• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Yep. Hunt put on a masterful performance really, considering his experience and his age.

Also Derek Brunson did work.

And how about Ben Nguyen? Subbing Tim Elliot via RNC like that. impressive.

Ben did a good job getting the back and keeping it, not much Elliot could do at that point.

I was less impressed with Brunson. He did win, but he was fighting down against a 39 year old ranked many places below him. Derek was what, #6 going into this event? Kelly was like #15 and Brunson was the favorite.

That was an impressive shot, though, I wouldn't want to get hit with it! LOL

also, why the fuck are Holly and Correia a fucking main event fight this weekend? And in Singapore? Neither of them are even from that country or area...

I get it when there's a fight night card and they book a main event that's not exactly a high profile fight but one of the fighters is from the country or region... I don't understand how this main event happened.

also, why the fuck are Holly and Correia a fucking main event fight this weekend? And in Singapore? Neither of them are even from that country or area...

I get it when there's a fight night card and they book a main event that's not exactly a high profile fight but one of the fighters is from the country or region... I don't understand how this main event happened.

I'm guessing the cost of putting on this show is very low, relatively speaking.

Yep. Hunt put on a masterful performance really, considering his experience and his age.

Also Derek Brunson did work.

And how about Ben Nguyen? Subbing Tim Elliot via RNC like that. impressive.

Didn't expect Elliot to get subbed that fast.

Pearson... damn, man.

Hunt... glad he got it done, but I'd love to see Lewis KO a few more peepz. How 'bout Travis Housey... again. :D

Anybody see Derek Lewis' Instagram?

"Travis Browne waking up from the dead saying he wants a rematch and Francis learning how to use google translator talking shit" :laughing

He was beefing with Ngannou recently. Called him an African booty scratcher. :rofl

I haven't heard that insult since elementary school.

I'm guessing the cost of putting on this show is very low, relatively speaking.

Holly is on a what? 3 or 4 fight losing streak? I don't care how low the cost is, nobody with that kind of record should be headlining a card. Her draw as the Ronda killer is kinda over at this point. This is 3 straight main events for her. Why are they pushing her this much still?

Last edited:
Holly is on a what? 3 or 4 fight losing streak? I don't care how low the cost is, nobody with that kind of record should be headlining a card. Her draw as the Ronda killer is kinda over at this point. This is 3 straight main events for her. Why are they pushing her this much still?

She KTFO Honda and now with that hype-train thoroughly derailed, they have no one to promote. Joanna has a lock on the female MMA show right now. No one gives a crap about anyone else. Just my guess.

Answered your own question... always follow the money. :nchantr

She KTFO Honda and now with that hype-train thoroughly derailed, they have no one to promote. Joanna has a lock on the female MMA show right now. No one gives a crap about anyone else. Just my guess.

I mean, that's fine. so don't put her in a main event. The numbers can't make sense. A few friends of mine went to the event last year in Chicago when she fought Schevchenko in a main event. They said people were walking out after the co-main.

Well, my next guess is money laundering, but that's definitely not something a Las Vegas-based promotion would do, so they must be handing out free candy to get people to show up. :D

haha! I wonder what the ticket prices actually are. I hope really cheap.

I mean... if the event was in socal and the tickets were cheap, I might still go for whatever other fights are on the card.

Equivalent of $42 for nosebleeds, $2100 for super-VIP ringside, or $273 for close up floor seats.

If this were local, I wouldn't bother.

There's some middle ground as well, but those are the extremes. For that kind of card... no. Add food, parking, etc, and just... no.

Back