• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Faith In Humanity Thread

Philadelphia Pizza Lovers Pay It Forward One Slice At A Time

At Rosa's Fresh Pizza in Philadelphia, the shop is adorned with Post-it notes and letters. The messages are from customers who gave $1 so homeless members in the community could get a slice, which costs $1.

Over the past nine months, Wartman says, clients have bought 8,400 slices of pizza for their homeless neighbors. He kept track of the prepaid slices with Post-it notes on the walls until he hit about 500 free slices. Then the accounting system became untenable. He now keeps track at the register.

http://uk.pcmag.com/smartphones/40243/news/what-samsung-did-for-deaf-man-will-hit-you-in-the

Sometimes marketing gives us actual nice things and not just the illusion of them. To promote the launch of Samsung's new video call center for the hearing impaired, Samsung Türkiye and advertising agency Leo Burnett Istanbul spent a month preparing to surprise a young Istanbul resident named Muharrem with an extraordinary morning—and a heartwarming advertisement for the rest of us.

Entire neighborhood secretly learned sign language to surprise a deaf resident there.

The only thread on BARF worth subscribing to.

Lord. That's a bucketful of onions, couldn't even get through it. Don't watch that at work unless you can afford 15 minutes to pull yourself together.

Also, this thread delivers. Whew. Feel like I just sat through Old Yeller.

Please don't watch at the DMV like I just did... Didn't know Someone was going to be cutting onions here.

this was pretty cool,, that little girl gets to see her bro and daddy again:cry
http://i.imgur.com/2whpdu0.jpg

edit: ok, link fail:facepalm

the story behind the image is that the guy and his son in the pic, and on the shirts, died in a car accident on their way home from a match:( :rose the wife received an invite from the team and the team came onto the field wearing these shirts:cry

Pure class by AS Roma and captain Totti.

Last edited:
Fast-food worker helps disabled patron in heartwarming video
A fast-food joint isn’t exactly a place where you’d expect to have your heart warmed, but, today, Ridge Quarles is proving us all wrong. He’s an employee at a Qdoba Mexican Grill in Louisville, Ky. When a disabled patron came in for lunch, the 23-year-old carried over her meal and got her a drink, napkins, and utensils. Then he asked if there was anything else he could get for her. The woman, whose name is unknown, said, “Sir, if you don’t mind, could you help me eat?”

As Quarles fed the woman, patron David Jones took notice and recorded the whole thing on video. Jones said of the experience, “He didn’t stop to think about, ‘Well, should I help her, should I not?’ He just went over, put the gloves on, and started feeding her.”

Quarles says the woman has been coming to the restaurant for about five years, and is usually dropped off by a public bus. He says she often waits outside the restaurant for someone to notice her and open the door.
Although the video is going viral, Quarles says he didn’t do it for the recognition. He says he gets joy from helping others
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trendin...d-patron-in-heartwarming-video-165633994.html

Repost from Awesome vids thread, but thought it belonged here too.

[youtube]6CcLj4wQXWQ[/youtube]

Boy leaves stuffed Hobbes (from Calvin and Hobbes) at airport. Airport staff ensures Hobbes has a story to tell and returns Hobbes to boy rather than just dumping stuffed animal in trash or lost and found.

http://www.tampaairport.com/boy-leaves-stuffed-tiger-tpa-returns-tale-tigers-big-adventure

A frantic call to the Tampa International Airport’s Lost and Found department came in on a Saturday morning. A 6-year-old boy named Owen, traveling to Houston with his parents, had left behind his favorite stuffed tiger, Hobbes. He was distraught, his mother said. Could the airport please help?

The call set into motion a dispatch to various employees throughout the airport, including a janitorial services crew that found Hobbes near the children’s play area at Airside C and rushed it back to the Airport Operations Center. Then AOC Manager Tony D’Aiuto had an idea. Why not take the tiger on a tour while he awaits his owner’s return?

D’Auito, with the help of TPA police, airlines, operations staff, the USO and others all over the airport campus, photographed Hobbes on his great adventures: outside by the air traffic control tower, buying gelato, working out at the employee gym, playing Jenga in the USO, hanging out with the firefighters, napping in a hammock by the Marriott pool, riding a luggage cart.

The family returned to the airport, got their luggage and car and went straight to the AOC lobby to get Hobbes. There, AOC Manager James Parker presented Owen with Hobbes and the photo book detailing all of the tiger’s hijinks at the airport.

Hobbes_ATC%20Tower.jpg

Hobbes_tony%20book.jpg

Some of these people do way better than others, but I was still impressed with a few of these descriptions.
[youtube]NGYLAKYNVX8[/youtube]

Back