• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Comon... Ronda was swinging the shit outa those punches. She's improved but frankly I didn't see anything that looked super refined. I think someone with some decent stand up defense could shut that crap down, and she'd have to default back to hip tosses and armbars...

nope chuck testa, theres no one stepping their game up like she has at the moment. ugly w is still a w.

gsp gonna lay n pray all day or whatever :x such a great wet blanket and thats not boring?

LoLz. I wasn't even talking about fighting technique. :laughing I was saying that the talk about Cyborg fighting Honda is boring. Who fuggin' cares? Not something I'd pay to see. Hell, not even something I'd necessarily watch for free. And besides that, it's probably less likely to happen than GSP vs. Anderson was.

Palahstes stripped of title and suspended indefinetky

And Ronda donated her UFC belt to a local Brazilian judo club

yoJC2wxjCRIN9Gd9TO.gif

Cyborg is the only fight I'm interested in with Rousey she is the product of poor competition in her division and a marketing monster.

And anyone who knows how to keep distance from her with punches or leg kicks, and knows how to circle out of the clinch has a legitimate chance.

All she does is bull rush looking for the clench and throw. Her boxing is awful and she eats punches with her bum rush attack because she comes in like an ant eater. Any traditional striker would pick her apart IMO.

I think Holm and Germaine de Randamie out strike her for the finish. I was quite amused with Bethe's face plant though...

Any traditional striker would pick her apart IMO.

I think Holm and Germaine de Randamie out strike her for the finish. I was quite amused with Bethe's face plant though...

Not sure what you mean by "traditional striker," but Bethe favors boxing and kickboxing -- pretty traditional. Others have mentioned Holm as someone who might have a chance, based largely on what you said, keeping distance with kicks.

The trouble with kicking is, while you're throwing a kick, you can't move. With someone as quick and aggressive as Rousey, that would be an issue. Eating a punch or two on the way in has a big payoff for her, because once she lays hands on, you're toast.

Holm? Lol did you see her last two fights?

Not even close to ready and she freely admits it.

She could hardly handle the pressure of her first UFC fight, let alone one against rousey. Holly is a solid two years and four fights away from the discussion

Holm is so massively over rated. She's a good prospect, but that's it. She fights rousey tommorow and she's eaten alive. Two years and we can talk. For now her UFC fights are a major let down. If rousey is s product of s weak division, what does it say that holly can't finish the weakest within that weak division

Last edited:
I for one, welcome the UFC WHW division. :x

But really, W SW is much more entertaining. It's not fun when it's a foregone conclusion. A lot of the W BW's are too stiff and don't move well.

I'm still going with Cat as #1 contender, she just needs to get her emotions in check. Last fight was too much too soon. Holm was a total hype killer.

Let's not forget that the fight game continues to evolve and new talents will penetrate current divisions. RR is so very talented however-she's been in the game since she was very young and her presence, ability and ferocity has grown tremendously.
Fast mind, fast hands, ability to evolve as the fight does and awesome power makes her a true champ. For now....

After Tate again, I don't even know who they'd match her up with after. And if Tate won, we'd just get Rousey/Tate 4 immediately. I'd really be looking forward to that. :|

Sure, there's always Cat Zingano but she hasn't even booked a rebound fight yet so she's not really in the title fight talks again until that happens.

After Tate 3, just retire the WBW belt... And bring it out of retirement in 10 years when the rest of the ladies finally start to catch up. Also, back to co-main on another title fight. She can sell fights sure but I don't need anymore 30 second squash matches as main events.

Back