• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Faith In Humanity Thread

Holy crap, thanks for that. I've seen one or two of those before, but all of them together is pretty amazing. Very moving.

Some of these people do way better than others, but I was still impressed with a few of these descriptions.
[youtube]NGYLAKYNVX8[/youtube]

wow... that guy has a whole channel full of videos. Such an amazing guy. I really hope he enjoys making those videos and not just at his expense for the benefit of others.

A little part of me thought about Robin Williams. But I guess that's just my ignorance on being presumptive that a blind person couldn't be that happy.

I hope he has great friends and family around him and that he really is enjoying life as he portrays.

Edit: He has some funny ass videos. He mentions things you would never think about. "perks of being blind" :laughing. some of those are damn good. No electric bill really... because yeah, he never needs the lights on. Every girl is a perfect 10 to him :rofl.

Last edited:
Dad with autistic son starts a car wash that primarily employs people with autism. Happy family, happy community.

[youtube]VULKzVZCso0[/youtube]

^^^ So awesome^^^

Bride's father stops wedding so stepdad can walk her down the aisle, too

Todd Bachman stopping his march down the aisle with Brittany to grab the hand of her stepfather, Todd Cendrosky, so they could both experience the procession and the moment of giving Brittany away.

zVSutNM.jpg

ydKsN3t.jpg

pmayb-dad-asks-father-in-law-to-walk-bride-6.jpg

RCTplaK.jpg

72qn3-dad-asks-father-in-law-to-walk-bride-4.jpg

Southwest reroutes flight for woman to see comatose son

Peggy Uhle was on a flight from Chicago to Columbus waiting to take off when the plane turned back to the gate and flight attendant asked her to get off.

“I figured I was on the wrong plane. The gate agent told me to check in at the desk and when I did she told me to call my husband,” Uhle told airline blog BoardingArea.com.

After checking in with customer service, Uhle learned her son, who lives in Denver, was in a coma after suffering a head injury. Even before Uhle disembarked, the airline had rebooked her--with no additional fees or service charges --on a non-stop to Denver that was leaving in two hours.

Frat guys forge relationship with 12 year old girl with cancer, keep her company, gather donations for her family and treatments, and decorate their frat house with her name and favorite colors.

[youtube]2uzwKXB-wyE[/youtube]

Why don't they?? Have you tried them & they didn't work?

From what I've heard, it can sometimes take a week or two for them to work for some folks, maybe you're one of them. Keep trying them, maybe?

My nephew is CB and it blew his mind when he saw colors. :thumbup

Last edited:
Because Star Wars is awesome.

Summary - fans get together, get a girl who likes Star Wars a bunch of SW stuff, she gets to meet Weird Al one of her heroes.

Bullied girl gets support from Star Wars fans

CNN said:
Nicolette Molina's daughter Layla Murphy is fascinated with "Star Wars."

The 8-year-old found some of her father's old toys around her Norfolk, Virginia home and immediately fell in love with that galaxy far, far away.

Of course, she's hardly alone among kids and adult fans worldwide, but many of those fans don't have to deal with school bullies.

It all started after she moved to a new school.

"At this new school Layla started coming home more quiet and less of herself, and started asking not to wear her shirts or R2-D2 jacket," Molina said.

The girls in school were telling her she shouldn't like "Star Wars" because it's for boys.

"She was asked if she was turning into a boy," Molina said.

Just as things were looking grim, the "Star Wars" fan army deployed to help Layla strike back.

Layla had taken photos recently at a fan convention with "Star Wars" fan Jason Tuttle, a member of the charitable fan group the 501st Legion (which has worked with organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Fisher House and local hospitals).

When he saw those photos that Molina posted on his Facebook page, Tuttle encouraged Layla's fandom and sent patches, stickers and trading cards to Layla.

Molina told Tuttle about her bullying problems, and subsequently, the 501st fan community came together in support of her on Facebook earlier this month.

"A lot of the Star Wars community and fans are supportive, and a lot of the females can relate and had similar experiences in their own childhoods," said Molina.

People started sending Layla more and more "Star Wars" gifts.

Not everyone was encouraging, however.

"A lot of people outside the community immediately attack our parenting, saying we should have instilled more confidence in her on our own. I even had one man suggest I teach her to fight."

"Star Wars" fans, on the other hand, have taught Layla confidence.

Hers might be a familiar story to those who remember Katie Goldman, whose fight against bullying inspired "Wear Star Wars, Share Star Wars Day," held annually in December.

Layla now feels loved and accepted in her stormtrooper uniform, and recently got a chance to meet one of her heroes, "Weird Al" Yankovic, who has two "Star Wars" parodies in his repertoire.

If you'll excuse me, I got something on my eye now...

Stray dogs at night in the coffee shop, not sure thats a great idea.
Kid in a girls dress, I might have a talk with him first, maybe suggest a Spiderman costume instead.

Back