• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Problem is, Rashad, Machida, Rua, Hendo are all middleweights. I know a couple of 'em have even fought at heavyweight, but their frames are middleweight sized.

The true LHW's... Gusto, Forrest, Davis, etc. are either not quite there skill-wise or are on their way out. And even then, Jones still has size advantage over those guys. Just like Anderson, Jones is beatable, someone just has to do it.

He may be, he's just not there, skill wise. I say if Gusto wins his next two fights in spectacular fashion, over top contenders, he might be there. Maybe.

Awesome card!

I don't believe machida deserves a title shot though. He was thoroughly decimated by jones just one fight ago. Make him fight another fight first.

He got caught and choked out, that doesn't dismiss that he pwned Jones in the first round. I think Machida could beat Jones , he just needs to let Jones come to him and pop him like this last fight. Also other than his long ass limbs Jones defense and counter-striking is garbage compared to Machida's imo.

He got caught and choked out, that doesn't dismiss that he pwned Jones in the first round. I think Machida could beat Jones , he just needs to let Jones come to him and pop him like this last fight. Also other than his long ass limbs Jones defense and counter-striking is garbage compared to Machida's imo.

I will respectively diagree. ill go back and watch round one, buit pwned is a massive exagreation. he darted in and out and got a few shots in, buty jones was never even damaged, or even close to in dnager.

in round two jones adjusted, got lyoto down and fucking obliterated him with elbows, opening up a massive cut. then a short while later against the cage was dmaned near murdered :laughing

I actual;ly dont like jones. he irks me, and I reall ylike machida, but i think machida literally, has ZERO chance against jones. none. I would WNT machida tyo win, but he cant.

machidas greatest strength, outside striking and distance management is effectively nullified by jones isane reach, and his physical superiority is massive over machida, and even in the rashad fight jones was looking way bigger.

Nick Diaz was in attendance at Show Stoppers 4 last weekend.
Dragon House MMA is in Oakland this Saturday. 11 pro fights, 5 am bouts.

Henderson vs. Diaz announced :party

diaz could win that fight, although i think hendo will. while i was dispointed to see another split decision, i dont want a rematch. too many rematches these days.

glad to see the LW division finally oepend up.

sorry i havent been a part iof the thread guys, im in burkina faso lol yes, you read that right

i was sad to see frankie lose, well hear as i didnt see the fight. heres hoping he moves down to FW, i think he will dop very good there. i mean he fought at LW and never cut weight. ever. no weight cutting at all. so it should be an easy move where he will be big and strong, and still have the stamina to fighgt. plus lets face it, the division is not as deep, he coukld fight fopr a title soon

Jon "Bitch" Jones. Hendo hurt his knee, so he's out. Chael stepped up and Jones refused. UFC 151 CANCELLED!!! Thanks, "Bitch".

his coach/trainer stated that if JJ fought it would be the worst decision of his life.

Greg Jackson, playing it uber-safe again. I think it's a seriously chickenshit move by Jones to back out of the fight. He claims he has only three days to prepare for Chael... bullllllshit. He's been training for someone who's arguably more dangerous than Chael, but won't fight a freakin' middleweight cuz he and Jackson can't come up with a "gameplan" on that short notice.

I understand preparing for your opponent and all, but come on... it's a friggin' fight. Chael would be a mega-underdog on the books and Jones stood to make a ton of money on this. Ridiculous.

his coach/trainer stated that if JJ fought it would be the worst decision of his life.

Pissing off Dana White like this (and all of the other fighters on that card) is probably the worst decision of his life.

Yep. This really blew up in his face. Dude always struck me as having the mentality of a child and this really proves it, I think.

Didn't hear the news? Hendo busted his knee, UFC docs said he couldn't compete, Dana White called up a bunch of people to try to fill Hendo's spot, everyone said no.... except Chael. And when Jones was offered Chael, he punked out.

Which is stupid cuz...

He just missed a huge payday
He killed a fight that had a major time allotment which probably made it impossible to fill the PPV, plus the main card is gone. Hard to have a fight when your main card is a championship fight
By way of dropping out and UFC essentially being forced to scrap the card, a ton of other fighters lost or got a delayed payday
Lots of fans lost money on flights, hotels, etc

And last, but certainly not least... he gave the biggest big mouth of them all, Chael Sonnen, TONS of ammo.

Back