• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Show us your Cadillac!

Keeping it black. I just dig black and it forces me to clean it often. Trying the hot dip grill thing. I was looking for a black one from GM or D3, but it appears D3 is bought out or ???

Hoping that will hold up longer that the very easily chipped painted chrome plastic piece oh shit.

Redoing the wheels too. The very few scratches will stand out. Rebadging the thing too include all 4 wheels where the plastic is cracked.

Keeping it black. I just dig black and it forces me to clean it often. Trying the hot dip grill thing. I was looking for a black one from GM or D3, but it appears D3 is bought out or ???

Hoping that will hold up longer that the very easily chipped painted chrome plastic piece oh shit.

Redoing the wheels too. The very few scratches will stand out. Rebadging the thing too include all 4 wheels where the plastic is cracked.

Can’t wait to see the end result. Those V coupes in all black, such a good look. Super sinister looking.

Put the new Cadillac badges on it. They look so much better.

I am not sure what badges he included. I will ask.

I just asked to replace them with new.

To drop and "Flair" the ATS, or not to drop and "Flair"? That is the question. :laughing
Or just leave the Slot Car stock?!
I've got toooo many projects wanting a piece of the pie. :(

Attachments

• 2016 ATS V.R Coupe.jpg
    2016 ATS V.R Coupe.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 2017 ATSV.jpg
    2017 ATSV.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 30
For those that may not have heard, the LBGP is now scheduled for Sept. 24-26, 2021 (scheduled from the normal April time frame). The IMSA schedule is Friday, P and Q with the race on Saturday for the Daytona Prototype International cars (Cadillac, Mazda, Acura) along with other class cars. Indy cars run on Sunday.

I sent an email to Cadillac Racing to see if they (Cadillac) were going to have their Cadillac V Performance Car Corral Hospitality Tent this year. Hope they do as it's a sweet deal. In the past it's been a $300 package for two. Cadillac only parking pass for three days, breakfast and lunch, tickets and seats near S/F, across from pits, private tour through Cadillac paddock, etc.
Told them the need to bring the latest "V" cars and the new all E/V "LYRIQ" to be released this Fall.

Cadillac Racing here: https://cadillacracingvip.com/ Send them a note letting them know they need a West Coast presence.

LYRIQ: https://www.cadillac.com/electric/l...VjwytBh0SBgNfEAAYASAAEgIBK_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

We had a ‘71 back in ‘76-‘77. Once it was rolling and dad nailed it your head would snap back.:teeth
Looked exactly like this one.

Attachments

• 249C5670-4AC5-4F1E-A647-EEBDF0A7EC68.jpg
    249C5670-4AC5-4F1E-A647-EEBDF0A7EC68.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 31
Just an fyi... The new "CT5-V" Badges are worth 668HP. :teeth

Need to have a "Cadillac" meetup.

Them are some powerful badges! :laughing

A meet would be fun. Not sure how many folks would show so best to have a meet at a show. :p

Bud, have you considered a wrap for now? "We" know people who do favors...

To drop and "Flair" the ATS, or not to drop and "Flair"? That is the question. :laughing
Or just leave the Slot Car stock?!
I've got toooo many projects wanting a piece of the pie. :(

How many miles on the ATS-V? 1/89? If not too many miles, leave stock IMO.

For those that may not have heard, the LBGP is now scheduled for Sept. 24-26, 2021 (scheduled from the normal April time frame). The IMSA schedule is Friday, P and Q with the race on Saturday for the Daytona Prototype International cars (Cadillac, Mazda, Acura) along with other class cars. Indy cars run on Sunday.

I sent an email to Cadillac Racing to see if they (Cadillac) were going to have their Cadillac V Performance Car Corral Hospitality Tent this year.

Cadillac Racing here: https://cadillacracingvip.com/ Send them a note letting them know they need a West Coast presence.

Please let us know. This sounds fun!

Just an fyi... The new "CT5-V" Badges are worth 668HP. :teeth

Need to have a "Cadillac" meetup.

Agree, IN!

No on the wrap.. might do the clear protector thing.. but not sure.

Glossy black paint makes my heart sing.

Washed two blacks yesterday and doing the wifes today.

Budman - Black, YES!!! Clear nose wrap. :thumbup But wait 2 - 3 months for paint to cure.

Holeshot - Nice pair of Caddies! What year is your (Arrest Me Red) ATS? Manual or stick? I looked over a year to find a Coupe with a manual. Colors had to be Black or Red. Had it almost a year now, found it down in LA, original owner car with 29K miles. I turned over 30.5K this morning on the Sunday go to get coffee run. :) The more I drive it the more I want to drive it. It's such a fun car.

