• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Aldo threatening to sue the UFC to release him from his contract for giving CMac a LW title shot before unifying the FW belt. I see his point.

I don't agree with the situation at all. I understand not everything is going to be fair in the fight game, often in the name of money and Conor gets his way because he brings in a lot of money but that doesn't really count in this instance.

UFC 205 could have been McG/Aldo II, Alvarez/Khabib, Woodley/Thompson. Everyone gets paid a bunch and no one gets screwed. Aldo and Khabib were both promised the title fight and letting Conor fight Alvarez screws both of them. That's not cool. Aldo did everything they asked him to do with the interim belt to get the next shot at a unification fight, even though he should have gotten a rematch in the first place.

They still could have kept Joanna/Karolina if they wanted to have 4 belts in one night. Or slipped that fight in if there was an early injury, or something. That card would have sold just as many buys and made just as much money.

This is just catering to Conor without really bringing in anymore money. Dana breaks 'promises' and reneges a lot but this is a little much....

That said, the card looks awesome and I can't wait.

Yeah, it's lame. I don't even think there should have been a Diaz/CMac II, they should have had Connor fight Aldo before that even.

I get that it's about money and that the fight business isn't fair, but this is too much. A whole bunch of people are getting screwed because of this; the FW division hasn't budged.

If Aldo moves on or simply decides not to fight anymore, then who knows how long Connor will take to fight at FW again. The so if he does get the LW belt, then that gets held up. They could bone both the FW and LW divisions for over a year, potentially.

The stupid thing is Dana said (I know, "Dana said") after Conor/Nate II, that he would not strip him but he'd have to make a choice himself for his next fight to fight at other weight classes and cough up the belt or defend it.

He slowed Conor's roll of thinking he's Mr. Everything at UFC 200 when he got bounced from that card for not doing his contractual presser. Wish he woulda stuck to his guns on this instead of letting Conor effectively call the shots.

CMac must give good head. Dana has threatened his belt more than once and for quite some time. Looks like a stall tactic to me. Would like to have seen Lawler bust his head like a watermelon at a Gallagher show. :D

no predictions for the matches being held across the pond?

Not really. I think this is my most least looked forward to pay per view event of this year. And I feel almost all of the fights on the main card have very little division relevance.

If Henderson wins, he vacates the belt and the next fight will be between probably the winners of Weidman/Romero and Rockhold/Souza. If Bisping wins, the next fight will probably be whoever has the more impressive finish of those two fights and whoever that is will take Bisping's lunch money.

Mousassi is gonna beat Deflator.

OSP/Manuwa winner probably means they will get matched up with Glover or Bader next because that division is so thin and they will lose to them.

That said, I'm still watching. Some of the cards I've been least interested in have been the most exciting.

Last edited:
not much to see except the fact that the belt might change waists once again after the count has his light switched off/

Didn't see the main card, just the prelims, which were mostly meh. Was kinda pulling for Hendo, but oh well. Dude is pretty amazing and has fought pretty much everyone. Going out in a title fight isn't the worst thing ever.

Hendo won rounds 1 and 2. Bisping 3 and 4. 5 was a toss up but of course that was England. so...

Huge win for Manuwa, terrible loss for OSP.

Vitor needs to retire.

I was screaming at the TV rounds 1,2 the rest wasn't super interesting. Vitor does need to retire. He just hasn't had the POP since the TRToR days.

Looks like Weidman next for Bisping? I think he gets smashed.

I was screaming at the TV rounds 1,2 the rest wasn't super interesting. Vitor does need to retire. He just hasn't had the POP since the TRToR days.

Looks like Weidman next for Bisping? I think he gets smashed.

Romero could win that fight... I'm not sure Weidman is next.

Whoever Bisping fights next of the current contenders is gonna take his lunch money though. I hope he's happy enjoying his moment in the sun.

Spitsping has won more UFC fights than... anyone. :wtf

Five hobo dollars says ol' Mikey retires with the belt... three years from now. :twofinger

Romero could win that fight... I'm not sure Weidman is next.

Whoever Bisping fights next of the current contenders is gonna take his lunch money though. I hope he's happy enjoying his moment in the sun.

Forgot about Romero. Might be a big task for "post-drinking" Weidman. :laughing

November at the Garden!
Grew up watching the Knicks play there and have seen far too many concerts to remember! Awesome place, easy public transportation access-remember the LIRR?

Predictions? a bit early I know but wtf-Eddie A. in the house!

I think McG out techniques Eddie, i'm going with heel kick to head TKO. :thumbup

12 more days of holding my breath..

Jon Jones suspended 1 year, retroactive to when he was notified, for taking tainted black market boner pills.

Send this guy back to Kindergarten.

Back