• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Secret Roads

Secret roads?

108366769-S.jpg
89275084-S.jpg

Well OK, those two are only two miles apart or so. Anyone know where they are?

Lucas valley and the reservoir right off of highway 1??

Don't see why people feel there's a need for all the secrecy. If it's not 9, Jamison, Empire, Pine Flat, Bonny Doon, Swanton, gazos, Pescadero, Stage, 84 or Skyline there won't be any squids on it.

@ADG

Now that you are away from the beach, it might be a capital time to douche the sand out of your mangina...

@Beau

Nice pic, thanks for sharing. It's starting to look like high time to ditch the sport bike in favor of something capable of finding the more out-of-the-way roads that are relatively squid and LEO free.

Last edited:
I'm probably double your age, and have grown up and lived in Cal beach towns, lived in Hawaii twice and surfed-shaped-glassed more boards than you can think of.

Shut up you cunt.

eh? posted at 1:36 AM. PUI? ahren, i wouldn't expect such a reaction from a star valley resident. :confused

Ok. It's not in the Bay Area. I'll admit that.

The attached picture is Alsea Falls Highway between Monroe, OR and Alsea, OR.

It runs roughly 25 miles across about 1/3 of the Coastal Range here in Oregon.

The first photo was taken right at the end of the double yellow centerline, The second photo was taken in the sweet spot.

What I love about this road is the approaches are crufty enough to scare off the wannabe squids and the loud-pipes cruiser types, leaving the smooth sweetness to the grown-ups.

Ya'll are welcome to come play in my back yard.

The rumors of Oregon being a Police State are overstated.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Misc Pics 003.JPG
    Misc Pics 003.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 28
  • alsea_falls.jpg
    alsea_falls.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 38
Couple of my favorites

Attachments

• 108 east side 1.jpg
    108 east side 1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 58 b.jpg
    58 b.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 32
  • ebbets pass.jpg
    ebbets pass.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 23
  • patterson pass.jpg
    patterson pass.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
Here's a pic from the turn-arround point of yesterday's ride.... and I'm only saying we call it the Candy Mountain Road.
I need to get in on these rides starting in a few weeks when I have a bike that's running well with reasonable suspension and tires

I'm probably double your age, and have grown up and lived in Cal beach towns, lived in Hawaii twice and surfed-shaped-glassed more boards than you can think of.

Shut up you cunt.

please, oh please, don't glass barf

Last edited by a moderator:
A few of my favorites

All are local except the last one
IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_4172-2.jpg

This next one's from South Dakota. But it's definitely :drool
IMG_2331.jpg

Ya'll are welcome to come play in my back yard.

The rumors of Oregon being a Police State are overstated.
I grew up in Bend. My parents were really into going on hikes in remote places, and my mom was a botanist working for the Forest Service (which means plenty of maps, aerial photos, and expertise with GPS and a compass). I can picture all sorts of really fantastic places in my head-- rolling hills, huge cliffs, rivers, caves, sphinx moths, herds of antelope-- but I don't remember where they were or what they were called! :laughing So secret, I don't even know what they are! Hah!

Steens Mtn would be a great place for some dual-sporting and NOBODY would be around except some cows.

Last edited:
I grew up in Bend. My parents were really into going on hikes in remote places, and my mom was a botanist working for the Forest Service (which means plenty of maps, aerial photos, and expertise with GPS and a compass). I can picture all sorts of really fantastic places in my head but I don't remember where they were or what they were called! :laughing

why, you ungrateful little... just kidding.

i lived in bend years ago and i'm planning on moving up to portland in the next few months. hopefully in march, but it will probably be april :)groan). and, yes, there are many roads i look forward to riding--i didn't have a moto when i lived there. also, my motorless bike looks forward to riding phil's trail again, although an old friend told me that now it's more like phil's labyrinth.

mmmmm, phil's trail. :drool :)

no where near. the sonomites are scary white people.

Nah, the whities in Sonoma County are either dumb hicks or useless hippies. Its the Nortenos you gotta keep an eye out for up there.

Regardless, i got a couple roads up in Sonoma County that do that exact same thing. Crap, I even wrote it up on pashnit.

I tried to tell people about my best favorite road for years, since I figure people already knew about it. They just kept riding past it. Now I don't say nothin'

Last edited:
why, you ungrateful little... just kidding.

i lived in bend years ago and i'm planning on moving up to portland in the next few months. hopefully in march, but it will probably be april
Bend is a miserable, bassackwards kind of place, but Portland has some very nice parts, that's cool.

I do keep wondering how the McKenzie pass would be on a motorcycle!

70 miles actually.

I saw only one car and one bike the entire 70 miles the last time I rode it.

Yeah, no secret there really, no cops either. Take a high-side on that road and you better hope your bro has cell coverage because the nearest hospital is a helicopter ride away.

Still, that road is like a 52 mile track.
I mostly found it amusing that those two pics have the same bridge in them, even if it's from opposite sides

edit: maybe the 52 vs 70 is not counting the boring part?

Back