• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Funny, most of the people I know who think something like motorcycle racing is boring don't know much about it. Same instance here? I dunno.

Besides, how is Ronda any more exciting? She's won with the same move in every fight, right? How utterly predictable.

But, bitching about GSP's dominance has little to do with this issue, if any at all. The fact of the matter is that I refuse to pay to watch WMMA, if at all. I have absolutely zero interest in it, whatsoever.

I enjoyed watching women's events in all sorts of Olympic sports this summer, so it's not like I only want to watch male athletes. Even tho MMA is a sport, it's still a fight, and I'm only going to watch dudes fight.

and the current gsp isnt? :rolleyes:rolleyes
ill watch womens cause they got boobs.

diaz didnt make weight, was .6 lbs over. apparently he was not aware of the rule that in title fights there is no one lbs grace.

on his second attemt he was 155.2, and only about an hour or so ago he finally made it. not boding well for him and his stamina.

Main card:
Benson Henderson (154.6) vs. Nate Diaz (155)*
Mauricio Rua (205) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (205.4)
B.J. Penn (168.2) vs. Rory MacDonald (170.2)
Mike Swick (170) vs. Matt Brown (170.2)

Preliminary card (FX)
Yves Edwards (155) vs. Jeremy Stephens (155.8)
Raphael Assuncao (136)** vs. Mike Easton (135)
Ramsey Nijem (155.4) vs. Joe Proctor (154.6)
Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. Henry Martinez (158.8)***
Marcus LeVesseur (155.4) vs. Abel Trujillo (155.4)
Dennis Siver (146) vs. Nam Phan (145.4)

Preliminary card (Facebook)
Scott Jorgensen (135.2) vs. John Albert (136)

* Fighter initially weighed 155.6 lbs., made weight on third attempt
** Fighter initially weighed 136.4 lbs.
*** Fighter has agreed to forfeit 20% of his purse

Last edited:
pretty much went the way I expected. hendo handles diaz, BJ gets beat down but not KO'd, and alex beats rua.

for diaz's credit, he gave hendo his due in the press conference. which is nice because its cool to watch diaz kinda move out from under his brothers shadow and mindset. im a much bigger fan of nate than nick. this wa sjust a really poor match up for nate,. hendo to big, too strong, too smart. and a more diverse fighter, able to do more damage from a greater variety of positions.,

Last edited:
pretty much went the way I expected. hendo handles diaz, BJ gets beat down but not KO'd, and alex beats rua.

for diaz's credit, he gave hendo his due in the press conference. which is nice because its cool to watch diaz kinda move out from under his brothers shadow and mindset. im a much bigger fan of nate than nick. this wa sjust a really poor match up for nate,. hendo to big, too strong, too smart. and a more diverse fighter, able to do more damage from a greater variety of positions.,

Really good card. Loved the utter domination by Bendo. I did take issue with Nate flipping him off, tho, cuz they had to cut away a bunch of times. Tool. Henderson coulda fought a whole nother title fight right away. :laughing

Bendo/Diaz looked like an NFL lineman bullying some teenager.

Utter domination. Really impressive. Showboating looks even dumber when you are getting your face pounded in!

I hope everybody can now see the BJ Penn is beyond washed up. Did he even land ONE punch? Poor guy.

That fucking Trujillo guy looked fucking savage. Can't wait to see him fight again. Looks like a little Rashad only faster!

that was a great card...
damn, rory is a beast! BJ didn't even have a chance
abel trujillo is a monster
already knew bendo was gonna win

Because GSP actually dislikes Diaz and wants to beat his face in. Personally, I think it's a load of horseshit. Diaz absolutely does not deserve a title fight. I'd be insulted if I were Condit or Hendricks.

that's BS...
he doesnt deserve the title fight.. he needs to fight a couple of top tier fighters first... and get in line behind Hendricks... Ellenberger and Diaz would make more sense then go from there but he needs to get in line... geez, this is the reason why i'm not liking UFC...

Because GSP actually dislikes Diaz and wants to beat his face in. Personally, I think it's a load of horseshit. Diaz absolutely does not deserve a title fight. I'd be insulted if I were Condit or Hendricks.

+1

link

"There's no system for picking number one contenders," Fitch said about the UFC's popularity based title-contender selection process. "There's no order, there's no lineup, there's no point system. It's just whoever they feel they're going to make the most money off. That's who gets the title shot. It kind of sucks, because in other sports there's kind of a clear path; you do this, this and this, and you get this. That's just not the way combat sports work I guess. It doesn't work that way with boxing or the UFC. It comes down to showmanship. I have to be a better showman to get a title shot. I don't have to be a better fighter I just have to be a better showman."

fitch and hendricks are right, but then again, its a business. what you gonna do?

Ill tell you what youre going to do, have wanderlei face stann for free, at light heavy! lol wtf but I like it. next year on ufc on fx...nice

I do like the fact that they're throwing up more free cards. Wand vs. Stann is a meaningless fight in terms of career progress/title implications, but it could be fun as hell to watch. I like 'em both, too, don't know who to cheer for. :D

Personally, I'd much, much rather see Hendricks fight GSP than Diaz even tho there will be tons and tons of hype surrounding the fight. The Diaz bros fight pretty much the same. Condit negated the Diaz style (and I think would tool Nick much worse if they were to fight again), GSP dominated Condit. Bendo negated Nate and fought like a mini-GSP. Meh... I just don't see the point in this fight.

I'd rather see GSP face a top level rassler with a mean and accurate grenade of a fist. Could GSP out-rassle Hendricks? Could he stay away from the bomb and land some leather of his own? That, I'm interested to see.

Yup. I think if Cerrone hadn't got all worked up and kept up the brutal leg kicks and movement, he'd have beat down Nate. He shouldn't have lost that fight.

Yup. I think if Cerrone hadn't got all worked up and kept up the brutal leg kicks and movement, he'd have beat down Nate. He shouldn't have lost that fight.

yup... if he wouldve stayed within his gameplan, he wouldve won that fight... he fell to the Diaz's way of fighting by taunting their opponent... you cannot do that to top tier fighters who trains for that type of stuff too... GSP will just put a beating on Nick and it'll be a one side/lopsided fight just like the nate/bendo fight...
i do like the stann/silva free fight tho and yeah.. tonights fight between lombard and palhares - that should be fun to watch lol... lombard will just get taken down and get caught in a heel hook.. but those 2 are beasts ...
jones/AS - they should make this fight happen already coz i would rather watch these 2 fight vs GSP/AS fight... and after that fight, i wanna see JBJ fight HW (struve)

yep ceronne got caught up in nates BS. he should have won that fight, but he let nate get in his head.

hendo didnt even give half a fuck about that crap, he just went about his business and beat the shit out of nate

Back