• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

My tinfoil hat said that fight was never going to or meant to happen. It was a play by Bisping to put off defending against a real contendere and hold onto the belt as long as possible and hope Romero gets knocked out of the title talk.

I'm sticking with that the UFC is hosed. Conor broke the system, all the has beens want dat superstar money. IMO along side poutey rousey, GSP never steps in the octogon again.

GSP is already worth 8 figures. A few of the old school guys really made some serious money, but not a lot.

Coulda been a relatively easy, and large, paycheck, tho.

GSP has already cemented his legacy as arguably the best WW ever. I'd rather not see him tarnish that.

GSP is already worth 8 figures. A few of the old school guys really made some serious money, but not a lot.

Coulda been a relatively easy, and large, paycheck, tho.

GSP has already cemented his legacy as arguably the best WW ever. I'd rather not see him tarnish that.

Especially not fighting for the belt in a weight class he's never competed at.

If he came back and got an immediate shot at 170, fine. whatever.

Great card May 13!
Belts maintained, champ can continued to be called champ.

Herb needs to put down the herb. That was a horrendous call. Herb Dean... Steve Mazzagati Jr?

Yeah, should have been DQ.

But, that's what happens when you make a new rule, then don't activate the new rule. Utter confusion, epic fail. :nchantr

Totally fail, but there's no excuse for him to not know the rules where he's reffing.

Agreed, but it's not just him, is it? :teeth The fighters have the same issue, that's why we saw the illegal knees in the first place.

This is the result of changing the rule, and then not enacting the new rule after beating into everyone's heads that there's a rule change. It leads to confusion.

Ponder this: There undoubtedly were other organization folks there that are part of the rule defining group, but there was no one there who could straighten out the mess.:afm199

The last knee was illegal AF, no matter what rules you're using. Herb screwed over Porier to cover his own ass. THAT is bullshit. He is 100% responsible to ref the fight fairly and to the rules. Dude boned it up, big time and he's been involved in some damn iffy calls of the past couple years.

Rule change or not, those were illegal knees to the head. Alvarez should have been DQ'd. Poirier sure was a class act though.

That whole prelim card was about as entertaining as it gets.

The last knee was illegal AF, no matter what rules you're using. Herb screwed over Porier to cover his own ass. THAT is bullshit. He is 100% responsible to ref the fight fairly and to the rules. Dude boned it up, big time and he's been involved in some damn iffy calls of the past couple years.

Rule change or not, those were illegal knees to the head. Alvarez should have been DQ'd. Poirier sure was a class act though.

That whole prelim card was about as entertaining as it gets.

A grounded fighter is one with “Any part of the body, other than a single hand and feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands and feet, palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor.”

Under the new rule, knee 1 was legal. Only the fingers of one hand and his feet were touching the canvas.

Knee 2 was illegal AF, but that was ruled accidental.

Without the rule change and subsequent non-implementation of said rule, knee 1 would have been an intervention and there would have been no knee 2 and no stoppage.

lmao. Bisping is STILL trying to avoid Yoel saying he has an 'injury' and he'll still wait for GSP when he's 'ready' again. He can't fight anytime soon.

It’s a blessing in disguise because I can’t fight anytime soon. I can’t exercise, I can’t train. My knee is giving me many, many problems. It was doing it in Thailand, it’s still getting no better. . . So long story short, what I’m getting at is I’m not going to be ready to fight anytime soon so again, that’s another reason why this plays into the perfect scenario for me. [Rockhold] has no grounds to talk. Some people have, to be honest. Yoel’s been there for a bit now. I understand that. Robert Whittaker is there and Gegard as well but I’ve got a fight booked and until I hear anything differently from an official source, I’m expecting to fight GSP.

lmao. Bisping is STILL trying to avoid Yoel saying he has an 'injury' and he'll still wait for GSP when he's 'ready' again. He can't fight anytime soon.

Over the weekend, Dana said GSP's getting the WW title shot when he's coming back. Hope it doesn't hurt Maia's title shot though. The man deserves it after taking an unnecessary fight against Masvidal while he was next in line.

Over the weekend, Dana said GSP's getting the WW title shot when he's coming back. Hope it doesn't hurt Maia's title shot though. The man deserves it after taking an unnecessary fight against Masvidal while he was next in line.

Yeah they better not skip Maia. That would be a serious "fuck you"

If that happens, Maia should fight out his contract ASAP and get his ass to Bellator.

Rory just made 400k in his Bellator debut beating Daley. Plus proper non-reebok sponsors and all that.

Yeah they better not skip Maia. That would be a serious "fuck you"

If that happens, Maia should fight out his contract ASAP and get his ass to Bellator.

Rory just made 400k in his Bellator debut beating Daley. Plus proper non-reebok sponsors and all that.

Damn, Maia vs Rory II in Bellator. That would be weird to see lol.

UFC 214 is in Anaheim. Jones/DC 2. Me and some buddies are planning to go.

If any of you clowns are thinking of going too, let me know so we might be able to catch up before, during, or after the event.

Back