• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Show us your Cadillac!

In other Cadillac news...
Cadillac isn't doing the LBGP this April 8th - 9th. :(
BUT they will have their Cadillac V-Performance Car Corral Package available
for the Laguna Seca Sports Car Championship Presented by MOTUL on Apr 29 - May 1.

I suspect the "package price" will be about $325 based on what the cost is for the Daytona 24 Hr race this weekend. They haven't opened up ticket purchases for Laguna race yet.

If the stars and planets align I plan on going. :party

Cadillac announced the new 2023 Escalade V, with the 600HP, 6.2L Supercharged engine.
Also, the CT5 and CT4 V Blackwing cars will be Cadillac's last high performance
gas powered cars. My guess is that this last series of car will have a couple more years of production given the announcement of the new Escalade V as a 2023 model.

Where did you hear 600hp? Didn’t think they’ve announced numbers yet. I’m sure that there will be a bit less because of it being a truck with non optimized intake/exhaust, but I know that engine in the CT5 Blackwing puts out a helluva lot more than 600.

Also heard that almost 60% of orders for the 2022 CT5 V Blackwing car have been with the 6Spd manual trans. :party
Also heard that Cadillac configured the car so that it will not accept an "aftermarket" tune. If true, probably won't be long before someone cracks that nut.

Regardless, would still take the "stocker" at 668HP of tire smoking fun!

Like the 2020+ bikes, I'd bet they've locked the ECU's down with each file in the ECU encrypted uniquely, instead of a master encryption and then all files are accessible.

'23 Escalade V horsepower, ha, ha... based on internet Authority.
All the '22's are at 420HP, no V option.

Now for a little Daytona practice from yesterday.
[YOUTUBE]_BuGqNHpY7M[/YOUTUBE]

Blinking taillights, pretty much this, depending on sanctioning body.
Cars must be equipped with flashing tail lights that would be activated in the event of a significant deceleration.

The flashing “stop” lights would be activated if loss of acceleration if greater than 0.4g within 0.2 seconds.

LED numbers on sides of cars indicate current position.

Just a friendly FYI...

Tickets for the Cadillac V-Performance Car Corral event at the Laguna Seca, ISMA races April 29 - May 1, 2022, just became available today.

Look here: https://cadillacracingvip.com/

Ticket package price is $250 for 1 car, 2 people, 3 days. Note: You don't have to have a Cadillac to purchase, but you won't be able to park in the Cadillac Corral, nor drive on the track.

Info:
Your exclusive three-day Cadillac V-Performance Racing Experience includes:

One (1) on-site parking pass to the Cadillac V-Performance Car Corral. Access limited to Cadillac vehicles only
Two (2) three-day admission passes to the Cadillac V-Performance Hospitality Suite with indoor/outdoor seating and views of the entire circuit
Exclusive opportunity to drive your Cadillac on the track at Laguna Seca
Premium catered meals, snacks and beverages in the Cadillac V-Performance Hospitality Suite
Exclusive behind-the-scenes access with Cadillac Racing teams and drivers*
Meet and greet opportunities with Cadillac executives and V-Performance engineers*

*Final live and virtual content dependent on team and executive availability as COVID-19 guidelines and individual track restrictions permit.

Attachments

• Cadillac DPi-V.jpg
    Cadillac DPi-V.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
I wonder if they'll let me actually order my BW for another $100...

I wonder if they'll let me actually order my BW for another $100...

Yo Berto... Totally forgot to ask the Caddy VP about that, sorry man!

I drove down Friday morning.
Cadillac had CT4's, CT5's, CT4 V Blackwings, and CT5 V Blackwings you could take out for a spin.
Drove the CT5 V Blackwing out on the roads around Laguna.
FAWKING, BRUTALLY SOPHISTICATED AWESOMENESS! :wow
Launching the car in "Race Mode" is unreal, crazy FUN!!! :party

A few pics from the weekend.
- My '17 ATS-V (which I got to do 3 laps on the track) next to a modded (blower, heads, headers, full exhaust, etc.) CTS-V and a really nice wrap. Car was from Washington.
- There were about 25+ cars that showed up on Sunday. The CT5 V Blackwing color is a Frost Mist. Rare color, looks good in person.
- Cadillac brought a new Escalade V, release is later this month. Sweet ride.

