• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Frankie's movement is pretty unreal. Only thing I dislike about Frankie is his tendency not to convincingly win fights. Lots of times he has close close decisions. I wish he would do just a little more damage

True, tho he did KO that one dude with the tramp stamp. Tho he did almost get KO'd himself. :D

great card

finishes

FINISHES EVERYWHERE

also, glad Pendred finally lost here in the UFC. So tired of that guy. He sucks and moves like molasses.

Already annoyed with the excuses though. Last month it was "sea level Cain". Now it's "full camp Chad"

Already annoyed with the excuses though. Last month it was "sea level Cain". Now it's "full camp Chad"

Welllllllllllllll, I ain't going to say it's an excuse, I'm not going to make that, but I think he would have at least faired a little better had he had a full camp. :D :afm199

Still, dude lost fair and square.

Also lot of talk that Conor's need was f00ked up in the fight and his weight cut sucked. :dunno

Benson got a lot of fans this year for his short notice fights he took. Against Cowboy because he lost it was blamed partly on short notice plus them being friends playing paddy cake for 3 rounds. Against Thatch because he won, there was no need to talk about taking the fight on short notice. He just came out and did work.

I just don't like playing the coulda shoulda woulda game. Two guys go in, one guy comes out with the W. That's all I care about. Save the "what if" scenarios and just book a rematch in the future.

Chad taking numerous hard accurate shots to the body probably killed his gas tank more than taking the fight 2 weeks ago. He's generally very proud of always being in shape whether he's scheduled for a fight or not, so not like he was sitting on the couch with a bucket of KFC when Dana called him.

Last edited:
Indeed. He did look beatable.

Edgar would have rolled his ass so bad.

YES! i so hope that this line of thinking gets a head of steam so i can actually make some money on a mcgregor fight again when he's the underdog!

this matchup should look very much like the first round of edgar/maynard II, except that frankie wouldn't squeak out of the round and recover.

YES! i so hope that this line of thinking gets a head of steam so i can actually make some money on a mcgregor fight again when he's the underdog!

this matchup should look very much like the first round of edgar/maynard II, except that frankie wouldn't squeak out of the round and recover.

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that. Should be just like a fight from 2011, Yer gonna get rich yo. Because Conor will be an underdog.

Lotsa logic here. Not.

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that. Should be just like a fight from 2011, Yer gonna get rich yo. Because Conor will be an underdog.

Lotsa logic here. Not.

hundred bucks straight up says mcgregor wins, if you'd care to make it interesting.

frankie gets hit WAY too much to deal with him and is even smaller than, and quite frankly not as good as, mendes.

hundred bucks straight up says mcgregor wins, if you'd care to make it interesting.

frankie gets hit WAY too much to deal with him and is even smaller than, and quite frankly not as good as, mendes.

Hold on their Tiger, the fight hasn't been announced yet, and may never be, so hold on to your nest egg for a bit. Imaginary bets are cool and all, but they are imaginary.

Here's what you are leaving out: Frankie gets hit a lot, and keep throwing punches and takedowns.

MiniMendes gets KO'd. Frankie has never been KO'd. Frankie eats punches from bigger fighters all night long and keeps coming.

Mendes eats a few and gets worried, if he is not asleep.

Can't believe anybody would write Edgar off at this point. :wow

imaginary lol. i'm talking real money here, well, real fiat currency anyways, but a hundred usd nonetheless.

i'll even sweeten the deal and say he gets finished (ko,tko or sub) for the low price of +125 (for me, of course). that way if frankie wins by whatever or it goes the distance, i owe you 100, if frankie goes nuh nites, you owe me 125. or just a hundy straight up. your call.

and if you think mendes has a weak chin, you are ridiculous. i'm not 'writing frankie off' i love that guys fights and think he's a complete terror, but he's way undermatched and he's taken a lot of punishment over the years.

ima bigtime gambler

and if you think mendes has a weak chin, you are ridiculous. i'm not 'writing frankie off' i love that guys fights and think he's a complete terror, but he's way undermatched and he's taken a lot of punishment over the years.

Never said he had a weak chin. I said he gets knocked out, and Frankie doesn't, which is completely true.

We'll see.

oh shit, sorry, twice. once by a monster knee by the champ and once by an uppercut followed shortly by right jab to left cross by the new champ :laughing

and for the record, you are the one who came in all butthurt saying frankie woulda this frankie woulda that, then called my logic stoopid, so cmon mang, let's e-shake on this and have a gentlemans wager.

Last edited:
Friggin great card, I was jumping up and down on the couch during that finish. Guess he is the real deal? He has some take down defense to work on but I think the lesson was learned. I don't see Aldo going for takedowns though, should be a brawl.

Also apparently McGregor has a jacked up MCL?

giphy.gif

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Holy shit, that's hilarious.

Yes, word is, Fedor is coming back. :rolleyes Good grief.

Oh, did anyone mention the new uniforms? Holy shit, they're terrible. :wtf The shorts didn't bother me too much, but those awful outfits they made the corner workers wear!!! :wow Yikes! No more walk out shirts, boo. Ugh, bad move man, bad move.

Back