• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

article with Dana White explaining why Chael is getting the title shot.

Still, many are going to point to the fact that Chael Sonnen has not fought at 205 pounds in the past half decade, is not a contender in the division, and should not be able to “talk his way” into a title shot.
Again, White would point to the timing, and the fact that several other fighters had their opportunity and when the UFC needed someone to step up, Sonnen was the man to answer the call.
“I've said this before and I'll say it again, Dan Henderson had the opportunity for the fight and he got injured, right? He got injured, now Jones is injured until friggin' April,” said White.
“Every one of these guys that are bitching about a title shot now, we're offered a fight and turned it down. They refused to fight Jon Jones. Now, they're bummed out because Chael stepped up on eight-days notice and he's gonna coach The Ultimate Fighter and fight him.”
For White, the equation is quite simple. The best time to make hay is when the sun shines.
“All the top contenders that are pissed off that Chael Sonnen has a title shot are the same guys that I called that turned down fighting Jon Jones.”

so if no one wants/can fight jones at LHW, why not move up to HW... doesnt he cut 30 lbs? match him up with Cain who is light for a HW... but putting a non-contender MW vs a LHW Champion for the title just doesn't make sense... For me, as a fight fan, I would rather see Jones move up to HW and see what he can do in that division... Didnt Jones mention he would eventually move up to HW.. so why not test the waters now??? Cain or even Werdum... or even Cormier... --- picked those fighters coz they are almost the same weight as Jones (without cutting weight)

jones has made weight in every title fight he has been in, he is fighjting people his size.

weight classes exist for a reason.

he cuts 30+ lbs to get to 205... some people can do that and some cant. his body is still young enough to handle the weight cut...
thats why if they want a superfight, it would make more sense to see JBJ vs AS coz of their frames are almost the same... GSP vs AS doesnt make sense to me coz GSP is much smaller... GSP cuts to 170 from 190-195 lbs... AS cuts weight from 220+ lbs.. JBJ from 230...

In the Irvin vs Silva post fight conference Anderson said he walks around at 220 in his off season. I don't think he weighs that much when he gets in the cage doing the LHW though... Probably weighs somewhere near 215. Really, Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva can really happen. Jon Jones is a bigger dude but Anderson is no ordinary fighter. How much you think Bonnar weighed when he walked in the cage? Probably more than Anderson and he made Bonnar look like a fool. Anderson has the skills to take on any opponent in the UFC.
It would be nice to seem them both fight but UFC probably won't let it happen for the same reason why Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather has not fought yet. MONEY. But, it does seem like UFC fighters have more freedom to do whatever they want.

jon jnes looking to move to HW at end of next year

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/...finitely-eyeing-late-2013-move-to-heavyweight

Participating in an online MetroPCS chat with fans on Tuesday night, White, with Jones by his side, posed the question to the 25-year-old champ.
"I'll definitely move up to heavyweight," Jones responded. "But it'll probably be around 2013. Maybe at the end of 2013."
Jones is currently filming The Ultimate Fighter 17 opposite former middleweight Chael Sonnen in advance of the pair's April 27th title fight.
After which, Jones made it clear he still desires a fight against Dan Henderson in order to wrap up the UFC 151 chapter of his life. Minutes later, "Bones" also expressed interest in fighting rising Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson in order to quiet critics who complain about his reach advantage.

Ya, that's just Dana White running his mouth. lol. He is the biggest fan UFC has. He tries to promise big super fights but it never happens. I heard Diaz and Koscheck fight in is in the works.

I am excited about a Diaz / Kos fight.

Because I know both dudes will bring it.

And, I am a rare fan of both!

Diaz better beat Koscheck and move on to fight GSP. I really want to see Diaz and GSP fight, because I know GSP vs Condit is going to boring as fuck.

Diaz better beat Koscheck and move on to fight GSP. I really want to see Diaz and GSP fight, because I know GSP vs Condit is going to boring as fuck.

why do you think gsp/condit fight is gonna be boring? both fighters bring it especially condit coz he's not afraid to throw down and get hit too...
kos vs diaz would be more boring coz its jus gonna be a battle of positions and they will be against the cage just holding each other coz kos doesnt want to get hit...

Oh ya, because Condit was throwing it down while Diaz was pushing him around the ring.... NOT! All of GSP fights lately been boring as hell. GSP vs Jake Shield BORING as fuck. GSP vs Koscheck boring, GSP vs Hardy boring. The last good fight GSP had was against BJ Penn back in 2009. GSP wanted to fight Diaz way more than Condit. All I see is GSP and Condit circling around each other for 5 rounds. Diaz and Koscheck knows how to throw it down.

Back