Attachments

• ATSV CTSV Wrap.jpg
    ATSV CTSV Wrap.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Cad Lineup.jpg
    Cad Lineup.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 26
  • Escalade V.jpg
    Escalade V.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
During Friday practice No. 01 V-Performance Academy Cadillac DPi-V.R (co-driven by Sebastien Bourdais and Renger van de Zande) lost all power (electrical) heading up the hill before the Corkscrew and it loop in the gravel and hit the K-rail. :(
It was turning some quick times, 1:15 mins. Car was back on track on Saturday but Sunday the electrical gremlins came back and DNF'd. :( :(

The two Acura cars were really running fast and smooth with times in the 1:14.7 mins in practice. They took 1st and 2nd on race day with Caddy coming in 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Attachments

• Cad DPi 01.jpg
    Cad DPi 01.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DPi Results.jpg
    DPi Results.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Cad DPi 5.jpg
    Cad DPi 5.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Whelen1.jpg
    Whelen1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 21
  • Whelen2.jpg
    Whelen2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Meanwhile, back up at the Cadillac Hospitality Suite on Sunday...
Bill Patterson (he paints for Caddy at the LBGP and at Laguna) painted this one in about an hour and forty mins. :wow

First the outline, then the first color... then the finish. Painting is then auctioned off benefiting the Austin Hatcher - Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
Excellent weekend, if you haven't been to one of Caddy race weekends you owe it to yourself. Good stuff.

Attachments

• Painting Start.jpg
    Painting Start.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Painting First Color.jpg
    Painting First Color.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Painting Finish.jpg
    Painting Finish.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Great writeup FLH! Wish I'd made to meet up with you. Seeing the CT5 Blackwing in person would KILL me, I think...

... Seeing the CT5 Blackwing in person would KILL me, I think...

HA! Don't drive one!
Oh, and one with the Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes only on the CT5-V Blackwing. Please, and thank you very much.

"Must Not BUILD n PRICE"
"Must Not BUILD n PRICE"
"Must Not BUILD n PRICE" !!!

Build n Price
Build n Price
Build n Price
Build n Price
Build n Price!!!!!!!!!

Build n Price - Sadly I caved in and then reality smacked me upside my head! :cry :cry :cry

In racing news the DPi class will become the LMDh (Le Mans - Daytona Hypercar) class for 2023 and will race IMSA and WEC.
[YOUTUBE]KWWCJe8Fwqc[/YOUTUBE]

OOOOH, and maybe a new mid-engine for the street! :teeth
If they do there just might be fire sale on a couple of V Coupes.

Attachments

• Cad Mid-Engine3.jpg
    Cad Mid-Engine3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
...and now they can do exterior mirrorless production.

Yeah, manufactures realized that after studying driver eye movements that the drivers never looked at the side mirrors and that equates to dollars saved!!! :laughing

WOOT, WOOT, WOOT... No "cones" were killed!!!

Goodguys West Coast Nationals - Autocross, made it to the final 8 car shootout, finished 6th. Course was short, tight, and twisty. Right outa the box you had to make a quick right / left then gather it up to make through a really tight slot (between two cones) and cones were killed in this area. Then setup for a hard ~160 deg right hander, then several more tight, quick "S's, (cone death zone) and a quick, tight right and then just a couple of car lengths into the stop box.
Top car was a new C8, Z51/FE4 stuff. Pretty stoked, a 1.9sec spread between 1st and 6th.
The ATS-V is a fricken fun riot. Didn't use launch control 'cause the start box has just enough slope that the car would roll forward out of the staging lights. Clutch in, but have to keep right foot on brake and pedals aren't really setup to heel / toe since you have to mash the throttle to the floor for launch control to work. (Ha, need a line lock and stickier tires, running Falken FR510's, 300TW, but need the new RT660', 200TW, or the new Yokohama's.) Auto's are easier to launch, left foot hard on brake, mash throttle, revs come up, slide foot off brake and hang on!

Fun day! Need a sticker for the dash that say's: "Turn on the PDR Dummy"!

Attachments

• ATSV ax.jpg
    ATSV ax.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back