• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

I think GSP will likely try to do to Spitsping what he did to Koscheck. I think he could possibly win, but I don't see him beating Jacare.

Yeah, with that last title fight, cancel Maia/Masvidal. Book Woodley/Maia and Thompson/Masvidal.

Word. After Maia's utter dismantling of Condit and Brown, plus a 6 fight win streak/hasn't lost in three years, I could see him possibly taking the belt. Masvidal has kinda been a sleeper, and I think he's in line for a shot, but I think Maia has a better chance of taking it at this point in time.

Dana's gigantic head would explode, tho, if Maia wrestlefucks his way to a 'ship. :laughing

Maia vs. Shields for the wrestlefuck title!

GSP takes on winner.

I keed I keed. Maia has improved in striking. Which helps him setup the smother. Dudes like glue. Pretty amazing at his craft. I've become a fan over the years.

Watched this past UFC's prelims which were ok. Nothing too spectacular, tho Miles Jury looks to be in top form again. Slick performance there.

However, the LHW fight was pretty dismal. At no time should a fighter paid by the UFC put their hands on their knees DURING a fight due to exhaustion. And if that does happen, his opponent has no excuse for not knocking his block off.

So, did AJ throw his fight? I wanted to read about Crombread getting KTFO, but it sounds like AJ's corner was furious at him for not fighting his fight. Then he immediately retires? WTF?

What a sideshow.

Not every card can be great.

I'll probably still pay for UFC 211, or share the cost, or contribute beer to a fight party or something. I just downloaded 210 after hearing about the whole clusterfuck of things happening.

211 should be quality. Stipe and Joanna ain't gonna let me down.

P.S. I don't think Rumble threw the fight.

True, not every card can be great, but great PPV cards have been few and far between. FOX or FS1 cards have been just as good or better for quite some time, it seems.

Maybe AJ didn't throw the fight per se, but based on what I've seen and read, he didn't fight his fight. I don't think his heart was in it, which is disappointing.

Last night was actually a pretty decent card even though the main event was bullshit. Not that fight was bullshit, it was a good fight. Dominant win by Cub but still a good fight. Lobov's chin might be made of adamantium. Just bullshit that it was even booked AND made the main event. Lobov is a nobody other than Conor's training partner and still has what might be the worst record in the UFC I can think of.

Lot of other great fights on the card though.

Last edited:
I agree, entertaining overall and yes, Lobov had no business being in there with Cub. While he managed to go five rounds, T-Wood had a good point... who fuckin' cares? He got solidly handled and posed almost no threat to Cub. Just because he managed not to get KTFO does not mean he should have been in that fight.

Sanchez... while I find the guy to be nearly insufferable, I have to say, dude has been thru it all and has been entertaining over the years. However... roid rage/crazy doesn't win fights any more. Iaquinta is pretty much a nobody and totally telegraphed the two punches that put Sanchez away. Dana needs to pay Sanchez out of his contract and let him go.

Lauzon/Ray was a good fight. A little more patience by Ray and he probably would have got the KO.

My tinfoil hat said that fight was never going to or meant to happen. It was a play by Bisping to put off defending against a real contendere and hold onto the belt as long as possible and hope Romero gets knocked out of the title talk.

Back