ATS V production numbers
2016 ATS-V
Sedan 1496
Coupe 1379
Total 2875

2017 ATS-V
Sedan 579
Coupe 310
Total 889

2018 ATS-V
Sedan 344
Coupe 213
Total 557

2016 - 2018 ATS-V
Total Sedan 2419
Total Coupe 1902
Total All 4321

Manual ATS-V sedans
2016 - 251
2017 - 124
2018 - 62
Total - 437

Manual ATS-V coupes
2016 - 261
2017 - 89
2018 - 54
Total 404

Last edited:
I like my :cool Wreaths, thank you very much! :x

Attachments

• CTS V Wreath1.jpg
    CTS V Wreath1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 43
  • CTS V Wreath 2.jpg
    CTS V Wreath 2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43
Holeshot - Nice pair of Caddies! What year is your (Arrest Me Red) ATS? Manual or stick?

She's a CTS-V actually...auto. Got her from GM corp when they were disposing of their V-LAB cars. 1,800 miles, no warranty on drivetrain (brakes, suspension, engine). Warranty Block on those items. Was about $10K back of Manheim wholesale prices. I learned on the Cadillac forum that I could put a "silver" warranty (7 years/ 120K miles) for about $3,400 which I did through some luck. No problems, but I bought rotors, pads and hubs all around to change when I get the time. I worry most about the hubs. The brakes are unreal when warm, but squeal like a pig farm when cold and around town. It's embarrassing...but the car's so unreal, no one fucks with it too much.

There was this time last summer coming back from Clearlake with a dual motor Tesla...That thing was good about about 4 miles or so then, things got creepy for the driver. My passenger said "right....THERE, he just quit". Sure enough. Fast in a line and for a short period of time, but after that, it's opposite lane city and brake fade. No thanks.

We went by, supercharger on full whine and laughing.

OOPS... typo, brain fade, was thinking about the ATS.
There was a TSB for brake squeal for the 16 and up CTS V's, it replaced pads and rotors. Seems some others have "greased" the slides and/or put a slight bevel on the pad edges, mixed results. Brake fluid was probably changed to DOT 4 for the Caddy events.

If you haven't changed the diff fluid might want to consider doing that.

Yep, all the Gen 3 CTS V's were autos, regardless they are a BLAST to drive. :teeth
Hoping Spring Mountain will get the new CT5 V's with the manual trans.
50197937142_f7dc0c3766_b.jpg

My old girl goes in for a new suit tomorrow. Can’t wait to recreate this pic from when I first took a good drive back in 2011. The car was a company car. Purchased in ‘11 when working for my Dad one year after I lost my Mom. We typically flipped company cars every three years but this one was a lot more $$ than our norm.

I was 75% running his biz at the time and I remember telling him “ Pop.. I think I have matured and I am finally ready for a Caddy”. He knew I was the dude and did not say a word about the shall we say extended budget for the car.

I also remember him saying when I brought it to the office “That’s a Caddy?? Why the hell does it have a stick shift and it’s so loud?” :laughing

I bought the car from his company some years ago and it is now my OG company car. Hoping the car and I both have ten more years in us.

Attachments

• 3315CDDB-091D-4545-9FF1-4DE9003280D4.jpeg
    3315CDDB-091D-4545-9FF1-4DE9003280D4.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 37
OOPS... typo, brain fade, was thinking about the ATS.
There was a TSB for brake squeal for the 16 and up CTS V's, it replaced pads and rotors. Seems some others have "greased" the slides and/or put a slight bevel on the pad edges, mixed results. Brake fluid was probably changed to DOT 4 for the Caddy events.

If you haven't changed the diff fluid might want to consider doing that.

Yep, all the Gen 3 CTS V's were autos, regardless they are a BLAST to drive. :teeth
Hoping Spring Mountain will get the new CT5 V's with the manual trans.
50197937142_f7dc0c3766_b.jpg

I will match ya on a track photo. Altered by Kazman to add the Barf graphics but at THill in T14. 1.26 G’s on the tech G gauge.

Attachments

• 48E7BD66-7FC9-4474-A816-C7BDB5A5529C.jpeg
    48E7BD66-7FC9-4474-A816-C7BDB5A5529C.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 38
Anyone going to be back in Watkins Glen, New York later this month?

If so, the IMSA race weekend is Friday, June 25 - Sunday, JUNE 27 at
WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY

Cadillac V-Performance Package is $250 for 2 people for 3 days.
Info here: https://cadillacracingvip.com/event_detail/7

Sadly, no word about a package for the LBGP this coming September.

Attachments

• Cadillac DPi-VR.jpg
    Cadillac DPi-VR.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 28
Back in black.

New 10th birthday suit.
Now will let it bake for a month and the do some clear vinyl on the often nicked bits.

Assuming it works OK over black :dunno

Attachments

• 9288C6B5-8AD6-4866-BEF2-DC367655BB1D.jpg
    9288C6B5-8AD6-4866-BEF2-DC367655BB1D.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 57
  • E64AE814-9B75-4050-9E27-90F2E66A9A3B.jpg
    E64AE814-9B75-4050-9E27-90F2E66A9A3B.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 49
Back