully closing? This is a 100% guess, I do not, in the least, know anything about compressors.

Edit - I didn't even realized I'd gotten a triple, sweet!

Tried to apply to a job at IBM and their site wouldn't load, so I see they are doing well.

Also, triple, albeit a lazy one.

whoa you weren't even being sarcastic. much ;)

thanks for the help

--

so yes, SOMETHING needed to be tightened, and I THINK THE compressor behaved a little better, but there's still some slight hiss - when I turn off the compressor, and I wait for it to "cool down", one can hear it audibly.
I made a video.

also, image 1 is one of the nuts I tightened slightly (you can see the wrench)
View attachment 562692

but Image 2, shows something is seriously up with that brass fitting b/c it's sitting crooked...
View attachment 562693
Leak could very well be at the brass fitting.
1) Obtain spray bottle with soapy water solution. 2) Run "unit" until tank is full. 3) Unplug "unit" from electrical power source. 4) Spray soapy water solution
around all pneumatic lines and fittings. 5) Check the pressure relief valve (make sure it opens and closes and seals) and also the hose coupler fitting.
Did the "unit" come with hose and male fitting that fits the hose coupler fitting?

And the roof was fixed, and the foundation / electrical / whatever else was brought up to code. It is an intriguing building, something like that in South SF or Oakland would be neat, or I could just turn it into another Ghost ship, sans fire hazards and grow some dreads :laughing
There maybe an opportunity for a "vivre dans un logement" caretaker / building manager position. Although, interested parties would have to submit an application to
the BARF - Richmond Clubhouse Board of Directors.

There maybe an opportunity for a "vivre dans un logement" caretaker / building manager position. Although, interested parties would have to submit an application to
the BARF - Richmond Clubhouse Board of Directors.
Had to translate that, leave the first V of and it sounds like a lot of work :laughing

dammit, too muc typing doesn't interrupt Nate's triple. :mad I'm getting Mexican via 🚵and 🍺

here is the hissing vid.
(need to up the volume)

I did actually tighten the long brass fitting too, a little bit. I think those two things helped a little bit. Anyway not a big deal, I can always throw it out
Couldn't tell from the video, get some soapy water and see what's leaking. Might just need to teflon tape a fitting somewhere.

Okay gotcha. Yeah it's the long brass fitting.

I will put soap.

The disassembly is hard to do however you can't just untwist it , because it's too close to the tank.

Posting from the barf mobile app from a park with a bike.😀

Last edited:
Took a hit. If the fitting is cracked, remove it gently, get to the hardware store for another and make sure you have some teflon tape. Will be good as new.

If the fitting breaks while you’re removing it, they’re pretty easy to remove with an ez-out.

Also, that thing got borked because the fitting is attached to the regulator, which is attached to the quick connect for the hose. This creates a fair amount of leverage on the fitting. Wouldn’t be hard to bend or break a brass fitting by pulling too hard on the air hose. When you get it back together, just always leave a little slack in the hose and everything will be fine.

:banana

YAY! I ordered tires for my Eastern Oregon/Idaho ride. TKC70's are unobtainium. Pirelli Scorpion Trails, same until September. But I liked the look of the of the Anakee Adventure so I ordered a set from OMA KTM, who will spoon them on the day I set out on my trip.

Reama, how far are you from Applegate?

I thought the one in Pt Richmond is just preserved as a historic sight and they moved their clubhouse to 37th and Wall

Back