• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Fight date in August = both parties already knew the fight was on a long time ago.

And the whole, will it happen/will it not, was a ruse.

I know that should seem obvious but still.

How did this even come about? He barely beat Diaz, got one lucky shot with Aldo, and took two rounds to beat Alvarez. Not like he's got a long list of defeating the undefeated.

Amazing how far a big mouth can get you.

Yeah, this definitely has been a done deal for a while. Dana's mouth has been a hype train to try to build interest.

I dunno, is he that good of a boxer? He's got size on Floyd, but nowhere close to the experience in the boxing ring. Not even close.

He's obviously a phenomenal athlete and highly skilled, otherwise he'd not be a UFC champion, but he's definitely beatable and not a boxer.

These sideshow fights don't interest me.

Nicky Hayden and now this. Rough couple months for the only two sports I really care about.

Speaking of Hughes, anybody watching this season of Kingdom? Matt Hughes is in it.

I wonder what Serra is gonna say about Hughes on the next UFC Unfiltered podcast. I'm sure something heartfelt and sharing his condolences but Serra loves to drop little hater jabs at Hughes all the time on the show. It's pretty funny.

"UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg' Justino. UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.

: |

:laughing

:rofl

giphy.gif

Hendricks moves up to middleweight because he can't make weight anymore at welterweight.

Misses weight AGAIN at middleweight. Weighed in at 188.

Bigg Pigg indeed.

Yeah I watched. The only thing I really care about from the card is that Chandler is gonna put a hurt on that dude really bad in the rematch...

Total bullshit stoppage in the Chiesa/Lee fight. I don't think Chiesa was gonna get out of that but assclown Yamasaki stopped it early. No tap and Chiesa was still in it at the moment.

BUT as much as I don't really like Woodley, I agree with his commentary that Chiesa should be more frustrated that he was even in that position the first place. And when it was stopped, Chiesa's hands weren't even defending or trying to break the grip. That fight might have been 5 seconds from his hands going limp but the stoppage was still early.

I did not expect to see Lee backpacking Chiesa, body triangle, and threatening a clean RNC like that. That was the opposite of what I expected.

Big Rigg still giving only 70%. Wonder what his longwinded excuse is gonna be.

I don't even know where he goes from here... Can't make weight at 170, misses weight again at 185, gets bullied and stopped by a guy like Boetsch (no disrespect to Tim). Beating Lombard in his first fight at 185 was a good start but missing weight by 3 lbs and then getting stopped... Who does he even try to fight next?

Last edited:
It a lot easier for a lazy guy when on the juice. Dude just doesn't want to put in the effort needed for a guy with little natural talent. Dude was a one trick pony.

What kind of perplexes me is that I just listened to him last week on the UFC Unfiltered podcast with Matt Serra, and he was talking about how much nicer it is to go to the gym and train and all the diet stuff not worrying about that extra 15 lbs he'd have to lose to make 170. He said as soon as he stepped off the scale for his last welterweight fight, he whispered into Sean Shelby or Joe Silva's ear that this is the last time he fights at welterweight.

The way he spoke, I believed him that yeah maybe 185 is right for you. He sounded happy and motivated.

Then he misses weight again....

Back